The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

WGR is way better than most of the local sports talk I've heard around the country.

I have noticed this as well. I think it is because Buffalo in general is critical of its sports teams and as a result "usually" the sports shows are somewhat critical as well. Sylvester however I would say is less critical than Shoop and the Bulldog. Of course I could be wrong

That being said I love it when Petey is on. He is funny as hell.

Sylvester might want to consider calling in sick tomorrow. Either that or take no calls.

He could play the audio for some of the unaired Lindy's Most Memorable Practical Jokes series from the 40th anniversary season telecasts.

Actually, I think they started showing them already, around 7:30pm every 3 out of 4 nights.

He could play the audio for some of the unaired Lindy's Most Memorable Practical Jokes series from the 40th anniversary season telecasts.

Actually, I think they started showing them already, around 7:30pm every 3 out of 4 nights.

Oh jeez, don't get me started! Hee hee! Labatt, remember those? Oh my god. When Lindy put shaving cream on Larry Playfair's pillow. I about wee weed myself. And he got Rip to pull his finger!!!! LMFAOOOOOOOO

WGR is way better than most of the local sports talk I've heard around the country.

No disrespect intended but you are out of your mind. Ever listen to KNBR or WFAN or WSCR? Those stations are light years ahead of GR. This station is horrible from top to bottom. First off, the whole sound of the station is bad. The updates are incomplete and sound terrible. The morning show? What a joke. Howard "Golly gee, I'm upset today" Simon has gotten so old it's laughable. The less said about his sidekick the better. The whinerline? Please. Sylvester has been a hack since his BEN days and clearly nothing has changed.

That leaves the afternoon show. How Bulldog still has a career is totally, totally amazing. He contributes nothing but the most obvious takes. Schoop is beyond annoying. Talk about mailing it in. His arguments are poorly thought out and he lacks conviction. Making this mess even harder to listen to is the so called "comedic" input by Greg. Hey Greg, for once and for all, you are not funny. Not in the least.

I like Murph but I wish the Bills didn't have to pay him.

GR reminds me of the idiot you work with that keeps getting promoted while everyone else shakes their heads. Glad I stopped listening some time back. The station sucks.

The only guys who are ever going to be critical of the Sabres are Mike Robataille, and Paul Hamilton. Hamilton is a bit more subtle...a lot of times it is what he chooses not to say is where his criticism can be heard...while he won't come out and say it outright, he is off the Lindy bandwagon.

Robie will call a spade a spade...like his segments on GR. I don't get to see all the games with the Sabres broadcast team, but when I do (like tonight), I am always surprised how honest Robataille is. Kind of refreshing. He was calling the Sabres out between both periods tonight.

I like Murph but I wish the Bills didn't have to pay him.

I think Murphy is dull as hell....kind of the Bills answer to Sylvester...and I don't think he is a great play by play guy. Don't hate him by any means, but I just don't think he is terribly exciting to listen to. What I like about his GR show is that it is guest driven. Sylvester needs more guests...he is much better that way.

No disrespect intended but you are out of your mind. Ever listen to KNBR or WFAN or WSCR? Those stations are light years ahead of GR. This station is horrible from top to bottom. First off, the whole sound of the station is bad. The updates are incomplete and sound terrible. The morning show? What a joke. Howard "Golly gee, I'm upset today" Simon has gotten so old it's laughable. The less said about his sidekick the better. The whinerline? Please. Sylvester has been a hack since his BEN days and clearly nothing has changed.

It's all perspective. You name WFan? I think thats the worst station i've ever listened to and since one of my good friends is a massive Yankees fan, i listened to it quite a bit. Few weeks ago i was listening to it, and they were discussing if Sabathia is fan or not?

Ever wake up in the morning and listen to that MSG show (which is also on WFAN) Boomer and Carmen, which they promote during Sabres games? Talk about unlistenable. That is just pure garbage. Even the commercials annoy me.

WGR isn't for everybody and they def have their flaws. But they focus a lot on local sports, Bills and Sabres are daily topics no matter if its December, March or June. WFan will avoid some teams, and also talk more national sports. On that Boomer and Carmen show, they literally spend like 30minutes on Lakers struggling. You are live in NYC, why do they care about the Lakers so much?

Oh, VM I totally agree about Boomer and Carton. Just awful. But listen to Steve Somers or (and people love/hate him) Mike Francessa. Smart, witty, intelligent radio that gives credit to the listener. Or Gary Radnich on KNBR. I'll take the rotating overnight guys on WFAN (Tony Paige/ Mark Malusis) over anyone on GR anytime.

Oh, VM I totally agree about Boomer and Carton. Just awful. But listen to Steve Somers or (and people love/hate him) Mike Francessa. Smart, witty, intelligent radio that gives credit to the listener. Or Gary Radnich on KNBR. I'll take the rotating overnight guys on WFAN (Tony Paige/ Mark Malusis) over anyone on GR anytime.

Francessa is good too, i will admit. I liked him more when he was with the maddog or whatever that guy called himself. I watch him sometimes on YES, and you have to admit, he covers national sports as much as he does local (NYC) sports, besides maybe Yankees as he's on the YES network. Never heard Somers but i will give it a try.

I never listen to the Chicago or SF stations but the only other city i will listen to a good amount is Indianapolis radio, and they have 2 stations, because im a Pacers fan. If you think WGR is bad? These guys are brutal. And, it's not just basketball, college talk thats bad, i was in Indianapolis this past Thanksgiving weekend when Buffalo was there, and their football talk was redic. I couldnt stand it.

Edited by Vanek-Man

Harry Neale is making some good points... motherf###er must be dividing by 0

Basically he said that they need to either make trades/moves to shore up the team for next season/end of this one or they need to make moves that they will pay off 3-4yrs from now.

Actually yes Harry you would be correct.

Harry Neale is making some good points... motherf###er must be dividing by 0

Basically he said that they need to either make trades/moves to shore up the team for next season/end of this one or they need to make moves that they will pay off 3-4yrs from now.

Actually yes Harry you would be correct.

Before i say this, I am as superstitious as they come.

For some reason, and i do not know why, Harry Neale is the jinx on this franchise right now. The Sabres have stunk since he has joined the broadcast team..and i am being serious.

Harry needs to go

For some reason, and i do not know why, Harry Neale is the jinx on this franchise right now. The Sabres have stunk since he has joined the broadcast team..and i am being serious.

Harry needs to go

Really.....

Harry needs to go

This is the real Harry:

Demon.jpg

I want to hear Andrew Peter's side/thoughts on Lindy Ruff.

Wow! I might not sleep tonight waiting for what Andy has to say. Peters has been on the news tonight Thursday will be old news. Like him cuz he makes Kev's show semi-interesting. In reality, he's smart enough to make more money on the radio after a marginal career, I respect that, We love our goons.

Edited by Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

Peter is very angry about the lack of consistency on hits to players like Gerbe and Ennis. Which is a valid point. I think when Peter's is on this show is much more entertaining.

Whats so inconsistent about it? If your not a superstar/player the league cares about, or wear the right jersey, its not gonna get called/be reviewed for a suspension.

Gerbe and ennis can be wheeled off on stretchers for all the league cares, they are minor pieces of the league that can be replaced without the rest of the league blinking an eye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.