Round one Pick #12: Mikhail Grigorenko: Signed

spndnchz

I don't expect him to make the team because Darcy adds a top line forward.

He gets an early season taste, goes to the Q and rips it up in the second half of the season there, leading the Remparts on a good playoff run.

I expect a full year with the Sabres and a good one, split on wing and centre. I also would not be surpirised if he were a serious Calder candidate.

Just so long as you're not too disappointed if he isn't.

GO SABRES!!!

Dave Davis@DaveDavisHockey

Grigorenko gets the maximum ELC salary & sign bonus of $925,000 per season plus maximum Schedule A bonuses of $850,000 per season. #Sabres

Wow, why was Darcy 'working' on his contract for almost a month if we were going to pay him the max anyways? Now I know why DB and CD left :ph34r:

Good point.

What is everyone's expectations of Mihkail?

I expect him to be used sparingly, like Seguin. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits around 40 points, but thats all i expect to be honest. Someone who'll shine in his sophmore year me thinks.

He'll have 20 points in the first 30 games and then Lindy will put him on the 4th line.

My hope for this year is that player roles will be so well defined that Lindy wont have the option of constantly changing lines. He should be able to set one lineup and roll it all year long, knowing full well that these lines will develop chemistry if they stay together long enough.

Please god no more bipolar line assignments.

Just to put this in perspective, here is the list of 19 year old rookies who played a full year at the NHL level in recent seasons:

2011-2012

Landeskog: 22-30-52

Nugent-Hopkins: 18-34-52

Sean Couturier: 13-14-27

Adam Larsso:n 2-16-18 (Defenseman)

2010-2011

Jeff Skinner: 31-32-63

Taylor Hall: 22-20-42

Cam Fowler: 10-30-40 (Defenseman)

Tyler Seguin: 11-11-22

Alexander Burmistrov: 6-14-20

2009-2010

Matt Duchene: 24-31-55

John Tavares: 24-30-54

Evander Kane: 14-12-26

Ryan O-Reilly: 8-18-26

Victor Hedman: 4-16-20 (Defenseman)

So keep this in mind when making your predictions. 50 points would be exceptional.

He'll have 20 points in the first 30 games and then Lindy will put him on the 4th line.

If his offensive production is negated by his lack of commitment in the defensive zone, I can see Lindy doing just that.

GO SABRES!!!

My hope for this year is that player roles will be so well defined that Lindy wont have the option of constantly changing lines. He should be able to set one lineup and roll it all year long, knowing full well that these lines will develop chemistry if they stay together long enough.

Please god no more bipolar line assignments.

I hope you are right.

As stated I'm not a big fan of Ruff, although I do think he is a good coach, but maybe some of his line juggling could be attributed to all the injuries last season.

Archived