Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

Got a feeling there's a LOT of talking and preparation/posturing going on between camps to get a feel for where everyone is and little pressure to execute before game time tomorrow.

Ordinarily I would think that, but with how the draft is set up this year I think teams are going to be looking to get their moves done as soon as possible before any opportunities get missed tomorrow.

So what's the consensus? Does Regier take as active a role at this time of the year as the league's more successful GMs, or does he tend to wait for the phone to ring from others taking the first step?

Judging by the fact that he said Miller will be remaining on the team through draft weekend, then who knows. Maybe he's just trying to get teams to up the offer, maybe he's trying to wait longer to get more value or maybe he's making other moves instead.

I have a strong feeling this draft will be EXTREMELY anti-climactic. Few trades.

Speaking of that, last night was the 15 year anniversary of the greatest Hell in the Cell match ever. Take a moment to watch the insanity. It just doesn't happen like this anymore.

http://deadspin.com/...t-thr-611685778

http://youtu.be/IKny0KW4ODM

That was the Zenith of WWF wrestling, right there, and awesome commentary by the King and JR. Work or not, I'll bet Foley was a hurting unit the next day after that match.

Judging by the fact that he said Miller will be remaining on the team through draft weekend, then who knows. Maybe he's just trying to get teams to up the offer, maybe he's trying to wait longer to get more value or maybe he's making other moves instead.

I have a strong feeling this draft will be EXTREMELY anti-climactic. Few trades.

He never said that.

That was the Zenith of WWF wrestling, right there, and awesome commentary by the King and JR. Work or not, I'll bet Foley was a hurting unit the next day after that match.

Foley was hurt for weeks.

"By the time all was said and done, the list of Foley's injuries was long and included but was not limited to: one and a half missing teeth, 14 stitches below his lip, a concussion, a dislocated jaw, a bruised kidney and a dislocated shoulder."

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/6/28/3052713/on-this-date-in-wwf-history-undertaker-nearly-kills-mankind-at-king

Teams are working out all their trades now to announce tomorrow the moment before the pick that they are trading for is in. Makes for better TV, makes the GMs all a bunch of smarty pants and it makes the NHL look good and maybe even get a little ESPN coverage...

...of course, this is coming from the guy that thinks everything is fixed.

Foley was hurt for weeks.

"By the time all was said and done, the list of Foley's injuries was long and included but was not limited to: one and a half missing teeth, 14 stitches below his lip, a concussion, a dislocated jaw, a bruised kidney and a dislocated shoulder."

http://www.cagesides...mankind-at-king

Holy crap, he was literally knocked out when the cell roof collapsed - according to the article, the top was supposed to slowly collapse after the slam, not open like a trap door - apparently the chair lacerated his face and knocked out a couple of his teeth too.

Amazing the man shrugged off two knock outs (concussed by the drop onto the Spanish announce table), and actually continued to perform, and take even more punishment.

Holy crap, he was literally knocked out when the cell roof collapsed - according to the article, the top was supposed to slowly collapse after the slam, not open like a trap door - apparently the chair lacerated his face and knocked out a couple of his teeth too.

Amazing the man shrugged off two knock outs (concussed by the drop onto the Spanish announce table), and actually continued to perform, and take even more punishment.

It was a different time and he wasn't that good of a wrestler. A glorified stunt man was Foley. But he knew what the people wanted. Blood. And he gave it to them.

That white thing hanging out of his nose after the cage collapse: one of his teeth. :o

Trade thread + wrestling talk = boring pre-draft Saturday. Le sigh.

Chz had me all primed for something...hot...today.

Ok. It cooled a bit and I can give pieces. Obviously it didn't go yet but you'll get the idea.

Pieces;

Stafford

Horcoff

Miller

Okposo

Pedan

Vanek

so my best guess

.. either stafford and the 8 to edmonton for the 7 and Horcroff?

miller and 16 to islanders for okposo, pedan and the 15 ..big win islanders . A unload at any cost scenerio

Vanek to Flames for the 6 (could not resign or resign and trade him../nice job Darcy/ 30 year old 240+ goal guy /great on the pp for a 6? ) .get killed on that deal if it is the case imo, another unload at any cost... has to be more than that

sabres had 8 and 16 now get 6 7 15 Okposo , Horcroff and pedan for Miller , Vanek.and Stafford.. Darcy would have to be on drugs to do that deal... ..

could say Vanek and Miller for the 6 and Okposo....the rest is just whitewash

has to me more or darcy is going to work for the Flames..lol

Ok. It cooled a bit and I can give pieces. Obviously it didn't go yet but you'll get the idea.

Pieces;

Stafford

Horcoff

Miller

Okposo

Pedan

Vanek

I don't see the whole thing happening. We will hang on to Miller through at least the first round. Vanek will yield more than whats listed.

Either a bad source or Darcy will show us just how far he has Pegula in his back pocket.

I don't see the whole thing happening. We will hang on to Miller through at least the first round. Vanek will yield more than whats listed.

Either a bad source or Darcy will show us just how far he has Pegula in his back pocket.

It just supports my theory that Darcy is posturing to try and get a better return for both players. He wants to make a deal but it'll have to be the right deal.

so .. stafford and the 8 to edmonton for the 7 and Horcroff?

miller and 16 to islanders for okposo, pedan and the 15 ..big win islanders . A unload at any cost scenerio

Vanek to Flames for the 6 (could not resign or resign and trade him../nice job Darcy/ 30 year old 240+ goal guy /great on the pp for a 6? ) .get killed on that deal if it is the case imo, has to be more than that

sabres had 8 and 16 now get 6 7 15 okposo and pedan for Miller , Vanek.and Stafford.. Darcy would have to be on drugs to do that deal... ..o

has to me more or darcy is going to work for the Flames..lol

Nope

Archived