The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm at my wits end with this show. Hockey couldn't be less relevant right now yet we are subjected to 2 hours of this show every day. With all the things going on with the Bills and the NFL, this show seems so out of place. They couldn't have picked a worse year or worse time of year to start this show up. Unlistenable...

I'm at my wits end with this show. Hockey couldn't be less relevant right now yet we are subjected to 2 hours of this show every day. With all the things going on with the Bills and the NFL, this show seems so out of place. They couldn't have picked a worse year or worse time of year to start this show up. Unlistenable...

It's still better than Cowherd, but yeah, the timing on this one was silly.

I listen to this show every morning on my way in to work. I feel bad for Sylvester as he must be hanging on by his fingernails at this point. There is just not enough material to stretch out over 2 hours 4 days a week, and the host isn't exactly world class.

I was very excited about this show, but at this point I don't expect it to survive much longer.

I agree the timing for creating the show was odd to say the least, and at this point it's impossible to listen to. That said, I'd still listen to it over Cowherd if I had to choose one or the other. I think the best thing they could do would be to put it on hiatus until a CBA is reached, or a deal is imminent--there simply isn't a reason to have it on right now.

The show is best when they talk about non NHL hockey. I would still like to hear from Division I hockey coaches, Junior team players and even international hockey. The CBA lemon is squeezed completely dry, and listening to Kevin Sylvester plug his book and how the Sabres would line up if they played football is meaningless. Yet, still much preferred to Colin Cowherd as many have already pointed out.

I'm not a Sylvester fan on the radio. He was an ok TV host (Duffy is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned) but this takes trainwreck radio into a new realm. I agree w/ the poster that said to can this show until the CBA is settled. The funny thing is, it fits perfect on GR. Bad show. Bad station.

They need to follow the lead of Hockey Central(FAN590 12-1PM), and go on hiatus every summer. Either get rid of the show completely until the lockout ends, or have Sylvester open the discussion to all sports.

Calling the show "painful" at this point, is an massive understatement!

Edited by LabattBlue

Just to be fair: On the other hand, blaming Sylvester is unfair, at least right now. Look, I'm not exactly high on him (read through this thread or any other thread in which he's mentioned), but in this particular instance, he's been asked to perform unreasonably. He can't make something out of nothing every day.

Just to be fair: On the other hand, blaming Sylvester is unfair, at least right now. Look, I'm not exactly high on him (read through this thread or any other thread in which he's mentioned), but in this particular instance, he's been asked to perform unreasonably. He can't make something out of nothing every day.

Yea it's definitely not his fault at this point, he was just dealt a terrible hand.

Yeah, I heard on WGR yesterday that there was a pre-season game originally scheduled this week (don't remember when exactly), so they should be deep in to player/team discussion at this point. I was surprised that they started it so early in the off-season, but they had Steve Ott on right after the trade and the prospects during the camp, so there was stuff to cover. It's just too bad that everything died as soon as it became clear that they weren't getting the new CBA done in time.

It's not like the lockout has caused a drop in the quality of the show. It has been a piss poor endeavor right from the start.

I also have to say that John Murphy may be the second most boring personality on Buffalo Sports Talk Radio. Having employees of the sports teams host radio shows just doesn't work.

It's not like the lockout has caused a drop in the quality of the show. It has been a piss poor endeavor right from the start.

I also have to say that John Murphy may be the second most boring personality on Buffalo Sports Talk Radio. Having employees of the sports teams host radio shows just doesn't work.

For those who share my (low) opinion of Schopp and the Bulldog, having non-team employees doesn't work either :P

• 2 weeks later...

The show could work and I really liked it when it started or when hockey was still relevant but until the lockout ends theres nothing to talk about.

They could talk about the amerks and in my mind would rock but right now they are farting in the wind.

Until the lockout ends I'm going to stop listen.

Also ink I agree I can't f$&&ing wait until Friday night.

Edited by sabres13

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.