Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

I meant both. I don't think that whole package would be here long.

Nor do I think it's a good deal. Even if they were staying its a bad deal.

I beg to differ. No GM is taking on that contract unless it's for a subsequent buyout and the Canucks give them something in addition.

The Leafs were offering two seconds for him at the deadline.

Guest Sloth

Part of this is the rumor of Miller and Vanek for Coburn/Schenn and #11

Sick rumor. I wouldn't mind a trade involving Miller/Vanek and #16 for Brayden Schenn/Voracek and #11.

@Sportsnet: BREAKING: #Flames acquire David Jones and Shane O'Brien from #Avalanche in exchange for Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich.

I guess Colorado is "going for it" with a deal like this. Don't really like Tanguay much but Sarich is built for the playoffs. Maybe this means they deal number one? Vanek, Sekera, Ott and #8 for 1st overall. (E5) No I don't think that is enough.

please not jones. barkov or drouin.

I'd be EXTREMELY happy with Barkov. I think trading all of what it will take just to add another dman would be a mistake. I think Barkov is PERFECT for what we're looking to do long-term (and short-term as I think he'll be a Calder candidate THIS year).

I guess Colorado is "going for it" with a deal like this. Don't really like Tanguay much but Sarich is built for the playoffs. Maybe this means they deal number one? Vanek, Sekera, Ott and #8 for 1st overall. (E5) No I don't think that is enough.

My first thought was Jan Hedja and Cory Sarich were two Buffalo draft picks.

Rumor on another web site...ales hemsky for drew stafford.

Rumor on another web site...ales hemsky for drew stafford.

Hemsky is a little like Leino....he can hang onto the puck for ages on a yo-yo sting at times.

I don't think this happens, but it would get Stafford off the books for two years at 4 and give Buffalo hemsky 1 year at 5.

If this happens, and the Burmistrov for Stafford deal was really on the table at the deadline only to be nixed because Darcy demanded a 2nd round pick be included.....ugh.

agreed. i hope he can still snag burmistrov since he has said he wants out.

im not sure it would either, but there is always gaustad! considering what we got for leo and robyn this year, i think if stafford becomes a more consistent scorer again this year, we should be able to get a decent return (2nd and 3rd?, two 2nds? a 1st?) at least that is wishful thinking. as for the second bolded part...i would be as well. although if someone wants to jump on it now and he can get a great return then that will be great news.

I consider Guastad an epic outlier. Otherwise, agreed. In a good year, Stafford could fetch a high-to-mid second straight up. I would be alright with that.

Doesn't Stafford's uncle work for the Oilers?

I reckon so. Is the Twitterverse a-tweeting something?

I reckon so. Is the Twitterverse a-tweeting something?

Nothing at the moment. Was just wondering if maybe Edmonton thinks Stafford would prefer playing there since he has family. I remember hearing stories about Stafford going through some serious personal issues, not sure what it was, but maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery more than we think.

Archived