The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Talent with work ethic should be the formula. Aye?

Yup... which is why I like Hodgson and why I like Monahan and also I have heard that Lindholm works hard as well. I don't want Erne because his effort is questioned. I am sick of guys who are lazy and talented.

Terry mentions Girgensons and Larsson as guys who work hard. Specifically says no one works harder than Zemgus and he won't let anyone outwork him.

"Ron didn't give us much choice last year after he came in" on the coach search.

"Ron is a teacher, there is going to be more young players coming in. You are going to have your veteran leadership and then these young hard workers coming in."

Edited by LGR4GM

So....some questions answered...

1) Darcy was a puppet for the previous ownership, or as Pegula said, "Sometimes someone is holding the painter's hand"

2) Pegula admitted he talks to Darcy more than his wife and that decisions are made as a group

3) The Sabres have thrown tons of money at top FA's but people don't want to come to Buffalo

4) The Sabres did not have an extensive search for coach as Pegula felt Rolston did well and had his roster gutted so he deserves a fair shot

5) Pegula wants Miller/Vanek here but sounds as if they don't want to be here

On a positive note he said they will focus on hard workers #1. He also seems to enjoy being able to spend money and doesn't care what others think....that bodes well for buyouts, trades, etc.

He really takes a combative, defensive, and excuse ridden tone almost every time he talks about the team. He loosened up as the interview went on....but it is a trend for sure.

So who asked these questions, it is all from the hosts right?

Yep, mostly Kevin....Dumb Dumb was pretty quiet. No callers.

ICYMI, Sabres owner Terry Pegula discusses Darcy Regier, Thomas Vanek, Ryan Miller: http://www.wgr550.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=6423447

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So....some questions answered...

1) Darcy was a puppet for the previous ownership, or as Pegula said, "Sometimes someone is holding the painter's hand"

2) Pegula admitted he talks to Darcy more than his wife and that decisions are made as a group

3) The Sabres have thrown tons of money at top FA's but people don't want to come to Buffalo

4) The Sabres did not have an extensive search for coach as Pegula felt Rolston did well and had his roster gutted so he deserves a fair shot

5) Pegula wants Miller/Vanek here but sounds as if they don't want to be here

On a positive note he said they will focus on hard workers #1. He also seems to enjoy being able to spend money and doesn't care what others think....that bodes well for buyouts, trades, etc.

He really takes a combative, defensive, and excuse ridden tone almost every time he talks about the team. He loosened up as the interview went on....but it is a trend for sure.

So, in fact, he is a meddler. Pretty much by his own admission.

Seems like the trial is over. And we can save the tax payers of NY a lot of $.

Sabres Development Camp

Friday July 12, 3PM open doors

Scrimmage at 4PM

Season ticket holders are free admission, $10 for everyone else

10,000 Maniacs concert at Canalside, free for STH after the scrimmage

fireworks after the show

Sabres Development Camp

Friday July 12, 3PM open doors

Scrimmage at 4PM

Season ticket holders are free admission, $10 for everyone else

10,000 Maniacs concert at Canalside, free for STH after the scrimmage

fireworks after the show

Small correction here. They're calling it "SABRES SUMMER FAN FEST". It ends the week long Development Camp.

How about a jersey with "SUFFER" on the nameplate and ∞ as the number? Get a Stanley Cup ring with "suffer-ring since 1971" inscribed on the collage of slug and screaming goat head logos.

:lol:

Pegula in front of an open mic = disaster. Just not his thing.

^^^ Could not agree more. I would prefer if he spoke through a translater. :rolleyes:

His support for Regier didn't seem *that* solid. He must have expected that Regier would have been the first topic of discussion - but he was hesitant, stumbled for words, etc.... He couldn't seem to point to any highlights of Regier's actual performance that make Darcy the man for the job.

I have the feeling Regier is on very thin ice - only slightly thicker than the ice that Ruff was standing upon in February.

Edited by Jsixspd

His support for Regier didn't seem *that* solid. He must have expected that Regier would have been the first topic of discussion - but he was hesitant, stumbled for words, etc.... He couldn't seem to point to any highlights of Regier's actual performance that make Darcy the man for the job.

I have the feeling Regier is on very thin ice - only slightly thicker than the ice that Ruff was standing upon in February.

But what has he (Darcy) done wrong? :devil:

But what has he (Darcy) done wrong? :devil:

Didn't sign Briere or Drury then let them walk for nothing. Ignored drafting a center or acquiring a center until literally the last year. Falsely believed Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek, Ryan Miller, and Jochen Hecht could win a cup as a team. Signed Tyler Myers to a contract worth double the way he has played which is a hold over from him losing other players in UFA. Signed stafford based off of 1 decent season to more money than he is worth. Has failed to effectively build a team but instead keeps bring in supporting players without a legitimate core in place.

Thanks for the link.

Boy, I like Friedman a lot, but man he can talk for 10 minutes without really saying anything.

So are you talking to a boy or a man?

Signed stafford based off of 1 decent season to more money than he is worth.

Is it fair for you and I to rip Darcy for that contract? We both supported it at the time, even though it's obviously a terrible contract.

Didn't sign Briere or Drury then let them walk for nothing. Ignored drafting a center or acquiring a center until literally the last year. Falsely believed Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek, Ryan Miller, and Jochen Hecht could win a cup as a team. Signed Tyler Myers to a contract worth double the way he has played which is a hold over from him losing other players in UFA. Signed stafford based off of 1 decent season to more money than he is worth. Has failed to effectively build a team but instead keeps bring in supporting players without a legitimate core in place.

Too bad TPegs didn't take callers questions....You could have provided this answer for him as that was his question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.