Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

isn't it funny how this board was obsessing about getting 26 year old Bobby Ryan for 2 maybe 3 years and, iafter the long wait and in an instant, poof he goes to...the Sens? :doh:

There are teams that get things done and then there are the Buffalo Sabres. A 26 year old multiple 30 goal scorer with a bit of an edge to his game. That type of deal for that type of player is beyond Darcy Regier at this point. It's been 10 years since Regier has made a deal (Chris Drury) anywhere near that level.

There are teams that get things done and then there are the Buffalo Sabres. A 26 year old multiple 30 goal scorer with a bit of an edge to his game. That type of deal for that type of player is beyond Darcy Regier at this point. It's been 10 years since Regier has made a deal (Chris Drury) anywhere near that level.

And that is the reason why players like Miller, Regehr, and Vanek have decided to depart and why Ott and Cody are probably on the fence.

That's not presumptive at all. As a professional athlete you train your entire life for a 4-10 year window that you have a chance to compete for a championship.

If you are a current Sabre and you have just listened to your management say prepare to suffer

- how in the hell do you spend your summer training as hard as the guy who is coming to camp who thinks his team is competing for a cup or even a playoff spot? The only way the guys like Vanek, Miller, and other vets do it is with the hope that maybe they will soon be on a quality team.

This whole prepare to suffer deal is a joke. If we as a fanbase can't accept it how do you expect players to accept it. Kevin Porter type players accept it because they finally get to play in the NHL. Quality players are going to laugh at the thought of playing in buffalo.

You guys can spin it however you want about draft picks and prospects and all that happy face bs. I have never been more disgusted in this team. It is actually embarrassing. I won't spend $1 to support this team.

As for the 8 cups in 15 years. Yeah right!!! You won't see 8 playoff trips in 15 years. Management has already told you forget the next 2 or 3. So now your down to 8 out of 12.

That's not presumptive at all. As a professional athlete you train your entire life for a 4-10 year window that you have a chance to compete for a championship.

If you are a current Sabre and you have just listened to your management say prepare to suffer

- how in the hell do you spend your summer training as hard as the guy who is coming to camp who thinks his team is competing for a cup or even a playoff spot? The only way the guys like Vanek, Miller, and other vets do it is with the hope that maybe they will soon be on a quality team.

This whole prepare to suffer deal is a joke. If we as a fanbase can't accept it how do you expect players to accept it. Kevin Porter type players accept it because they finally get to play in the NHL. Quality players are going to laugh at the thought of playing in buffalo.

You guys can spin it however you want about draft picks and prospects and all that happy face bs. I have never been more disgusted in this team. It is actually embarrassing. I won't spend $1 to support this team.

As for the 8 cups in 15 years. Yeah right!!! You won't see 8 playoff trips in 15 years. Management has already told you forget the next 2 or 3. So now your down to 8 out of 12.

Your post sums up how I feel.

Bobby Ryan is not the player you are looking for

as for the rest, some players may stay because they feel loyalty, they believe we will compete before they retire, they get offered good contracts with no trade clauses so they have job and place security, there are other reasons to spin this but players don't just hang around for championships. If this was the case wouldn't a chunk of teams in the league be unable to ever keep anyone? That is not the case in Buffalo as players have and do resign.

I maybe more okay with the suffering because I have been saying for 2 years now we need to tank and rebuild. I think it takes a lot of balls to admit error but whatever. People want to bitch, knock yourselves out

The off-season is not the time for disgust.

I am not going waste a lot of time bemoaning an apparent decision to flush away the failed core and build a new one around young players. It was overdue.

My disgust will come only after we see the product on the ice and what Darcy does with his three big UFAs.

It will surface if I don't see progress from Hodgson, Myers, Ennis, Foligno and Weber, if Pysyk and Grigs and Girgs and Larsson and Armia don't show flashes, if none of the less-touted guys emerge, if Ott and Miller and Vanek's value is frittered away, if the players don't show the effort that has been the recent mantra.

It will surface if the crushing disappointment of this past year was not the nadir.

I do not expect to be a contender, or even to be better than the season we just finished.

I do expect to see signs. I do expect to see reasons to hope.

If they aren't there, that it is time for disgust.

Let it happen on the ice.

as for the rest, some players may stay because they feel loyalty, they believe we will compete before they retire, they get offered good contracts with no trade clauses so they have job and place security, there are other reasons to spin this but players don't just hang around for championships. If this was the case wouldn't a chunk of teams in the league be unable to ever keep anyone? That is not the case in Buffalo as players have and do resign.

I maybe more okay with the suffering because I have been saying for 2 years now we need to tank and rebuild. I think it takes a lot of balls to admit error but whatever. People want to bitch, knock yourselves out

Exactly, he has actually shown that he can produce and play in the NHL, no one wants that

The way to success is through a bunch of guys who have the potential to do what he does, but have yet to show it in the NHL, that will all magically emerge together at the same time and become a Dynasty

Exactly, he has actually shown that he can produce and play in the NHL, no one wants that

The way to success is through a bunch of guys who have the potential to do what he does, but have yet to show it in the NHL, that will all magically emerge together at the same time and become a Dynasty

Yea... this entire comment is why this place has sucked this summer, thank you for reminding me.

Actually, he is. We need young talented forwards who can play.

Yea... this entire comment is why this place has sucked this summer, thank you for reminding me.

Oh sorry, I forgot

Can someone please change my previous comment to something much more cheery that praises the amazing work Darcy and the Sabres have and are doing to not make this franchise a joke

Darcy is the genius one, while all the other GMs in the league make dumb moves that will only make their teams worse, Darcy is the only one smarter then all of them by staying away from players who have shown they can play, and instead spends his time going back to the past to bring back a guy who spent much time last season as a heathy scratch in hopes that it will help one of those high hope prospects regain his form, or maybe Tallinder is here to help teach Myers how a veteran player handles his time in the Pressbox?

I am not going waste a lot of time bemoaning an apparent decision to flush away the failed core and build a new one around young players. It was overdue.

My disgust will come only after we see the product on the ice and what Darcy does with his three big UFAs.

It will surface if I don't see progress from Hodgson, Myers, Ennis, Foligno and Weber, if Pysyk and Grigs and Girgs and Larsson and Armia don't show flashes, if none of the less-touted guys emerge, if Ott and Miller and Vanek's value is frittered away, if the players don't show the effort that has been the recent mantra.

It will surface if the crushing disappointment of this past year was not the nadir.

I do not expect to be a contender, or even to be better than the season we just finished.

Nice post. It amazes me how many people regularly thrive on negativity.

Nice post. It amazes me how many people regularly thrive on negativity.

The problem with this is when people start complaining after the face, they're going to get slapped with "well you didn't think they'd suck before hand so you really have no room to criticize Darcy, it's just hindsight being 20/20" by some posters. It's really a lose-lose...either we're being unduly negative, or we don't have a leg to stand on to criticize.

The problem with this is when people start complaining after the face, they're going to get slapped with "well you didn't think they'd suck before hand so you really have no room to criticize Darcy, it's just hindsight being 20/20" by some posters. It's really a lose-lose...either we're being unduly negative, or we don't have a leg to stand on to criticize.

There's a time and place for everything. Not every thread needs to be hijacked with the same repetitive talking points.

Archived