Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Report: Islanders sold to Philadelphia lawyer: http://www.sportsnet...delphia-lawyer/

Owner Charles Wang has sold the New York Islanders to Philadelphia lawyer Andrew Barroway, according to Lou Pellegrino.

Looks like an announcement will be made after the NHL Final but it looks like Wang has sold to Barroway.

What are the odds that the Sabres try and outbid any moves by the Islanders in order to keep them on the path to suckitude?

"Oh, they offered you $4MM? We can give you $5MM." The Sabres do have more cap space.

Report: Islanders sold to Philadelphia lawyer: http://www.sportsnet...delphia-lawyer/

Damn...

Why couldn't it be after free agency

What are the odds that the Sabres try and outbid any moves by the Islanders in order to keep them on the path to suckitude?

"Oh, they offered you $4MM? We can give you $5MM." The Sabres do have more cap space.

I'd rather 1 and 10 than 6 and 7

Let us hope that Snow and Capuano remain in place.

I sincerely doubt that, anyone with half a brain would kick Garth Snow out the door the second he signs ownership documents.

That said, I said the same thing about Regier 4 years ago, and look how that turned out :wallbash:

If Gillis was still in Vancouver, I'd see Bylsma as a near certainty.

Also: Regier in LI once the sale goes through.

Ironic how the trade that was the last nail in Snow's coffin is also the 1 that lands Regier back in his old home.

Now, if he'd be nice enough to bring Ron along, then the Sabres would be pretty much locked into 2 top 5 picks next year. (1 can dream.)

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.