The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Peters doomed the Sabres from day one because he ran training camp.

I always wondered if he was interested or looking into coaching in the future

He was always the guy that looked like he was running or keeping the pre-game skates going passing the pucks around, and then he ran training camps for the players before Ruff was allowed to this season. Sometimes some of the best coaches are guys who played but weren't the most skilled on the ice. Maybe its because they would get alot of coaching to try and make them better players, or that they weren't on the ice as much so they got to see more ont he bench and how things would work.....

This is interesting, Peters is arguing that RR is wrong about benching Drew and thinks that benching is having a negative effect on the team. He is arguing that Drew being benched makes players who are his friends and such question coaching.

What an idiot! Instead of the coach, maybe these friends of Stafford's ought to question Drew's pathetic effort in 2013??? He's a lazy ineffective player getting paid $4 million a year - and so far in 2013... after 31 games only 11 points and 4 goals, and a HORRIBLE plus/minus of -12!!!! If Peters wants to fight someone, I'll fight him... all I'd have to do before the fight is read Staffords stats and his salary to whip myself into a frenzy of rage at Stafford and any misanthropic knuckle-dragger like Peters pathetically attempting to defend this dead wood! As the great Mills Lane would say.....Let's get it ON!!!! :lol:

Edited by Jsixspd

What an idiot! Instead of the coach, maybe these friends of Stafford's ought to question Drew's pathetic effort in 2013??? He's a lazy ineffective player getting paid $4 million a year - and so far in 2013... after 31 games only 11 points and 4 goals, and a HORRIBLE plus/minus of -12!!!! If Peters wants to fight someone, I'll fight him... all I'd have to do before the fight is read Staffords stats and his salary to whip myself into a frenzy of rage at Stafford and any misanthropic knuckle-dragger like Peters pathetically attempting to defend this dead wood! As the great Mills Lane would say.....Let's get it ON!!!! :lol:

:clapping:

I'll take sports talk for half wits any day over sports talk for smart people. Give me fart noises and dick jokes please!!

I've recently come to the conclusion that there is only one difference between Sports Radio hosts, Sports writers, and the Hosts on the E! network. Both dedicate their careers to "journalistic" coverage of the entertainment industry. The only difference is the people on E! are aware of this, and don't take themselves too seriously.

Andrew Peters, not the most articulate guy on the radio but he is infinity more qualified to comment on what it takes to play in the NHL and what goes on in the Sabres locker room then anyone here, no matter how many times you want to declare him a moron or idiot. He's rough to listen to, but when he says that Ron Rolston is losing parts of the room (which he in essence said yesterday) I listen to that far more than the people screaming 'HOMER!" on this message board.

Andrew Peters, not the most articulate guy on the radio but he is infinity more qualified to comment on what it takes to play in the NHL and what goes on in the Sabres locker room then anyone here, no matter how many times you want to declare him a moron or idiot. He's rough to listen to, but when he says that Ron Rolston is losing parts of the room (which he in essence said yesterday) I listen to that far more than the people screaming 'HOMER!" on this message board.

Players hate getting scratched when healthy. Scratch players after a loss and they still hate it but can deal with it.

Scratch veteran players after a win and you lose the room pretty quickly. In their minds you've just broken up a line that won the night before.

I'm still waiting for people to bring up RR throwing the players under the bus after the last game by asking the reporter to go talk to the players why they lost/looked bad out there. If LR or Miller said that, this place would be going crazy about how he is throwing them under the bus, a cancer, lost the team, etc.

I'm still waiting for people to bring up RR throwing the players under the bus after the last game by asking the reporter to go talk to the players why they lost/looked bad out there. If LR or Miller said that, this place would be going crazy about how he is throwing them under the bus, a cancer, lost the team, etc.

I love what Ron is doing to this team. They all had it so good under Poppa Bear Lindy. He always took the heat and protected them. He treated them like adults and expected them to identify when they weren't playing well and to fix that themselves. Ron isn't taking any prisoners. He's the boarding school Dean. Not giving him the effort he expects isn't going to be rewarded with coddling. He's sending a message to Darcy and the players. He doesn't think they're good enough.

I love what Ron is doing to this team. They all had it so good under Poppa Bear Lindy. He always took the heat and protected them. He treated them like adults and expected them to identify when they weren't playing well and to fix that themselves. Ron isn't taking any prisoners. He's the boarding school Dean. Not giving him the effort he expects isn't going to be rewarded with coddling. He's sending a message to Darcy and the players. He doesn't think they're good enough.

So when he does it its not throwing them under the bus, gotcha

It is pretty cool that Rolston doesn't seem to care who the "name" players are, or where everyone was drafted, or who's being paid what, or who used to be good. It's a nice jolt of reality for our comatose roster.

I already hope we keep Rolston in the organization as the Rochester coach next year.

Lindy Ruff did publicly call out the team. He was castigated here for it.

It really is all a matter of style.

Herb Brookes, Mike Keenan, Hitchcock, at times Bowman were all comfortable letting a team rally together out of common hatred for their coach.

That has seemingly gone out of fashion.

I wouldn't have a problem with Rolston calling out every player on this team. They stink.

I don't have a problem with players throwing each other under the bus either.

Teams don't have to like each other.

If we have a lot of love in the room. Great. The team still stinks.

So when he does it its not throwing them under the bus, gotcha

Sure it is. Who cares?

By some not all. Personally i liked it, but I got the sense that the players felt betrayed by it. Lindy was their friend. Ron has come out of the gate with the attitude of not worrying about hurting feelings. I like that approach even more.

It really is all a matter of style.

Herb Brookes, Mike Keenan, Hitchcock, at times Bowman were all comfortable letting a team rally together out of common hatred for their coach.

That has seemingly gone out of fashion.

I wouldn't have a problem with Rolston calling out every player on this team. They stink.

I don't have a problem with players throwing each other under the bus either.

Teams don't have to like each other.

If we have a lot of love in the room. Great. The team still stinks.

:thumbsup:

Sure it is. Who cares?

By some not all. Personally i liked it, but I got the sense that the players felt betrayed by it. Lindy was their friend. Ron has come out of the gate with the attitude of not worrying about hurting feelings. I like that approach even more.

:thumbsup:

I like it too, this team has been terrible and they deserved to be criticized. When they claim it isn't fair I don't think they have a pot or window for that argument.

It is pretty cool that Rolston doesn't seem to care who the "name" players are, or where everyone was drafted, or who's being paid what, or who used to be good. It's a nice jolt of reality for our comatose roster.

I already hope we keep Rolston in the organization as the Rochester coach next year.

Except in goal. But as X. will point out, goalies are a different breed. Ran probably knows Miller would fall apart if Enroth played three games in a row.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.