The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

I'm just not shocked at all that his argument is the same many posters in the past here have used to justify not firing Ruff. The evolution of the argument has not reached Sylvester so we hear him rehashing things this forum has already done. I bet in six months he won't be making that argument anymore because he'll have evolved his rationale to the point we're at right now. Kinda funny how it works. Like watching a teenager figure out what can only be learned through maturation.

He'll only evolve if he gets word that Lindy has been or soon will be no longer head coach. (I wanted to say fired; but I would not be surprised if Lindy takes on another job with the Sabres instead.) He's a company man through and through.

There goes Sylvester thinking like Lindy. Talking about who might sit with Pardy up and Sylvester starts with maybe Sulzer. Yes, let's sit one of the few other players on the team who actually has scored a goal. :doh:

Edited by nobody

There goes Sylvester thinking like Lindy. Talking about who might sit with Pardy up and Sylvester starts with maybe Sultzer. Yes, let's sit one of the few other players on the team who actually has scored a goal. :doh:

2 goals aside I don't think Sulzer has been all that good lately.

2 goals aside I don't think Sulzer has been all that good lately.

I'd start Scott on defense over Leopold right now let alone Sulzer.

I really loved the talk about how good MIke Weber is. I keep saying that and have been saying that for over a year. Kid has heart and he was 2nd rounder, he isnt some lucky late pick but a guy who had a good ceiling and is playing up to or above it. His simple game is getting it done and his no holds barred physicality is great.

Here is a question: Ever see Miler get hit/bumped/run with Mike Weber on the ice... NO because Weber would immediately drop gloves and win or lose he would fight anyone. Look what he did after the gerbe hit. If we had a couple more MIke Webers this team would be a lot better.

To be expected with a call in show. To his credit, he knows how to handle it in a professional manner.

Right, my issue is though when he pulls the "well tell me who you would replace him with"

I hate that argument because it isn't an argument. It is just dumb.

O crap this guy just ask him what the problem is?

Sylvester's Answer "Lindy Ruff is a coworker of mine and I will not comment on a coworker of mine, I personally like the guy."

Basically the question is now are we talking coaches or chemistry? which issue is it?

Edited by LGR4GM

Right, my issue is though when he pulls the "well tell me who you would replace him with"

I hate that argument because it isn't an argument. It is just dumb. O crap this guy just ask him what the problem is?

Sylvester's Answer "Lindy Ruff is a coworker of mine and I will not comment on a coworker of mine, I personally like the guy."

Basically the question is now are we talking coaches or chemistry? which issue is it?

Just say Roy

I'd start Scott on defense over Leopold right now let alone Sulzer.

I really loved the talk about how good MIke Weber is. I keep saying that and have been saying that for over a year. Kid has heart and he was 2nd rounder, he isnt some lucky late pick but a guy who had a good ceiling and is playing up to or above it. His simple game is getting it done and his no holds barred physicality is great.

Here is a question: Ever see Miler get hit/bumped/run with Mike Weber on the ice... NO because Weber would immediately drop gloves and win or lose he would fight anyone. Look what he did after the gerbe hit. If we had a couple more MIke Webers this team would be a lot better.

I agree with you on Mike Weber. I remember thinking during the Boston game how when he has the puck in our zone I'm pretty confident he won't screw up as opposed to most of our D. He looks confident with the puck. This team is a better team with him in the lineup.

mike weber. Last year i thought he was horrible. this year, he has really improved and i am quite happy with his play. his aggressive play was not the problem, but his ability to clear the puck, break up plays, and get into position just seemed so horrible last year. he has definitely improved and has not only stepped up his hitting, he has become quite solid and reliable.

Heh heh. And people think Ruff is too harsh?!

you got it !.. lol

my real choice...was guy boucher......no longer an option unless we trade for him. resign lindy... then strait up trade....lindy for guy?

Edited by waldo

First-time listener. Kevin's worse than I expected. Peters is decent.

Kevin just said the Sabres need to develop a backup goalie who can play 20 games while Miller ages. Super!

You missed out:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/jason-bateman-buys-ernest-borgnine-beverly-hills-estate-010754339.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.