2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

The CUP presentation is the best in professional sports. I just love it and thought the Kings deserved it. I would still be this emotional if the Devils won it. I just love the presentation. BTW..has the cup been to Antarctica? If not, that is where I would take it. :)

The CUP presentation is the best in professional sports. I just love it and thought the Kings deserved it. I would still be this emotional if the Devils won it. I just love the presentation.

Agreed. Really puts the emphasis on it being a team effort.

These idiot people in LA didn't even know to boo Gary Bettman. I've been watching hockey for 4 years and I know that! Ugh.

Screw this. Happy for the team itself though.

Yeah, that definitely was out of the ordinary. But not only did they not boo him, they even collectively did the group Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuc after Gary gave them the cue. Strange times, strange times.

I hope Darcy can see everything clearly: this is what it takes to win. Big, fast, relentless hockey, slick defense, and tireless work ethic. Build us the team we all know we need.

I'm with ya there. Thats the makeup of the team I want. Make it so Darcy. PULEASE !

Yeah, that definitely was out of the ordinary. But not only did they not boo him, they even collectively did the group Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuc after Gary gave them the cue. Strange times, strange times.

Eh, I hope someday we're too wrapped up celebrating to boo Bettman as well.

I'm with ya there. Thats the makeup of the team I want. Make it so Darcy. PULEASE !

I always thought it was just me, that it was my mind playing tricks on me. That the Sabres weren't that bad. But I look at the Kings (and the Devils) and I see what it looks like to play like a winner. It confirms I'm not seeing things, that the Sabres as a team really do seem to be a step behind, that the effort needed to win isn't there when it should be.

The Kings have proven I'm not crazy. And I won't doubt myself anymore when I watch the Sabres. I know what a good effort looks like and I want to see it in Blue and Gold.

Loved the game and loved watchin Quick lift both the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup. Jonathan Quick was a force throughout the playoffs going 16-4 and only allowing more than 2 goals twice in 20 games. He went into the game with: 1.43 goals against average and a .946 save percentage which was 3rd best EVER in the history of the sport. My hats off to my favorite NHL goaltender and I hope he continues to play excellent and can backstop the USA in 2014. To Jonathan Quick, one hell of a goaltender... :beer:

me too.

Touche.

I always thought it was just me, that it was my mind playing tricks on me. That the Sabres weren't that bad. But I look at the Kings (and the Devils) and I see what it looks like to play like a winner. It confirms I'm not seeing things, that the Sabres as a team really do seem to be a step behind, that the effort needed to win isn't there when it should be.

The Kings have proven I'm not crazy. And I won't doubt myself anymore when I watch the Sabres. I know what a good effort looks like and I want to see it in Blue and Gold.

If the Sabres had the 'heart type' leadership that they've lacked since 7/1/7, (2 forwards is what it takes) they could be there. Hopefully this off-season they get those pieces. Hopefully they move forward rather than rearrange deck chairs this off-season.

Congrats to Lombardi for getting the right pieces together in a nick of time.

If it was sabres vs devils i would feel it was a toss up who won the series. If it was the sabres vs the kings its clearly a landslide win for the kings but then again wasnt it that way all thru the playoffs for them?

About the only things I have taken away from this playoffs is get in and it could happen, get a goalie that is riding a hotstreak, find some bottom roster offense. So really nothing new

I think the Sabres were riding hot enough in the last couple months there that if we got into the playoffs, we just might have been the team to go on the run instead of the Devils.

Sure we don't have the perfect makeup as it stands RIGHT now, but in my very short time watching hockey I've noticed that damn, anything can happen in this sport.

If it was sabres vs devils i would feel it was a toss up who won the series. If it was the sabres vs the kings its clearly a landslide win for the kings but then again wasnt it that way all thru the playoffs for them?

About the only things I have taken away from this playoffs is get in and it could happen, get a goalie that is riding a hotstreak, find some bottom roster offense. So really nothing new

I think the Sabres were riding hot enough in the last couple months there that if we got into the playoffs, we just might have been the team to go on the run instead of the Devils.

Sure we don't have the perfect makeup as it stands RIGHT now, but in my very short time watching hockey I've noticed that damn, anything can happen in this sport.

My biggest fear is that Darcy believes this as well.

My biggest fear is that Darcy believes this as well.

People want to believe that the Sabres have talent that matches the Kings and Devils. This goes back to the fans looking at the Kings and Devils as #6 & #8 seeds when their talent clearly goes beyond that. There will be teams selling "anything can happen, look at the #6 & #8 seed."

Congrats to the Kings, they played outstanding in the playoffs.

People want to believe that the Sabres have talent that matches the Kings and Devils. This goes back to the fans looking at the Kings and Devils as #6 & #8 seeds when their talent clearly goes beyond that. There will be teams selling "anything can happen, look at the #6 & #8 seed."

Congrats to the Kings, they played outstanding in the playoffs.

"Just get in and anything can happen" only works when you have a larger, more physical, more talented team that has underachieved in the regular season. It doesn't work when you have a team that looks and skates like the local Broadway Bound dance studio for teenage girls, a team that has to play above itself just to get in.

As to the game, I think Adam Oates has to take some blame for that loss last night. Rewatching it this morning, he really lost his ch!t on the bench and I think it affected the players.

I loved the way LA played in the playoffs.

The played hard and intense hockey. The controlled every of their opponents and earned the stanley cup.

Their players really lived up to their potential and exceededit partialy. Quick was a monster, but also Brown, Doughty, Kopitar, Richards and Carter played fine hockey.

I am happy that i saw the Stanley cup champion in Berlin last October, of course i am sad that not our Sabres won it.

Now we have to wait what will happen until the draft and the free agency signing period.

"Just get in and anything can happen" only works when you have a larger, more physical, more talented team that has underachieved in the regular season. It doesn't work when you have a team that looks and skates like the local Broadway Bound dance studio for teenage girls, a team that has to play above itself just to get in.

As to the game, I think Adam Oates has to take some blame for that loss last night. Rewatching it this morning, he really lost his ch!t on the bench and I think it affected the players.

That was huge. If the Devils coaches had maintained composure then I don't think we see players like Sykora taking stupid penalties. They needed to calm their team down and they didn't.

About that, although quick's regular season numbers (1.95gaa and .929sv%) are lower than his playoff numbers (1.41gaa .946sv%) I feel as though it was not simply a hot streak but an elevation of his and his teams game in the playoffs. Basically it seems Quick was hot all year and is the only reason his team even made the playoffs.

About that, although quick's regular season numbers (1.95gaa and .929sv%) are lower than his playoff numbers (1.41gaa .946sv%) I feel as though it was not simply a hot streak but an elevation of his and his teams game in the playoffs. Basically it seems Quick was hot all year and is the only reason his team even made the playoffs.

That's why he's the best in the game right now. And his somewhat unorthodox style combined with being young and in great shape helps. They asked him during the cup ceremony if he would recommend his style to young players trying to mimic him and he said that it'd give physical therapists a lot more business.

He's not a normal goalie. He's big and heavy, but athletic. He's able to crouch and get very low without dropping completely to the butterfly, which makes it hard for shooters to read.

The end result for him will probably be a shorter career because his body won't stand up to his style of play for very long. But he's already got a Cup at 26, so I think he'll file that under "worth it".

Guest Sloth

Loved the game and loved watchin Quick lift both the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup. Jonathan Quick was a force throughout the playoffs going 16-4 and only allowing more than 2 goals twice in 20 games. He went into the game with: 1.43 goals against average and a .946 save percentage which was 3rd best EVER in the history of the sport. My hats off to my favorite NHL goaltender and I hope he continues to play excellent and can backstop the USA in 2014. To Jonathan Quick, one hell of a goaltender... :beer:

me too.

Quick is insanely good. Is it wrong to say he is the next Marty Brodeur? What makes things a little ironic is Quick beat Brodeur in the Stanely Cup Finals. You could say the "torch" was passed from Marty to Jonathan last night.

The good old US of A has been producing some of the better goaltenders in the NHL and arguably the world in the latest generation of hockey players. Something to be excited about.

I was able to watch all of about four periods of the last two rounds, but I have to say, I'm happy Edmonton South won, very excited for Quick in 2014, and I'm wondering why Steve Bernier didn't get the Conn Smythe award, from what I've read this morning.

Back to work...

Archived