The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

5 players Peters wants here next year:

Tarnasky

Tropp

Ellis

McCormick

One more that I don't remember, but in the same mold.

I'm very glad he's not in charge.

Not surprising at all. The day Ellis got sent down I thought he was going to have a mental breakdown on the air. At some point more people are going to realize the biggest problem with this team isn't heart or effort, it's talent.

Not surprising at all. The day Ellis got sent down I thought he was going to have a mental breakdown on the air. At some point more people are going to realize the biggest problem with this team isn't heart or effort, it's talent.

Imo we have a mixture of the 3. A lack of heart,effort and talent. Its when your talent refuses to put in the effort that you have a problem. But sure, we do lack talent probably more than the other 2.

5 players Peters wants here next year:

Tarnasky

Tropp

Ellis

McCormick

One more that I don't remember, but in the same mold.

I'm very glad he's not in charge.

I think one of Tarnasky/Tropp/McCormick is fine, especially if Scott is gone next season. We do need those kinds of players on the roster. I don't want Ellis at all next year, and I don't want more than two of the others on the roster except in unusual circumstances (aka another Lucic-Miller-type incident).

I keep telling you guys Peters is an idiot. Can you hear me now?

We already knew.

I think one of Tarnasky/Tropp/McCormick is fine, especially if Scott is gone next season. We do need those kinds of players on the roster. I don't want Ellis at all next year, and I don't want more than two of the others on the roster except in unusual circumstances (aka another Lucic-Miller-type incident).

One of them is not only fine, but necessary, IMO, if Scott is gone. (I hope Scott isn't.)

Five of them is stupid.

One of them is not only fine, but necessary, IMO, if Scott is gone. (I hope Scott isn't.)

Five of them is stupid.

I'd like both McCormick and Tarnasky on my 4th line along with Kaleta. I'd even like Tropp on a third line with Girgonsons and Foligno. Ideally Ott would be on a third line but he may get bumped up until mor talent arrives.

I'd like both McCormick and Tarnasky on my 4th line along with Kaleta. I'd even like Tropp on a third line with Girgonsons and Foligno. Ideally Ott would be on a third line but he may get bumped up until mor talent arrives.

I'm on board with Tarnasky and McCormick as 4th liners. Tropp is going to have to show me more to get my endorsement for a checking line role.

Can't comment on Peters as a hockey analyst as I've never heard the show, but I can say that he is a pretty cool dude. One of my friends posted a picture on FB the other day of his son and a bunch of his buddies playing street hockey. One of the participants towered over the rest of the 8-9 year olds. It was Peters. The boys went and knocked on his door to ask if he would play with them, and not only did he come out and play, but he stayed for a couple hours. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Can't comment on Peters as a hockey analyst as I've never heard the show, but I can say that he is a pretty cool dude. One of my friends posted a picture on FB the other day of his son and a bunch of his buddies playing street hockey. One of the participants towered over the rest of the 8-9 year olds. It was Peters. The boys went and knocked on his door to ask if he would play with them, and not only did he come out and play, but he stayed for a couple hours. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I don't doubt you, but unfortunately, for every story like that, there's another about him acting like an ######.

You'll get no argument from me. Been saying that for a while. I can't take him seriously and when he tries to be funny, he's just not.

Can't expect too much from a half witted, ex hockey pugilist. Can't believe 550 put this clown on every weekday.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Can't expect too much from a half witted, ex hockey pugilist. Can't believe 550 put this clown on every weekday.

Technically speaking I believe the Sabres own and operate the show, WGR just broadcasts it, so the Sabres put the clown on every weekday....does that change your "belief" in the matter? :P

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Peters is fine. He's a big puppy dog. He makes a mess every now and then but he is fun and means well usually.

If I had my way....I'd make Hockey Hotline like the Today Show and have Duff moderate it with Gare, Playfair, Ray, Robitaille, and Peters all at a round table with open bar and booze flowing.

I bet you if the honest opinions came out after a few hours of drinking, Pegula would run crying under a blanket.

That's the problem.....all our stand-up guys are still collecting checks from the Sabres, so you haven't heard the hardcore truth over the past 6 years. Maybe someone could have saved us from this mess.

his out of controlness, He actually gives honest thoughts, they may be crazy, biased, stupid, or wrong but I like it all the same.

Totally agree. He's not brilliant...few people actually are, sorry folks. The show with just Sylvester is simply not tolerable.

Peters is fine. He's a big puppy dog. He makes a mess every now and then but he is fun and means well usually.

If I had my way....I'd make Hockey Hotline like the Today Show and have Duff moderate it with Gare, Playfair, Ray, Robitaille, and Peters all at a round table with open bar and booze flowing.

I bet you if the honest opinions came out after a few hours of drinking, Pegula would run crying under a blanket.

That's the problem.....all our stand-up guys are still collecting checks from the Sabres, so you haven't heard the hardcore truth over the past 6 years. Maybe someone could have saved us from this mess.

Kind of waiting for an influential alumnus to go Rene Robert on Pegula.

Kind of waiting for an influential alumnus to go Rene Robert on Pegula.

That's the problem....they're pretty much all on the payroll........

Pegula and family are good to the players and staff....and nice for the community......but in actual hockey operations, it's like taking your money to the track and asking the grandkid who to bet on, and he says "Number 5 because he's gray".......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.