The other sports thread

Eleven

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Greatest player ever is up for debate.

Indeed it is. Babe Ruth seems to be the popular pick but it’s hard to ignore how much more talented players are in more modern eras. Baseball talent at the plate translates better through time, though.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Indeed it is. Babe Ruth seems to be the popular pick but it’s hard to ignore how much more talented players are in more modern eras. Baseball talent at the plate translates better through time, though.

Your quote was about basketball, no?

I know I was late to the discussion, so I don’t blame you.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Your quote was about basketball, no?

I know I was late to the discussion, so I don’t blame you.

Ah, you are correct. Got the two conversations mixed up. The greatest player ever is indeed up for debate, I just know who I believe it is.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Omigosh thankfully Italy won.  Had England won, it would have been insufferable.  They're like Leaves fans.

The England coach nearly was saved from himself when England threw the ball in in the 118th minute keeping the 2 subs on the bench.  But the Italy corner got them into the game in the final minute.

The 2 went 0-2 with the 1st one being a horse's rear end trying to psyche out the goalie but psyches himself out hitting the post. 

Edited by Taro T

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Omigosh thankfully Italy won.  Had England won, it would have been insufferable.  They're like Leaves fans.

It’s insufferable to see them losing, too. Their fans are running through the streets beating everyone in sight. A lot of ugliness on Twitter right now.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

It’s insufferable to see them losing, too. Their fans are running through the streets beating everyone in sight. A lot of ugliness on Twitter right now.

I repeat:  They're like leaves fans.

• Like (+1) 1