The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

mike weber. Last year i thought he was horrible. this year, he has really improved and i am quite happy with his play. his aggressive play was not the problem, but his ability to clear the puck, break up plays, and get into position just seemed so horrible last year. he has definitely improved and has not only stepped up his hitting, he has become quite solid and reliable.

For the record...nobody on this team knows how to clear the puck. lol

Right, my issue is though when he pulls the "well tell me who you would replace him with"

I hate that argument because it isn't an argument. It is just dumb.

O crap this guy just ask him what the problem is?

Sylvester's Answer "Lindy Ruff is a coworker of mine and I will not comment on a coworker of mine, I personally like the guy."

Basically the question is now are we talking coaches or chemistry? which issue is it?

No it isn't, its a valid response to continue a discussion/debate, its part of having a grown up/intellectual discussion about something

Its easy to just kick and scream and throw your tantrum saying that something has to be done, and then give no input how to fix it.

No it isn't, its a valid response to continue a discussion/debate, its part of having a grown up/intellectual discussion about something

Its easy to just kick and scream and throw your tantrum saying that something has to be done, and then give no input how to fix it.

The problem is that Kevin doesn't think anything needs to be done. Everyone is doing a great job, they just aren't winning. He offers nothing either. His solution is "they just need to start winning. That's deep.

Wouldn't it be nice if sports teams offered the fans some objectivity? I read recently that a few teams are starting to hire their own "beat reporters." Not in a faux journalist Chris Brown vein, but actual reporters who have editorial freedom. I know it's tricky for the team if their media people are criticizing players and coaches. I'm not even asking for criticism, or calls for heads, just stop insulting me. Rob said after the first period against the Bruins that the Sabres played a great period and the platter was all set for success the rest of the way.

Another way of thinking about this is that the new ownership that was supposed to be about excellence and creating a winning culture and doing a million little things to win has Kevin Sylvester, Andrew Peters, Rob Ray and Harry Neale working on their broadcasts. Brian Duff was a nice hire and Roby's honest enough for me to forgive him for allowing himself to be muzzled to some extent.

Seriously. I can not drink and think about the Sabres. I can't turn on WGR. I can barely write this, stone cold sober. I turned on the radio, by force of habit, and left the room. I had to go back into the room to turn the radio off, though it was barely audible.

A large part of it is me, for different reasons. I've got an infant son, that I'm taking care of during the days. We have a lot of fun together, and the Sabres ruin it. Wish I could blame the Sabres on my love life, but that's none too swell either. I still enjoy this forum, purely for the writing and reading. Nice posts, everyone. We'll figure this thing out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.