The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

If Vanek did it could really change the course of next season.

Miracles do happen.

Stafford, too, for that matter.

Add to that list Miller, and, hell, Darcy doesn't need to do a thing this off-season.

And again, miracles do happen.

I'm convinced now more than ever that Sabres brass have someone who filters through sites like SS, looking for ideas.

a college classmate of mine is a principal at a big-city PR firm that has several major league teams as clients. (it's a great gig, he's an even better guy.) his firm has automated software working in tandem with entry-level associates and interns to sift through what the world of social media is saying about those franchises (in this instance, "social media" includes blogs and message boards). he intimated to me once that one of his clients once made a personnel move based, at least in part, by how negatively the player at issue was perceived by the fans.

You don't make personnel decisions based solely on it, but you need to know what your market is thinking.

And there is no better place to get an insight into the thoughts of a hardcore Sabre fan than forums like this.

a college classmate of mine is a principal at a big-city PR firm that has several major league teams as clients. (it's a great gig, he's an even better guy.) his firm has automated software working in tandem with entry-level associates and interns to sift through what the world of social media is saying about those franchises (in this instance, "social media" includes blogs and message boards). he intimated to me once that one of his clients once made a personnel move based, at least in part, by how negatively the player at issue was perceived by the fans.

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

you need to add @BuffaloSabres and #sabres #nhl so the algorithm picks up on it quick.

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

Kim Pegula as ice girl

You've gone Bafo.

Peters being on as a "regular" now on tuesdays and thursdays has a lot to do with the response that WGR gets every time he's on the morning or afternoon show as a guest. Everytime he is on, they get tons of texts, emails, and tweets about how good he is and he should be on more often. I've sent a few myself but Howard/Jermey and Schop/Bulldog have mentioned that several times. I'm sure it's not just that someone was reading it on this message board, although it can't hurt. Peters also does that tv show with Rayzor that people seem to like.

I enjoyed the full two hours of Petey sitting in today and will be listening most days when he's on. If they let him line up some guests like he did on the morning show last week, we'll get some great radio! I love that I can listen until noon every day now. I hated that garbage from 10-12 before.

I stream it on my iPhone since I'm in Pittsburgh and it sucks my battery but I don't care, I plug it in and listen all morning!!

Edited by TM8-PL16

I love Peters in this role, but his side job as a color guy for Canisius Men's hockey is about as unlistenable as it gets.

I'm more than a little worried that Ray will flop at color. He was good at adding nuggets from ice level, but he seems best at "feel" and goofing around.....not sure technical color is his best fit.

I'm more than a little worried that Ray will flop at color. He was good at adding nuggets from ice level, but he seems best at "feel" and goofing around.....not sure technical color is his best fit.

I liked Ray rinkside but yah as color...meh. I'd much rather Duff moved up to do color.

I liked Ray rinkside but yah as color...meh. I'd much rather Duff moved up to do color.

I really like Ray. He is a good dude and has insight....but he is good at adding comic relief and actually made Neal more tolerable because they could goof on each other.

My favorite part of the broadcast is Ray/Neale/Robitaille at intermission. THAT'S what hockey is all about. Three guys who could finish off a keg over the weekend and both physically and verbally slap you silly if you are a dunce.

At the same time, Rayzor actively recovering from a concussion would be better than Neale.

I like Rayzor, he's come quite a way since he first started in the biz and I agree with you about Harry. Glad Danny Gare has a lesser role too. He just is not very good as an analyst.

Peters being on as a "regular" now on tuesdays and thursdays has a lot to do with the response that WGR gets every time he's on the morning or afternoon show as a guest. Everytime he is on, they get tons of texts, emails, and tweets about how good he is and he should be on more often. I've sent a few myself but Howard/Jermey and Schop/Bulldog have mentioned that several times. I'm sure it's not just that someone was reading it on this message board, although it can't hurt. Peters also does that tv show with Rayzor that people seem to like.

I enjoyed the full two hours of Petey sitting in today and will be listening most days when he's on. If they let him line up some guests like he did on the morning show last week, we'll get some great radio! I love that I can listen until noon every day now. I hated that garbage from 10-12 before.

I stream it on my iPhone since I'm in Pittsburgh and it sucks my battery but I don't care, I plug it in and listen all morning!!

I work during the week. What makes him so good?

Hard to listen to him when every other word seems to be yaknow.

Last time I listened to one of their games Peters and the other bum were rambling about chicken wings and tacos while play was going on. And not like a quick comment, we're talking a full conversation. It lasted half the period. Almost zero play by play.

Last time I listened to one of their games Peters and the other bum were rambling about chicken wings and tacos while play was going on. And not like a quick comment, we're talking a full conversation. It lasted half the period. Almost zero play by play.

So, how is that a bad thing? Canisius Men's hockey, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.