The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Duffer.

Without having listened, I'm not surprised that's the answer. Best off-ice acquisition of 2011.

I hadn't noticed on his resume that he's been doing lacrosse play-by-play off and on since 2001. He excels at everything he's been asked to do on-air, and I thought a lack of practice was the only barrier holding him back from working in the Sabres booth as a color guy, but that's not the case. He could be the new Jim Lorentz.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Darcy: "It seems to be moving toward a bigger man's league ... I do think that there's a shift in that general direction over what we saw coming out of ... you know, maybe ... not this lockout, but the previous lockout."

Moving toward? A shift? Since the last lockout ... eight years ago?!

Hey Darcy ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hope we get something more than softball questions and Harbor Center talk:

@JeremyWGR

Quite interested in the 10 o'clock start to @SabresHotline today. Terry Pegula to join Kevin and Andrew. Your question for him?

What do the third jerseys look like?

Do you see Harrington in your dreams?

Will you go after Briere/Richards?

Will Level 2 300's get cupholders?

What do you think of cold fusion?

Do these guys broadcast from the arena? What time does the Sabres Store open?.......I suddenly have the urge to purchase a Sabres magnet for $1.99

Oh, and where can I rent a weasel suit on short notice???

Opens at ten. They're in the store.

Do these guys broadcast from the arena? What time does the Sabres Store open?.......I suddenly have the urge to purchase a Sabres magnet for $1.99

Right inside the Sabres store they broadcast. As for the weasel suit... Fredrick's of Hollywood?

You know who I miss? Screamin' Weasel and his fighting robot avatars.

Hmmm, coincidence?"

@DaveDavisHockey

Terry Pegula & Ted Black will be speaking on the air today, one day before Sabres season ticket invoice payments are due.

@BNHarrington

Hmmm. TPeg on #Sabres State Run Radio? Aren't season tix bills due? Could simply be marking anniversary of show. He was 1st guest I think.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You're supposed to be the voice of reason...not the one to encourage a trainwreck....... :angel:

Maybe I'll drop by and try to order a personalised jersey with the number 00 and "SUFFER" for the nameplate

How about a jersey with "SUFFER" on the nameplate and ∞ as the number? Get a Stanley Cup ring with "suffer-ring since 1971" inscribed on the collage of slug and screaming goat head logos.

Would someone transcribe what's being said? I can't listen until 11am.

Basically... They go after all UFA's they think will improve the team but sometimes the guys don't want to come to Buffalo. Also he wants Vanek and Miller signed but they have a choice and he didn't say it directly but implied they may not want to stay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.