Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

wow I am not even allowed to be sad that we just traded a player I have watched for the past 8 years>?

LGR, don't you realize that having a bad team means we're better off shipping every current player out of town even if the return is minimal? ;)

What they are saying.

Wild Fans

Hackett was called “best goalie in the world not in the NHL” last year by Craig Custance.

Larsson is solid two-way center. Been a leader on several Swedish national teams as well.

Good pickup. Larsson and Hackett will be missed, so let’s hope something else is coming Minnesota’s way…

Well I wasn't so worried about losing Hackett but losing Larsson is a bummer. He is a good two-way prospect.

Wow - we just gave up two really good prospects. Very suprised Fletcher would do this - Larsson was supposed to be the real deal and we have seen what Hackett can do.

Clearly Fletch thinks Granlund > Larsson

Larsson was my 2nd favorite Wild prospect behind Brodin...

Wild fan comments:

Larsson is a future leader. Amazing work ethic, two-way responsibility. Was a fan favorite as far as prospects go.

and...

Hey guys, just so you know..Larsson is amazing. Wild fans are real sad to see him go. Hackett is talented too. Good trade.

Don't forget what's already in the system. And these kids will be 23 and 25 in 3 years.

But what's certain is that the Sabres are looking at a slow, Pittsburgh-style turnaround and not a quick, Montreal-style turnaround.

That's how it seems. So they kiss Vanek goodbye over the summer.

Don't forget what's already in the system. And these kids will be 23 and 25 in 3 years.

But what's certain is that the Sabres are looking at a slow, Pittsburgh-style turnaround and not a quick, Montreal-style turnaround.

There's no indication of this. We can trade assets for players and we can sign FAs.

I haven't forgot, but you cant re-build your teams on some teenagers and crossed fingers.

You are damn right I am critical. We just traded JASON POMINVILLE for 2 maybe about to become NHL players. Jason Pominville is the type of player you want on a cup team.

This team is no where near a cup and he wasn't going to be re-signed. Understand you being critical but this team is starting over.

There's no indication of this. We can trade assets for players and we can sign FAs.

There is every indication of this. Trading a captain for guys without NHL experience (and possibly picks) at the deadline signals something very different than hanging on to him and trading him for a younger player with experience over the summer.

You are damn right I am critical. We just traded JASON POMINVILLE for 2 maybe about to become NHL players. Jason Pominville is the type of player you want on a cup team.

Hahaha.

Wild fan comments:

Larsson is a future leader. Amazing work ethic, two-way responsibility. Was a fan favorite as far as prospects go.

and...

Hey guys, just so you know..Larsson is amazing. Wild fans are real sad to see him go. Hackett is talented too. Good trade.

Fans opinions arent gonna sell me at all.

Wild fan comments:

and...

and we knocked off $5.3 in salary cap space

Still waiting for picks. In the mean time, from a friend that's a MN-born Wild fan. He probably plays too much NHL 13:

Hackett is TERRIBLE - he's our backup in Houston. Larsson's an absolute stud prospect though if you develop him right. Big scoring power forward who can play any forward position.

I'm sorry everyone. Jason Pominville is responsible for all these teams troubles and we are better without him.

Maybe once I see these guys play (Hackett, Larsson) I will feel better but right now I dont

The population of Pominville is now zero. It is OK to not be OK with that.

I'm sorry everyone. Jason Pominville is responsible for all these teams troubles and we are better without him.

Maybe once I see these guys play (Hackett, Larsson) I will feel better but right now I dont

Relax, no one is saying that. When you start over you trade older players that you are not going to re-sign.

What they are saying.

Wild Fans

Interesting. Thanks for the legwork.

Here's my question: does anyone know whether Larsson is really a center? i.e. has he been playing center in the AHL this year? (Not half a season at center in Europe 5 years ago)?

This thread should go to the National Archives so it can be pulled up when Hackett wins his fourth Vezina and Larsson takes back to back Conn Smythes.

it isn't the future, it is now so i am allowed to be sad that one of my favorite players no longer plays for my team

Archived