The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

That's the problem....they're pretty much all on the payroll........

Pegula and family are good to the players and staff....and nice for the community......but in actual hockey operations, it's like taking your money to the track and asking the grandkid who to bet on, and he says "Number 5 because he's gray".......

I always bet the grey if he is the only grey in the race. :P

I like Petey, i know I am in the minority here. Having said that, only catch the show once a week or so.

Accidentally made the mistake of listening to the first 40 minutes of the show today.

Sylvester can't believe that people think Regier should be fired right after he got a contract extension.

Peters' big thought is "What if this year was just a fluke? Why not keep everyone and add players in the offseason?" :doh: Good news, everyone, every season is just a fluke. Don't worry about it.

Accidentally made the mistake of listening to the first 40 minutes of the show today.

Sylvester can't believe that people think Regier should be fired right after he got a contract extension.

Peters' big thought is "What if this year was just a fluke? Why not keep everyone and add players in the offseason?" :doh: Good news, everyone, every season is just a fluke. Don't worry about it.

Good Lord. Andy: Look at the roster.

And Sylvester now is saying that billionaires never break contracts, which is why DR can't be fired. Kev has no idea how people like me make a living, apparently.

He's obviously missed the past several seasons.

Good Lord. Andy: Look at the roster.

And Sylvester now is saying that billionaires never break contracts, which is why DR can't be fired. Kev has no idea how people like me make a living, apparently.

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

Damn, Petey is an idiot. Wondering whether Matt Ellis is a hot Trade deadline commodity. WTF??

Just picturing the GMs in Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim sitting in their respective offices with beads of sweat on their foreheads wondering what it's going to take to pry Matt Ellis out of Buffalo. (Well, Rochester.)

Just picturing the GMs in Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim sitting in their respective offices with beads of sweat on their foreheads wondering what it's going to take to pry Matt Ellis out of Buffalo. (Well, Rochester.)

I'm thinking a 1st and a top prospect at least.

Damn, Petey is an idiot. Wondering whether Matt Ellis is a hot Trade deadline commodity. WTF??

Peters loves Matt Ellis. The day Ellis got sent down I thought Peters was going to have a legitimate mental and/or emotional breakdown on the air. As others have said, Peters too often uses the show as a soapbox to defend his closest friends on the team.

Peters loves Matt Ellis. The day Ellis got sent down I thought Peters was going to have a legitimate mental and/or emotional breakdown on the air. As others have said, Peters too often uses the show as a soapbox to defend his closest friends on the team.

It's wonderful to be an advocate for friends, but it would be nice to bring some real hockey analysis to the show instead of the "Company Line" (Kevin) and a guy in Peters who can barely string together coherent thoughts.

Danny Gare, whenever he's on, adds very little.

What a waste of a potentially great format.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

How many Sabres worked out during the lockout? Could the problem be lack of conditioning?

PTR

That could be a problem, but it is definitely not the problem. The roster is the problem. They started the season with one center. ONE. They have eight guys who are varying degrees of Marcus Foligno, one Steve Ott, and four guys who have some degree of real talent at any point in time on the forward lines. That is the problem. Not the coach, not the trainer, not the crowd noise, and not the logo on the floor of the locker room. The roster.

Kevin Sylvester: "Why is there so much anger right now? It's the trade deadline. This is exciting." (paraphrased last two sentences)

This is amazing. Note to Kevin: You get paid to follow the team. The rest of us have to pay to follow the team. And the team sucks and has been going nowhere for years. That's why there's so much anger right now.

Listening to WGR today to keep up on the deadline. Good lord this show is bad. Peters literally cannot control himself when callers pose questions. He immediately goes on the offensive and half the time strays so far off topic the caller has to reign him back in. Woof.

Content aside, the entire show sounds like it's being put on by a high school A/V club. The microphone noise is totally unprofessional...if they're using stands on a table, as opposed to an arm attached to a surface and unmovable, they absolutely NEED to put some sort of damping material on the bottom of the stands. The sound of the stands and mics moving drives me freaking nuts.

Also, there is some sort of equipment failure - some mics decay as if the power is dying in the channel they're using in the mixer. Most times it's not Sylvester's mic, sometimes it happens on Peters', and it always happens on the third mic.

Content aside, the entire show sounds like it's being put on by a high school A/V club. The microphone noise is totally unprofessional...if they're using stands on a table, as opposed to an arm attached to a surface and unmovable, they absolutely NEED to put some sort of damping material on the bottom of the stands. The sound of the stands and mics moving drives me freaking nuts.

Also, there is some sort of equipment failure - some mics decay as if the power is dying in the channel they're using in the mixer. Most times it's not Sylvester's mic, sometimes it happens on Peters', and it always happens on the third mic.

they sit at a raised desk in the Sabres store so it is not exactly a pro radio booth setting. still I am entertained.

Listening to WGR today to keep up on the deadline. Good lord this show is bad. Peters literally cannot control himself when callers pose questions. He immediately goes on the offensive and half the time strays so far off topic the caller has to reign him back in. Woof.

Just another example of just how bad GR is. I really don't know how you guys/girls continue to listen. Stopped months ago. Do the same....ull be better for it.

Just another example of just how bad GR is. I really don't know how you guys/girls continue to listen. Stopped months ago. Do the same....ull be better for it.

Howard and Jeremy are fine--no, actually, they're good. They're really fun to listen to in the mornings.

Schopp and Bulldog are fine when they're having fun and in good humor.

Sly sux but he's Buffalo. Same with Murph in the evenings.

It's not a big radio market; it's amazing that we have 12 hours (on a non game day) of all-local sports talk at all. We easily could have to deal with a "The Team" or "Fox Buffalo" or some other crap. (Ever drive through Syracuse?) I'm ok with what we've got.

Edited by Eleven

Howard and Jeremy are fine--no, actually, they're good. They're really fun to listen to in the mornings.

Schopp and Bulldog are fine when they're having fun and in good humor.

Sly sux but he's Buffalo. Same with Murph in the evenings.

It's not a big radio market; it's amazing that we have 12 hours (on a non game day) of all-local sports talk at all. We easily could have to deal with a "The Team" or "Fox Buffalo" or some other crap. (Ever drive through Syracuse?) I'm ok with what we've got.

Wow. Eleven, I lurk more than I post and I do admire your concise, insightful, and sometimes witty revelations about the Sabres plight. But, when it comes to quality radio we can't be more far apart. The morning show (w/ "golly gee" has been Howard and his lame sidekick) is like a nails on a chalk board. Bulldog? Are you serious to think that that marble-mouthed baffoonish oaf offers anything besides stumbling over himself with the most obvious of opinions? The updates suck and the station never...ever breaks any news. If your "ok w/ what we got" in GR.....you've been hanging around Darcy too long.

Wow. Eleven, I lurk more than I post and I do admire your concise, insightful, and sometimes witty revelations about the Sabres plight. But, when it comes to quality radio we can't be more far apart. The morning show (w/ "golly gee" has been Howard and his lame sidekick) is like a nails on a chalk board. Bulldog? Are you serious to think that that marble-mouthed baffoonish oaf offers anything besides stumbling over himself with the most obvious of opinions? The updates suck and the station never...ever breaks any news. If your "ok w/ what we got" in GR.....you've been hanging around Darcy too long.

Edited by gomper

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.