Round one Pick #12: Mikhail Grigorenko: Signed

spndnchz

I would like to see Pominville and Ott on Grigorenko's line if he makes the squad (and I think it is better than a coin flip that he does right now). That leaves a RW slot open that I don't want Tropp filling.

So you propose Pom on 3rd line RW? I can see why you'd want that but I'm hesitant as Pom was our best and most consistent scorer last season by a country mile. What about Gerbe? He had a decent rookie year, if not see if we can package him and a dman for Chimera from Washington, the speed on that guy scares me. Agree about Tropp, he should be on the 3rd or 4th line really.

I would like to see Pominville and Ott on Grigorenko's line if he makes the squad (and I think it is better than a coin flip that he does right now). That leaves a RW slot open that I don't want Tropp filling.

If that's what happens, then you'll see Leino with Van and Coho.

He's not a fourth liner and Tropp is.

I thought they paid Gergs a ton of money as well for a rookie deal. Does he have a shot at this team this season?

I'm sure if he plays like an animal in preseason there's always a chance, but I think it's highly unlikely. And while Girgensons did get a max base salary, the bonuses were significantly lower than what Grigorenko received.

So you propose Pom on 3rd line RW? I can see why you'd want that but I'm hesitant as Pom was our best and most consistent scorer last season by a country mile. What about Gerbe? He had a decent rookie year, if not see if we can package him and a dman for Chimera from Washington, the speed on that guy scares me. Agree about Tropp, he should be on the 3rd or 4th line really.

As it stands right now, the team is equipped to run three scoring lines, not two and a checking line. So the line numbers are really irrelevant. As for Gerbe, there's no room for him in the top-9....as is we're probably going to have to flip Vanek to the right side with all the LWs we have.

If that's what happens, then you'll see Leino with Van and Coho.

He's not a fourth liner and Tropp is.

This is what I expect if no other moves are made.

Gerbe is a reserve forward at this point. He's going to share time with McCormick, Tropp, and Scott IMO.

I doubt a severly undersized winger that is going to have trouble cracking the lineup of a team that just missed the playoffs is going to be a wanted part of a trade for a good player in return.

How's he gonna play hockey? He'd be whipped after all that.

It worked for Seguin, I know I use him as an example a lot but I think his a good model to follow, relying on him in his 1st season is not imho. At 18 I wouldn't have handled that well.

It wasn't a demand. He impressed the sabres at try outs and grigorenko stated how he was a great player and so on. That's what I heard from a friend that covers the amerks.

And no I'm not like that dumb a$$ hockey insiderr my source is a college friend who works a WHAM in Rochester.

It wasn't a demand. He impressed the sabres at try outs and grigorenko stated how he was a great player and so on. That's what I heard from a friend that covers the amerks.

And no I'm not like that dumb a$$ hockey insiderr my source is a college friend who works a WHAM in Rochester.

And I'm friends with Rachel Barnhart. So?

That's a pretty big statement. You need to back it up or not be believed.

All the source's in the world will not convince me that's true.

There's a huge gap between stating he hopes Roy makes the team and demanding he get a contract or else. This has "overblown" written all over it.

Archived