Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Welp.

I reckon I need to watch the replay again, and then watch the explanation (once I'm at a PC).

I may have to cop to getting this wrong and erring on the side of over-correction.

What I will say: There will be grey area galore in this brave new world. I never saw that hit as a black and white issue. I did think it would get 3-5 games, though.

It's a pretty safe bet to assume Nichushkin would be sucking like the rest of the Sabres.

With PLF and Ted in charge he'd likely be elsewhere (KHL/AHL), but he'd be at a minimum a great prospect like no other currently in the system.

And of course he scores again tonight: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2013020531-440-h

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Sabres don't have a Seguin or Benn, I'd like to see what Girgensson could do on that line.

Of his six goals, 4/5 are goals that he did most of the work for. Another was on a nice pass by Erik Cole. I don't think he's a result of Benn and Seguin at all.

Edited by DStebb

Of his six goals, 4/5 are goals that he did most of the work for. Another was on a nice pass by Erik Cole. I don't think he's a result of Benn and Seguin at all.

You're not giving them enough credit for drawing defensive coverage. Those aren't guys you can just let float. Nichushkin gets space because those two exist.

You're not giving them enough credit for drawing defensive coverage. Those aren't guys you can just let float. Nichushkin gets space because those two exist.

Sure, but he's taken two goals from the neutral zone on his own and scored. So we can put him down for playing with good players, but you can't ignore his obvious skill as a playmaker.

And Russians. And rookies. And probably Christmas cookies too.

Edit: That said, I do think there's some truth to the notion getting fired was good for him. Might have gotten him to re-evaluate some of the more stubborn aspects of his coaching.

It was time for him to move on from Buffalo. The fact that Darcy wasn't shown the door with him was ridiculous.

Yeah, Buffalo would really hate to have this guy right now - God I hate Darcy more and more every single day..

http://prohockeytalk...kie-nichushkin/

What not happy with zadorov and ristolainen? unlike edmonton we are set up for defense and goaltending for years to come.

Wich is good cause what good is it putting in 4 goals if you take 6 yourself. I like how we are set up to draft forwards for the next two years.

What not happy with zadorov and ristolainen? unlike edmonton we are set up for defense and goaltending for years to come.

Wich is good cause what good is it putting in 4 goals if you take 6 yourself. I like how we are set up to draft forwards for the next two years.

While I realize we have a bunch of goaltending prospects, I'm not sued any of them will be NHL # 1 goalies, including Enroth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.