2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Much has happened since I last visited. Miller, Ottawa, Moulson all gone. Good, we can now all fully embrace the Yank and subsequent rebuild conversations without all of this it can be done in a couple years nonsense. And that convo should be led by our prospects and future picks. Some decent additions in those catagories, thoughts on potentail moves at the up coming draft for prospects?

I don't think Girgensons is looked at as a top prospect by many people. He's just exactly what buffalo needs, but he's not an outstanding prospect.

Just because we're Buffalo doesn't mean everything we have sucks. Girgensons is viewed very highly throughout the league. Many "experts" said that leading up to the trade deadline when talking about our "untouchables" and for the most part they were all quoting GMs or scouts around the league.

Just because we're Buffalo doesn't mean everything we have sucks. Girgensons is viewed very highly throughout the league. Many "experts" said that leading up to the trade deadline when talking about our "untouchables" and for the most part they were all quoting GMs or scouts around the league.

Didn't say he sucks. I love Girgensons. "Untouchable" doesn't mean great. He's a solid prospect. But I don't think many would consider him an "elite" prospect.

Didn't say he sucks. I love Girgensons. "Untouchable" doesn't mean great. He's a solid prospect. But I don't think many would consider him an "elite" prospect.

Initially, like a handful of posts up, you referred to him as not being a "top prospect". That's different than calling him not an "elite prospect" as you did here. Don't move the goal posts to win the game. Girgensons is definitely a top prospect, in fact, he is so at the top of the Sabres prospect ranks he played with the big boys all season.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Initially, like a handful of posts up, you referred to him as not being a "top prospect". That's different than calling him not an "elite prospect" as you did here. Don't move the goal posts to win the game. Girgensons is definitely a top prospect, in fact, he is so at the top of the Sabres prospect ranks he played with the big boys all season.

Well I think top prospect and elite prospect are one in the same when talking about the entire league. I think he's a top prospect for us, but not a top or elite prospect league-wide.

Semantics aside, Girgs potential doesn't land him on a top line in the NHL. He just doesn't have the hands. He'll be a solid energy and third line guy for 15 years who can occasionally slide onto a scoring line.

Semantics aside, Girgs potential doesn't land him on a top line in the NHL. He just doesn't have the hands. He'll be a solid energy and third line guy for 15 years who can occasionally slide onto a scoring line.

Yup the same spot i see conacher take on a good team.

Wolves forward Nicholas Baptiste revels in being a difference-maker:

Baptiste hits the ice with purpose and passion. He explodes to full speed within a few strides and it is frightening for opposing defenders to deal with. Baptiste uses his energy and speed to exploit teams. His energy is impossible to control. It can only be contained, and that in itself is a tough task for any player in the league regardless of their experience.

Baptiste has learned to use his intense energy to drive through checks and also dish out crushing hits, blow by defencemen to create a scoring chance or goal, make nifty tape-to-tape passes and generally disrupt opponents’ game plans. He also feeds off the energy from crowds and engages them after goals by pumping his arms in the air and looking directly at the fans.

“He has taken his game to another level,” North American Central Scouting chief scout Mark Seidel said. “He has shown the ability to finish. He has game-breaking speed and, because of that, it makes it tough for opposing defencemen and goalies to handle. His game is more complete and he is a good NHL candidate.”

Since January, Baptiste has 23 goals and 39 points in 27 games.

“There is no doubt Nick has been our best forward,” Sudbury president and GM Blaine Smith said. “He continues to be our go-to-guy. A lot of our success hinges on his ability to perform. His determination stands out. He hates to lose and he cares about his team.”

Get well soon... isn't the front office saga enough for you?

Thank you, its been quite a battle...thankfully it seems it is nothing serious, but I still have some tests to do...hoping no surgery will be required.

Between the Sabres, Bills and Syracuse...NHL deadline and NFL free agency, my health takes quite a hit this time of year. lol.

I caught the last two periods and was pretty impressed with Hudson Fasching. Looked solid and isn't afraid to drive the net. I never saw or heard Comphers name.

Apparently Armia got slashed and is missing the game tonight. That's twice this year he's been slashed, he just came back from a broken wrist or hand. I'm frickin pissed!!! In the preseason game he was lookin really good and recently he's been playing well again. Hope it's not another long term injury, sad.

@SabresProspects

Add another goal for William Carrier, now has 2+1 as the Voltigeurs lead R-N 4-1 end 2nd. Carrier 22-42-64 in 65th game, five goals/last 5gp

@SabresProspects

Justin Kea (#3 star) gets two goals and a fighting major as Saginaw falls to Sault Ste. Marie 6-5. Kea: 56gp 21-26-47, +13, 97 PIM

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Apparently Armia got slashed and is missing the game tonight. That's twice this year he's been slashed, he just came back from a broken wrist or hand. I'm frickin pissed!!! In the preseason game he was lookin really good and recently he's been playing well again. Hope it's not another long term injury, sad.

Amerks finally went out and signed a goon to protect the kids. Too little too late. Hard to blame GMTM as he inherited this mess but wish he would have done something sooner.

Power Forward Move to the net to draw the primary assist to the game winning PPG.

It was a fun game to watch.

I noticed Fasching a lot. He's not afraid to charge the net or stand in front.

I didn't see Compher out there as much. I did like that he was involved in some scrubs after the whistle.

It's tough to think of our system as no.1 when we don't have any blue chips up front.

How would other systems be ranked if the 18 and 19 year olds they already have in the NHL were included?

The Sabres have a ton to like; they just need some kingpins to put on the first line.

This is the biggest concern with our lot of potentials. We seem to have many possible 2nd line players and definitely 3rd line players but we don't seem to have those players that are truly talented and can be considered 1st line talent. This is why the tank is so important this year and next. Hoping that we finish dead last again next year we will two picks in the top two plus whatever the Isles pick becomes. And just maybe Murray can turn another player, Myers/Ehroff/etc. into a 1st at this years draft. Maybe we can turn these picks into possible 1st line players.