Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Fitz is a good backup. He may be able to keep the Titans at .500 until Locker's back.

He's def not the worst QB out there, but those 3 teams right off the bat just can't bode well. I still have a glimmer of hope of a wild card so I want him to win against KC and lose against the NFC teams

It was nice seeing the dolphins get whipped last night, too bad we started 0-2 in the division.

Although I think KC is overrated, they're pretty clearly not the Chiefs of the past couple years. And Fitz is on an entirely different team. Not sure his past performance against KC means anything.

They had six Pro Bowlers last year. Their pass defense was #12 and #6 the last two years. The biggest difference with this team is having a real coach now.

Bob Mathews, long time sports caster on WHAM1180 in Rochester, has been very critical of Buddy Nix's leaping onto the EJ Manuel bandwagon since the day of the draft. I'd say that Bob's early and continuing criticisms remain spot-on. Even in victory on Sunday, Manuel's passer rating was a BRUTAL 48! I saw the game - he made JP Losman look poised and confident in comparison.

Yeah he's a rookie, but there are other rookie QBs this year who look better already. The team won in spite of being handicapped by EJ Manuel. The bad news - Spiller is out, and Freddie Jackson looked hurt as well - those guys aren't going to survive the season taking up the slack on the ground for Manuel and the lack of effective passing offense.

Rumor has it that there is a Bills game tonight.

Not your same old Cleveland...

I hate Thursday games so much. Since they started has there been more than like 2 of them? 4 days just isn't enough time to game plan and for players to recover. Win or lose I expect a pretty awful game.

Bob Mathews, long time sports caster on WHAM1180 in Rochester, has been very critical of Buddy Nix's leaping onto the EJ Manuel bandwagon since the day of the draft. I'd say that Bob's early and continuing criticisms remain spot-on. Even in victory on Sunday, Manuel's passer rating was a BRUTAL 48! I saw the game - he made JP Losman look poised and confident in comparison.

Yeah he's a rookie, but there are other rookie QBs this year who look better already. The team won in spite of being handicapped by EJ Manuel. The bad news - Spiller is out, and Freddie Jackson looked hurt as well - those guys aren't going to survive the season taking up the slack on the ground for Manuel and the lack of effective passing offense.

What rookie has looked consistently better?

A rookie QB beats the defending superbowl champs (the defense had 5 picks, Flacco had the worst day of his career, yadda yadda), and you're complaining about his passer rating? Do you blame EJ for Scotty not getting his left foot down and the refs taking away his touchdown? EJ is making plenty of rookie mistakes, but at the same time he's showing flashes of franchise QB. Look at Peyton's rookie numbers if you wanna feel better.

Bob Matthews is a pinhead. Probably the worst sports writer/talk host in the nation.

Like who? If we're using passer rating as an indicator of success he's much better than Geno, the only other rookie QB to be a full time starter this year.

Bob Matthews is a pinhead. Probably the worst sports writer/talk host in the nation.

Absolutely agree with the 1st sentence. Unfortunately, your 2nd isn't close to correct. He's bad but there are faaar worse ones out there.

Though betting AGAINST his 'best bet' truly was the best bet. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.