Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

can't say I know anything about the players coming back. But having an additional goaltender who is on the Wild roster right now is interesting. Could there be something else coming?

TSN says Larsson or Granlund was the Wild choice and they let Larsson go. 20 year old LW player?

We'll see what they say.. I have no idea.

It doesn't look like the Sabres got the 2d line center--ready to step in come October--that I wanted. I'm waiting to see confirmation of exactly everything received in return for Pommer before commenting further upon this trade.

TSN does have it listed now. I bet they add in more pieces eventually.

It appears those two players are all we got for Pommers... a back-up goalie and a 2/3rd line centre..wooo?

I like it. Both guys are about 10 years younger than Pommer. We shed a ton of salary. Turn the page on the "core" that has gotten us nowhere. Change the culture of the team (and the captaincy). Find a possible replacement for Miller (next to go?), and add a really good two-way center prospect.

:)

Sad.

Agree. Even if this was a "necessary" move for the team to improve long-term, Pominville was the kind of guy you want on your team. Sure, he wasn't a vocal leader or a tough guy, but guys who produce points and are defensively responsible don't grow on trees. I feel he was a victim of the fact that he had a minimal supporting cast the past several years and was expected to carry the team with a few others - he will do well for the Wild. So long Pommer.

Archived