2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Skill and depth on display in Buffalo Sabres prospect awards

If the decline of the Buffalo Sabres had to reach its darkest depths before progressing upwards, the 2013-14 season was certainly the franchise's lowest point. At various points throughout the season, the team was in a state of flux, either in the front office, behind the bench, or on the ice.

For anyone who's interested -- there's a pretty good couple of podcasts on the WGR audio vault with Kris Baker going over how the kids in Rochester did in the playoffs. I got around to listening to them over the weekend. FWIW, Baker spoke pretty highly of Grigorenko's game and is still reasonably optimistic about Armia.

For anyone who's interested -- there's a pretty good couple of podcasts on the WGR audio vault with Kris Baker going over how the kids in Rochester did in the playoffs. I got around to listening to them over the weekend. FWIW, Baker spoke pretty highly of Grigorenko's game and is still reasonably optimistic about Armia.

I see that Grigorenko turned 20 this past week. I couldn't help but thing that this is the guy so many are ready to write off already, a kid that just turned 20? There's so much time left for this kid to get on the right track. They wasted a couple contract years, but there's plenty left for him. If nothing else, we'll get a much cheaper 2nd contract than if he was just starting at year 1 right now.

I see that Grigorenko turned 20 this past week. I couldn't help but thing that this is the guy so many are ready to write off already, a kid that just turned 20? There's so much time left for this kid to get on the right track. They wasted a couple contract years, but there's plenty left for him. If nothing else, we'll get a much cheaper 2nd contract than if he was just starting at year 1 right now.

In football that's a redshirted college sophomore.

early days.

Burning his entry level contract, however, was a huge organizational mistake.

early days.

Agreed. Grigorenko needs another year if not 2 in Rochester. He was a 12th overall so we should have expected his development to take time. DR screwed up our mind set on him.

early days.

And a direct consequence of having only one center to start the 2013-2013 season.