2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Still vacant in the middle.

I wouldn't say "vacant" but still weak there. Compher, Larsson, and Hurley all have second line potential. And Girgensons is already a Sabre so he isn't included in the chart.

Still need help, but maybe we're getting better.

whats the rule for junior players joining the ahl club once their junior season ends?

As soon as the season ends (whether playoffs or regular), they can join the AHL team for the rest of that AHL team's season.

Now imagine a few more of these drafts going in similar directions with some higher caliber picks. This is the exact reason why i am in favor of #tanknation. You become a team that can find diamonds in the rough in later rounds and you become an extremely deep and talented team in a very short period of time (relatively speaking). It's these lack of depth picks that i attribute to consistent suckitude in edmonton. Are top picks instrumental? absolutely! But what good are your 3 consecutive first round picks without a talented team around them?

This is something that I have not looked at but is an excellent point. So I promptly went back and took at look at the Oilers drafts back to 2005. There is not 1 player other than Linus Omark whose name I recognize that was not drafted in the 1st round. They have not hit on anything outside of their high end first round picks. If I was gm and this was brought to my attention I would start firing people. No wonder they are terrible, the couldn't draft depth to save their lives. Thanks for noting this, great point.

Im not sure… but i just realized reinharts bday is 11.6.1995, so baptiste is only three months older than reinhart and baptiste has nearly as many points as him, plus he's pretty much doubled his points total from last season. Thats an incredible improvement. In a redraft Baptiste has to be a surefire 1st rounder at this point

This is what I was getting at earlier this year in the draft thread. Some of these guys are just young enough where they become undervalued in their draft year. Jake Virtanen is a great example for this years draft, born just 1 month before the cut off yet he has 71pts in 71 games. Imagine how this kid could look this upcoming year. Baptiste is just 3 months younger than Reinhart, it is just something to consider. I good scouting staff can see this and predict out. It currently appears that the Sabres have good scouts working for them. Time will tell but I am very excited thus far.

I'm told that at a recent president's reception for a group of STHs, TB got up in front of the group and, without a question to prompt him, remarked that it was an open question whether the organization would need to flush Grigorenko down the toilet, or words to that effect. TB did then observe that Grigorensko was performing at a high level in juniors, and so there remained hope for him.

But the words "flush" and "toilet" were definitely used, is what I heard.

I wish that guy would talk less.

I'm told that at a recent president's reception for a group of STHs, TB got up in front of the group and, without a question to prompt him, remarked that it was an open question whether the organization would need to flush Grigorenko down the toilet, or words to that effect. TB did then observe that Grigorensko was performing at a high level in juniors, and so there remained hope for him.

But the words "flush" and "toilet" were definitely used, is what I heard.

I wish that guy would talk less.

This just gets better and better.

First he announces that the Sabres will not be competing for a playoff spot next year and now this.

The Sabres would be smart to have no one talk to anyone, except for Nolan.

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT - 3/17/14

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

The regular season schedules are all but wrapped up for CHL and NCAA prospects, setting up a full load of postseason action starting this Thursday.

OHL

Nicholas Baptiste (2013, third round) notched five points in two games last week, including a two-goal performance Saturday as Sudbury lost 7-4 in Belleville. Baptiste, who sat out the Wolves’ Sunday finale, finished the regular season with 45 goals and 89 points, including 26 goals in 29 games since Jan. 1. Sudbury will take on Barrie in the opening round of the Eastern Conference playoffs beginning Thursday.

Baptiste hurdled Hurley and Bailey to finish 8th on the Sabres prospect list in this year's edition of the Hockey News Future Watch.

Others in the top 10 were:

1) Risto

2) Zads

3) Grigorenko

4) Armia

5) McCabe

6) Larsson

7) Compher

9) Possler

10) McNabb

Pysyk was considered an NHLer.

Risto was named the seventh-best prospect outside the NHL in a poll of scouts. Zadorov was eighth and Grigorenko 45th.

Drouin was number one, followed by John Gibson.

Anaheim had the top prospect list in a ranking that included NHLers 21 and under. Buffalo was 6th.

Carrier was considered the Blues 8th-best prospect, Fasching the Kings 3rd best (and 65th overall).

Deslauriers was not ranked.

Wolverines’ Compher named B1G freshman of the year

2013-14 All-Big Ten Hockey Team

McCabe: First Team

Compher: Second Team

Fasching: Honorable Mention

All-Freshman Team

Compher/Fasching

Freshman of the Year

Compher

@umichhockey

"It's nice to be honored, but I didn't really come here for individual awards. I think my teammates have a lot to do with it." -Compher

Bi9F7mbCIAIgxOF.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Spot on. My initial impression of him was very favorable. Over the course of time, I've concluded he's mostly full of sh!t and is half as clever as he thinks he is.

It goes to show that many of these executives got to where they are more on luck or right place right time rather than smarts. He may be right in his assessment of Grigs but everyone knows this is just poor judgement in making these thoughts public. What about his value to the organization in a trade ? Talk about lessening an assets value. Doh !

Wolverines’ Compher named B1G freshman of the year

2013-14 All-Big Ten Hockey Team

McCabe: First Team

Compher: Second Team

Fasching: Honorable Mention

All-Freshman Team

Compher/Fasching

Freshman of the Year

Compher

@umichhockey

"It's nice to be honored, but I didn't really come here for individual awards. I think my teammates have a lot to do with it." -Compher

Bi9F7mbCIAIgxOF.jpg

Sweet, I liked the trade when Sekera was moved out and one of the good things Regier did before he left was target him in the second round. Good kid with a lot of hockey sense. Keep doing your thing JT.

@BrownRecord

@BuffaloSabres pick Justin Bailey named MVP of the Kitchener Rangers. Rest of award winners: http://bit.ly/IE4Eie

#ohl

Didn't he miss something like 15-17 games, and still wins the teams MVP. lol

@andystrickland

Lost in the Ryan Miller trade is prospect William Carrier...scout tells me don't be surprised if he's on the #Sabres 3rd line next yr.

I doubt that. Next year is year two and hopefully the final year of the tank before we assemble a quality team. It will probably be another year of letting all our prospects grow in their respected league.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I doubt that. Next year is year two and hopefully the final year of the tank before we assemble a quality team. It will probably be another year of letting all our prospects grow in their respected league.

He'll more likely be an Amerk for at least next season.