Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

well, he did draw that critical holding call on 3rd and long that forced the Pats to punt.

post-760-0-67821300-1378737198_thumb.jpg

oh, wait.

AudSmell, you know I luv ya, but the whole "the refs screwed us" is a loser's lament that drives me crazy. The refs had nothing to do with the Bills losing that game.

AudSmell, you know I luv ya, but the whole "the refs screwed us" is a loser's lament that drives me crazy. The refs had nothing to do with the Bills losing that game.

Oh, true, true. I'm not saying we lost because of that play, or that we lost because of the refs. I'm just saying it was the one time that Mario "made a play" and his effort wasn't duly rewarded with a 10-yard penalty.

It appears that this year's ouchie wrist is ouchy feet. He did precious little to make me think he's going to have a bounce-back year.

You want to talk Chet and Muffy? First Niagara has absolutely nothing on the Jim Kelly Club. I know 13 years of irrelevance can breed apathy, but why even go to the game to just sit on your hands the whole time?

Maybe they want to go to the game so that they can watch it? I'm a bit sick of the idea that the quiet fan is somehow less of a fan than the loud one. I know I'm one who doesn't need to make constant sound at any game (hockey, football, or baseball) just because I'm there. I'm happy to be there and actually watch, essentially ignoring most of what happens in the stands. To each his own.

Maybe they want to go to the game so that they can watch it? I'm a bit sick of the idea that the quiet fan is somehow less of a fan than the loud one. I know I'm one who doesn't need to make constant sound at any game (hockey, football, or baseball) just because I'm there. I'm happy to be there and actually watch, essentially ignoring most of what happens in the stands. To each his own.

So, do you prefer Chet or Chester?

The problem isn't the passively quiet fan, it's the actively quiet fan. The ones that go out of their way to look at louder fans like they're somehow ruining the experience for them. Those are the ones I hate.

I'm not talking about the standing up vs. sitting down argument, I'm squarely in the camp of that you sit down if the people behind you request that you do so. You know there's a reason why they put the 12th man up on the wall at one point. The impact of noise on the other teams ability to execute their offense effectively is unquestionable. Based on what I see (and don't hear anymore) they might as well just take the 12th man down. And you're not less of a fan, just a less effective one.

i think that the panthers will pose some problems for us. newton is a special talent, obviously - although the offense was reportedly out of sync on opening day.

it's their defense that worries me. that's a stout front 7 they have. and that young MLB (BC represent!) is a helluva baller.

Kuechly-GIF.gif

I haven't had that "we got this" feeling about a Bills game since the 90's.

I know what you mean... for the first time in years I thought that there is a team that is acting instead of reacting. Looked like team and coach have the same understanding of how to play the game. Was promising.

i think that the panthers will pose some problems for us. newton is a special talent, obviously - although the offense was reportedly out of sync on opening day.

it's their defense that worries me. that's a stout front 7 they have. and that young MLB (BC represent!) is a helluva baller.

Kuechly-GIF.gif

Fullback completely missed him there.

Fullback completely missed him there.

quite true. but that's no slouch of a FB that missed him.

my biggest concern is whether (and when) we will see CJ return to form. he looked to be a step or more slow against the patriots. he's reportedly fine physically, which does lead to the logical inference that the awful circumstances involving his late (step)grandfather are weighing on him. totally understandable.

that would make for the second straight year that a young star on the team has had his work on the field affected by a shooting death (or deaths) in his family.

Carolina is a winnable game. If the Bills played that decent against the Pats, no reason that they can't take this one.

Better play from CJ, and better clock management by the coaches should do the trick.

until such time as the bills prove the following statement wrong I won't think of any game as winnable.

Thous bills find ways to lose games

Carolina is a winnable game. If the Bills played that decent against the Pats, no reason that they can't take this one.

Better play from CJ, and better clock management by the coaches should do the trick.

until such time as the bills prove the following statement wrong I won't think of any game as winnable.

Thous bills find ways to lose games

Well I think if the Bills can score more points than the other team by the time the game ends, then they should win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.