Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Except when Suggs makes contact EJ isn't all the way down. What if he was faking a knee only to get up and run for a first? It was a silly ploy by the Bills. Just run the damn ball 3 straight times, it would have done the task without all the gimmickry.

It was a silly ploy, but with our luck we would've fumbled one of of those runs.

Better than the Patriots?

These Ravens are but a shell of the SuperBowl champs.

Meh. If you ask me, those Ravens were a bit of a fluke last year anyway. Not saying they weren't a good team, but I think they were the perfect example of getting hot at the right time. It seemed like every 50/50 ball Flacco threw ended up being caught for a huge gain.

Better than the Patriots?

These Ravens are but a shell of the SuperBowl champs.

For me yes.. That shows how much I dislike these Ravens.

My hate level has changed over the years, currently it is

1. Ravens

2. Pats

That's it.

Edited by wjag

For me yes.. That shows how much I dislike these Ravens.

My hate least has changed over the years, currently it is

1. Ravens

2. Pats

That's it.

Well I guess when you live enemy territory, the sentiment is understood. It's the same way for me and the Yankees. The proximity to so many one sided obnoxious pricks can alter your feelings.

Well I guess when you live enemy territory, the sentiment is understood. It's the same way for me and the Yankees. The proximity to so many one sided obnoxious pricks can alter your feelings.

Completely agree. Although I take exception to the Yankees comment. I find d myself hating the Phillies now. When compared to when I lived in NY I never even thought about them.

Completely agree. Although I take exception to the Yankees comment. I find d myself hating the Phillies now. When compared to when I lived in NY I never even thought about them.

I'm not sure why yo take exception. Every fan base has its share of unbearable fans. I wasn't referring to you specifically. Most Bills and Sabres fans I meet are obnoxious pricks, it goes with the territory. LITERALLY!

Great day at RWS today. The D showed a ton of heart. And I think EJ might be the One. It would be nice if Stevie helped him out on 3rd down though.

I'm far from being back in with this franchise, but a QB is a good place to start.

I'm not sold on EJ yet. You want Stevie to help him out, how about be throw a few more passes somewhere other than 3 yards behind every receiver.

I'm not sure why yo take exception. Every fan base has its share of unbearable fans. I wasn't referring to you specifically. Most Bills and Sabres fans I meet are obnoxious pricks, it goes with the territory. LITERALLY!

I'm not sold on EJ yet. You want Stevie to help him out, how about be throw a few more passes somewhere other than 3 yards behind every receiver.

Tongue in cheek-Im a Yankees fan(thank god! It's hard to survive 28 years on 0 championships)

Edit: I do have the Orange in 03 as well....but that is it! Nothing but misery besides the yanks x5 and the 'Cuse

Edited by ubkev

It's more than that. much more.

Baltimore was in the expansion derby. They had by far the best package. The NFL with Art Modell on the selection committee bypassed Baltimore and gave teams to Charlotte and Jax. Jax is a disaster.

Then Art Modell moved his team to Baltimore to take advantage of a plum deal. One the NFL should have taken. Cleveland was supporting their team. He used the ruse that Cleveland would not build him a new stadium.

I think the Ravens (as great a franchise as they are) represent all that is wrong in professional sports and holding cities hostage.

If Baltimore had gotten their team the legitimate way, I would probably be a fan. But I detest what they represent, greed.

Edited by wjag

Great day at RWS today. The D showed a ton of heart. And I think EJ might be the One. It would be nice if Stevie helped him out on 3rd down though.

I'm far from being back in with this franchise, but a QB is a good place to start.

I wonder how much credit can be given to the new staff, especially the defensive side. Our patchwork D just continued to perform for absolutely no reason.

Four games in and it actually looks like we have a defence.

Can't wait to see what we can do with a a healthy secondary.

EJ's inability to find a groove with Stevie is going to bubble over at some point this year.

But Robert Woods is going to be a great player for long time for us and I really can see he and Manuel developing into a Kelly-Reed combo once EJ completes his learning curve.

Bills are going to be a roller coaster all season, but they have been exciting and seem to have a good base of young talent.

I think better days are finally on their way.

The Bills have always had a knack for winning a couple of games a year against teams they really had no chance of winning. Their problem has always been winning the games they should have won. I'm optimistic, but I won't be convinced until they start doing this. They should have beaten the Jets last week, and they should win against Cleveland.

Sorry, I just gotta post this. One of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtW8RkI3-c4

It's more than that. much more.

Baltimore was in the expansion derby. They had by far the best package. The NFL with Art Modell on the selection committee bypassed Baltimore and gave teams to Charlotte and Jax. Jax is a disaster.

Then Art Modell moved his team to Baltimore to take advantage of a plum deal. One the NFL should have taken. Cleveland was supporting their team. He used the ruse that Cleveland would not build him a new stadium.

I think the Ravens (as great a franchise as they are) represent all that is wrong in professional sports and holding cities hostage.

Modell would not have been able to relocate the Browns to Baltimore if the Irsays had not snuck the Colts out of town with their own sweetheart deal with Indianapolis some years before. There's plenty of greed to go around.There have been plenty of other NFL teams that have moved for basically the same reason: Raiders from Oakland --> LA --> Oakland, Cardinals from Chicago to St. Louis to Arizona, Rams from LA to St. Louis. I don't like it any more than you do, but it is an unfortunate fact of life in pro sports these days.

I wonder how much credit can be given to the new staff, especially the defensive side. Our patchwork D just continued to perform for absolutely no reason.

Well, this might be a little generous. The Jets manhandled the Bills' defense just a week ago.

I will say that Dareus and Aaron Williams each had the best game I've ever seen from either of them.

Modell would not have been able to relocate the Browns to Baltimore if the Irsays had not snuck the Colts out of town with their own sweetheart deal with Indianapolis some years before. There's plenty of greed to go around.There have been plenty of other NFL teams that have moved for basically the same reason: Raiders from Oakland --> LA --> Oakland, Cardinals from Chicago to St. Louis to Arizona, Rams from LA to St. Louis. I don't like it any more than you do, but it is an unfortunate fact of life in pro sports these days.

Yeah I get all that. But what Modell did was far, far worse. He deliberately steared the NFL away from Baltimore so he could go in and take a sweetheart deal. And the good people of Baltimore didn't give a rats behind that they were stealing Cleveland's team. They all said, it happened to us, so we're going to steal some else's team. Then the State gave Modell truckloads of incentives to relocate here. It was immoral and no one in Maryland cared; poor Cleveland, too bad, so sad. The only resistance the greedy NFL owners put up was to ban him from taking the name and the colors. It was so reprehensible what Modell did that the NFL went and backfilled Cleveland with a team, their name and colors.

I get it's a business. I really do. But I draw a distinction between this move and others based on Modell's deliberate collusion of the expansion process.

Well, this might be a little generous. The Jets manhandled the Bills' defense just a week ago.

I will say that Dareus and Aaron Williams each had the best game I've ever seen from either of them.

And then the Jets got it handed to them in Tennessee. Geno looked like a Pro two weeks ago and a rookie, on the road, yesterday.

I will say that the secondary made a bunch of plays yesterday, none bigger than the end zone INT.

I haven't gone to the Bills board to see if the 4th down call in the 2nd qtr (I think) was discussed. I suspect it is. The one where they went for it on 4th and picked up the first, eschewing the 3 points. The refs called a holding penalty and the Bills then punted. I thought those 3 points were going to kill the Bills. I said it at the time, They almost did. Pretty gutsy call by the Rookie coach.

I actually like the Bills today. The thing about young fellas when they get their egos bruised....they usually have enough energy to work overtime to turn it around. Hackett is getting ripped and rightfully so. Dollars to doughnuts he's been up 20 hours a day with a few cases of RedBull in order to prove everyone wrong. While I don't know what is in store long term, I can see him overcompensating today in order to gain back or just gain some respect.

By the way, this was a nice call.

So much respect for what Pettine is getting out of our depleted defense.

Meh. If you ask me, those Ravens were a bit of a fluke last year anyway. Not saying they weren't a good team, but I think they were the perfect example of getting hot at the right time. It seemed like every 50/50 ball Flacco threw ended up being caught for a huge gain.

I hope the Indians can carry the same hot-at-the-right-time luck to a World Series title :thumbsup:

and they should win against Cleveland.

The same Cleveland that is tied for their division lead and, unlike Buffalo, actually on a winning streak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.