Round one Pick #12: Mikhail Grigorenko: Signed

spndnchz

i don't think this has been brought up yet, but the Sabre Grigs most closely compares to: Pierre Turgeon.

I've heard Rod Brind'Amour and Jonathan Toews, Never heard Turgeon mentioned with Grigs.

Just wondering if I know the rule correctly, if Grigorenko signs his entry level contract, he can NOT sign with Moscow, right? Unless we "loan" him for a season (if he doesnt make roster, or if theres a lockout) and if he does bail the NHL for KHL, he will be banned from the Olympic games? Right?

I think you're getting Grigs and Girgs confused. Girgensons is the rugged, straight line BrindAmour type. Grigorenko is the silky smooth, big talent with some intensity questions, most frequently compared to Jason Spezza.

To me, Grigs is like Turgeon - big, talented and able to put up buckets of points, but with a style that always leaves you wanting more.

I think even with a contract, he is free to play wherever he wants for the duration of the lockout, if there is one. But without a lockout, he goes where the Sabres send him.

And I've never heard of an Olympics ban.

I think you're getting Grigs and Girgs confused. Girgensons is the rugged, straight line BrindAmour type. Grigorenko is the silky smooth, big talent with some intensity questions, most frequently compared to Jason Spezza.

To me, Grigs is like Turgeon - big, talented and able to put up buckets of points, but with a style that always leaves you wanting more.

I think even with a contract, he is free to play wherever he wants for the duration of the lockout, if there is one. But without a lockout, he goes where the Sabres send him.

Great...we just got the Soviet version of Turgeon and Hogue.....

You're totally right.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/09/citing-radulov-iihf-enacts-stiff-penalties-in-contract-jumping-cases/

Great...we just got the Soviet version of Turgeon and Hogue.....

Not a problem if we can package them to the islanders for Tavares and Dave McLlwain.

Interesting. And nice to see as well.

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.

Here's a quick hit for you when you post something in the wrong place like that. Right next to the "edit" button that you hit to change your post there's one that says "delete". One or two steps later, the post magically disappears.

Unless you're on a phone. Then I have no idea what you see.

Is anyone else getting atleast a little concerned he isn't signed yet? The guy was in Town immidiately after the draft because DR wanted to get his contact figured out. That was 3 weeks ago.....

Not really. If he isn't signed by September 15th? Then I'll worry (and by worry, I mean freak out).

Archived