2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Translation needed:

@ScottyMCSS

The Impact of Grigorenko: http://tvasports.ca/...renko-8032014 …

Team and player improving. Grigs producing at an "alarming rate." #Sabres

The Quebec Remparts have slightly improved their stride since Mikhail Grigorenko returned to the QMJHL.

Demoted by the Buffalo Sabres in mid-January , Grigorenko began producing at a rate that is expected of him in junior, an alarming rate. Choosing Sabres first round of the NHL draft in 2012 scored 14 goals and 19 assists for 33 points in 19 games with the Remparts. Meanwhile, the formation of the Old Capital showed a record of 12-4-3. That's better, proportionately the total file Remparts this season (37-16-11). phenomenon is normal: Russian ace is a third-year player in the QMJHL and maintains the rhythm of his best junior career with 1.73 points per game. Grigorenko's return to the QMJHL obviously did not like the CEOs of the other teams, given the impact of the show in an effective. With 85 points in four games the end of the season, the Remparts are third in the East Division, led by the Baie-Comeau, leader of the overall standings with 94 points.

I assume the translation is a bit off and the last blue part should read something like,. obviously the CEO's (of the other teams) did not like Grigorenko's return.

Edited by weave

The Quebec Remparts have slightly improved their stride since Mikhail Grigorenko returned to the QMJHL.

Demoted by the Buffalo Sabres in mid-January , Grigorenko began producing at a rate that is expected of him in junior, an alarming rate. Choosing Sabres first round of the NHL draft in 2012 scored 14 goals and 19 assists for 33 points in 19 games with the Remparts. Meanwhile, the formation of the Old Capital showed a record of 12-4-3. That's better, proportionately the total file Remparts this season (37-16-11). phenomenon is normal: Russian ace is a third-year player in the QMJHL and maintains the rhythm of his best junior career with 1.73 points per game. Grigorenko's return to the QMJHL obviously did not like the CEOs of the other teams, given the impact of the show in an effective. With 85 points in four games the end of the season, the Remparts are third in the East Division, led by the Baie-Comeau, leader of the overall standings with 94 points.

Thanks weave. :thumbsup:

Reminder - Prospects - College - TV - Saturday, March 8.

New Sabres Prospect Hudson Fasching (along with Christian Isackson) and University of Minnesota - at Ohio State - LIVE - 6:30 pm ET - ESPNNews/WatchESPN.com

JT Compher and Michigan - at Michigan State - LIVE - 7:30 pm ET - Fox Sports Detroit/Fox College Sports Atlantic.

Did anyone watch these guys last night?

I caught the third period of the Minnesota-Ohio State game (didn't even realize I got that channel until I was flipping around). I noticed Fashing on the ice a lot but he didn't do any "future star" things. They did put him out there to kill a penalty at one point so that bodes well for his "two-way player" cred. Unfortunately, he was also on the ice when Ohio State tied the game 2-2 late in the 3rd period -- the play wasn't his fault but his line was out there.

Anyways, it was just one period. I guess it's pretty impressive that he's on the no.1 line of the no.1 ranked team in the country as a freshman.

I caught the third period of the Minnesota-Ohio State game (didn't even realize I got that channel until I was flipping around). I noticed Fashing on the ice a lot but he didn't do any "future star" things. They did put him out there to kill a penalty at one point so that bodes well for his "two-way player" cred. Unfortunately, he was also on the ice when Ohio State tied the game 2-2 late in the 3rd period -- the play wasn't his fault but his line was out there.

Anyways, it was just one period. I guess it's pretty impressive that he's on the no.1 line of the no.1 ranked team in the country as a freshman.

I watched some of the MIN-OSU game too. Fasching was directly involved in the 1st Goper goal with a great screen on the goal tender. Also saw him take a neutral zone tripping penalty. He looks good out there with his all around play and physical presence.

I watched some of the MIN-OSU game too. Fasching was directly involved in the 1st Goper goal with a great screen on the goal tender. Also saw him take a neutral zone tripping penalty. He looks good out there with his all around play and physical presence.

I noticed that Rau had the first MIN goal but that Fasching wasn't credited with an assist. I was hoping he was indirectly involved in some way. (Guys like Vanek and Foligno often help score goals that they never receive a point for just by going to the net and/or screening the goalie.)

Edited by Robviously

Did anyone watch these guys last night?

Fasching didn't score, but was in front of the goalie when Minnesota scored on an early power play. He took an unnecessary tripping penalty, but also showed some good outside speed in the third period. He gathered momentum, took the puck wide a couple times and had a nice pass, then a pseudo-wraparound. He's a young player in a physical conference and he didn't overpower anyone that I could see. The college route will give him plenty of time to get polished. The announcers talked him up a little. As a freshman he is being leaned on by the number one team in the nation, he is putting up sexy numbers on the year, but he didn't do anything flashy in this single viewing.

They had that playing at the bars for a little bit last night which was pretty awesome actually. I caught the first period but then got caught up in bar things :unsure:

Fasching didn't score, but was in front of the goalie when Minnesota scored on an early power play. He took an unnecessary tripping penalty, but also showed some good outside speed in the third period. He gathered momentum, took the puck wide a couple times and had a nice pass, then a pseudo-wraparound. He's a young player in a physical conference and he didn't overpower anyone that I could see. The college route will give him plenty of time to get polished. The announcers talked him up a little. As a freshman he is being leaned on by the number one team in the nation, he is putting up sexy numbers on the year, but he didn't do anything flashy in this single viewing.

This board is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to hockey obsession. Well done, everyone.

@SabresProspects

Nick Baptiste gets goal #43 on the PP. That's 11 goals in his last 11 games. Sudbury trails North Bay 2-1.

@SabresProspects

Baptiste has 43rd goal in 63rd game. Tyler Ennis scored 43 in 61 games in 2008-09. Derek Roy scored 43 in 62 games in 2001-02.

Whomever did the scouting on Baptiste deserves a gold star.

Whomever did the scouting on Baptiste deserves a gold star.

This is what FC had to say about him last year before the 2013 draft:

SCOUTING REPORT: Baptiste is a hard charging, complementary, power winger with a powerful stride but is not overly fast straight line but is balanced and hard to knock off the puck. He also shows some smarts with his positioning and knowing where to be and when to get there. He is a solid puck handler, but does not possess the elite quickness to really dangle. Most of his offensive chances come within eight-to-10 feet of the net as it is most natural for him to shoot and drive the net rather than look for a passing play.

However with that said, he can hit his mark when he does decide to dish the puck off the rush. He’s a strong forechecker who can really rattle defenders with his pressure or by delivering a bone crushing check. He plays with good defensive minded positioning, utilizes his size, reach and shows an understanding and willingness to get his frame into shooting and passing lanes. When he brings his aggressive physical game he can be more than a handful for his opponents. When he starts throwing his weight around he causes the opposition to become distracted.

Consistency in the physical game will need to be improved for Baptiste. He’s also not blessed with loads of hockey sense, but turned it on halfway through the year and really finished strong including a solid performance at the U18’s.

NHL POTENTIAL: Top 9 Two-Way Winger

ISS on Baptiste before the 2013 draft:

Nick Baptiste - This kid is an athlete with tremendous compete and a great personality. He is a diamond in the rough and is going to be a very effective power forward for years to come. His play at U18s this year was tremendous and his consistent efforts seemed to wake some of the other sleeping giants on Canada's squad. This is a kid who would do wonders for a lot of organizations.

48. NICK BAPTISTE

Sudbury – OHL

Position: RW

Born: Aug 4/95

Height: 6.00.7 Weight: 189

Report Card

Size/Strength Good

Skating Excellent

Puck Skills Very Good

Shot Good

Offensive Play Very Good

Defensive Play Average

Physical Play Good

Competitiveness Excellent

Hockey Sense Very Good

Strengths

1. Relentless motor

2. Great overall skating

3. Developing defensive tools

Weaknesses:

1. Continual development in defensive instincts/awareness

2. Needs to bulk up

Skill: Slick puck carrier with flashy skill on the puck. High tempo offensive pace

Scouting Report:

Baptiste plays the game at a high tempo and has a relentless offensive motor. Possesses dynamic hands to match his quick outside speed in order to get a jump on the opposition defenders. Has great puck presence and the ability to burn opposition defenders while having the vision to find his teammates in the offensive zone. His defensive awareness and instincts have come a long way and are a work in

progress, has the tendency to commit early out of the defensive zone. It is evident in his intensity and work ethic that Nick has a passion for the game and development hasn’t stopped as he continues to improve.

NHL Potential:

2nd-3rd line winger while adding excellent secondary scoring.

Style compares to: Brenden Morrow

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT - 3/10/14

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

QMJHL

Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, first round) had a goal and three assists Friday to lead Quebec to a 7-2 shellacking of Shawinigan. Grigorenko, who on Sunday posted two assists as the Remparts cruised to a 6-1 victory over Sherbrooke, has recorded 12 points in four March tilts to elevate his season line to 14-21-35 through 20 games. Winners of seven of their last 10 games, the Remparts currently sit sixth overall in the league standings with three regular season dates remaining.

William Carrier (2013, second round-STL) struck twice Friday to guide Drummondville to a 2-1 victory over Sherbrooke. On Sunday, Carrier finished with six shots on goals and his first fighting major of the year in the Voltigeurs 3-2 win triumph over Victoriaville. Carrier has amassed 20 goals, including six game winners, and 61 points with just two games left on the schedule. The Voltigeurs are currently in seventh place in the QMJHL standings, one point behind Grigorenko’s Remparts.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres' prospect pool ranked No. 1 in the @NHL, post-trade deadline, by columnist @JonathanWillis - http://bit.ly/1nC9Zqd

Tank 2015 should do it folks. One more year!!!

Overall: There's a blend of top-end skill and depth here that almost nobody in the league can compete with, and given the haul of draft picks new general manager Tim Murray added at the deadline the rich are about to get richer.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres' prospect pool ranked No. 1 in the @NHL, post-trade deadline, by columnist @JonathanWillis - http://bit.ly/1nC9Zqd

It's tough to think of our system as no.1 when we don't have any blue chips up front.

How would other systems be ranked if the 18 and 19 year olds they already have in the NHL were included?

The Sabres have a ton to like; they just need some kingpins to put on the first line.

It's tough to think of our system as no.1 when we don't have any blue chips up front.

How would other systems be ranked if the 18 and 19 year olds they already have in the NHL were included?

The Sabres have a ton to like; they just need some kingpins to put on the first line.

Not sure, but he didn't count Zemgus Girgensons to the Sabres, i gotta think Girgensons would be pretty high up on top prospects list if he was eligible.

Not sure, but he didn't count Zemgus Girgensons to the Sabres, i gotta think Girgensons would be pretty high up on top prospects list if he was eligible.

I don't think Girgensons is looked at as a top prospect by many people. He's just exactly what buffalo needs, but he's not an outstanding prospect.