Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I'll just say that Xanadu... especially the intro... was by far my favorite part. Also, wouldn't have guessed it, but Lakeside Park was the one stuck in my head this morning.

Jacobs Ladder just blew me away. That show was the perfect blend of deeper cuts and hits that you wanted to hear one last time before they ride off into the sunset.

All this talk of Rush made me realize that it has been 12 or 13 years since I went to one of their shows.  I visited my brother in San Antonio that year and right as I got off the plane, he said "hey, I've got Rush tickets for tonight".  So that was definitely an unexpected show.  You have to love that they're still out there playing shows.  I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and I hope that they'll do the same for another 20 years (they seem to be the types who will).

I'll just say that Xanadu... especially the intro... was by far my favorite part.

It was the double necks that did it.

Jacobs Ladder just blew me away. That show was the perfect blend of deeper cuts and hits that you wanted to hear one last time before they ride off into the sunset.

Agreed.

Sounds like Buffalo got the same version B setlist that I saw in Greensboro. 

There are apparently three variations of the setlist for this (final) tour.

It was the double necks that did it.

Agreed.

There are apparently three variations of the setlist for this (final) tour.

And rumor still has it that they will be adding Losing It to the Toronto shows that will be recorded for release.  They played it again at soundcheck yesterday so it's going to show up sometime, likely with the accompanying strings for that and hopefully other songs.

Lyrically at least it's an appropriate song to play as they wind things down...

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies

But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be

Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it

For you, the blind who once could see

The bell tolls for thee.

I loved the set changes as much as the music, it gave me chills. Everything did really. As mentioned above, Jacob's Ladder and Xanadu were nailed. Peart was amazing, the videos were amazing and mesmerizing, and playing Cygnus was my favorite part. I got tears in my eyes when the natural harmonics guitar part started. If I had the money I'd be up in Toronto when they play there.

I don't go to a lot of concerts and I haven't seen enough bands live to really be able to judge how good a concert is with a critic's eye. All I can say is I will remember last night for the rest of my life.

I wept. I literally wept. That show was AWESOME!

Now that's awesome.  Every girl I ever dated was on the spectrum from despising to barely tolerating Rush, thankfully my wife tolerates them, and therefore she knew better than to get me a ticket to the Taylor Swift concert in Raleigh the other night. :)

We're taking the whole fam to Rush out here in July. I've been trying *super* hard to avoid set lists, but I know a couple of songs that have been played. Based upon those, I'm hoping that the set list holds for our show. Specifically, Jacob's Ladder. That's been in my top 5 Rush songs since the late 80s.

We're taking the whole fam to Rush out here in July. I've been trying *super* hard to avoid set lists, but I know a couple of songs that have been played. Based upon those, I'm hoping that the set list holds for our show. Specifically, Jacob's Ladder. That's been in my top 5 Rush songs since the late 80s.

I think there's a 1 in 3 chance you'll get that song. In all events: They will *not* disappoint.

Well it took even longer than getting into the RnR HOF, but Rush finally made the cover of Rolling Stone.  It's a pretty good article.  I assumed it was mainly Neil's health issues and family that was driving them to scale back, but it sounds like Alex has some pretty serious health issues of his own.

post-61-0-58986600-1434544145_thumb.jpg

From Rush With Love

• 3 weeks later...

I looking for some suggestions on albums to listen to. I've been frustrated with the music being released these days so I have been looking to the 50's, 60's & 70's for music. I've been listening to Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, the Beatles, early Steve Miller Band, Cat Stevens, Marvin Gaye,  John Coltrane & early Led Zeppelin. Right now I have a rotation of Stevie Wonder's 'Songs in the Key of Life', Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and the Yardbird's 'Roger the Engineer' on the iPod. Any and all suggestions would be welcome.   

Not a "concert" but more of a festival kind of thing, we'll be going to the Big Blues Bender in Vegas this coming September. Three + days with 40 National and Internationaly known Blues artists performing in a pretty intimate setting.

We've been on a couple of 7-day Blues Cruises in the past but this is shorter in duration and a lot less expensive. And the immersion into the music and the people is a great experience.

If you are a Blues fan like I am, this should be an awesome trip.

Tony.

Edited by Tony P

Tonight will be the hat trick of the Fare Thee Well Grateful Dead shows.  Flew to Santa Clara las t weekend for Saturday nights show. That will be it for me for awhile.  What a long strange trip its been. 

I looking for some suggestions on albums to listen to. I've been frustrated with the music being released these days so I have been looking to the 50's, 60's & 70's for music. I've been listening to Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, the Beatles, early Steve Miller Band, Cat Stevens, Marvin Gaye,  John Coltrane & early Led Zeppelin. Right now I have a rotation of Stevie Wonder's 'Songs in the Key of Life', Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and the Yardbird's 'Roger the Engineer' on the iPod. Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

I got my father the Beatles box set for father's day. I've never been really into them but the remastered tracks are really really good.

I know there are a lot of younger people on this board, but it really is sad that rock and roll is taking a beating in today's messed up world of music. And obviously everyone knows my favourite band but this is what it's all about.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/11715951/ACDC-Wembley-Stadium-review-forever-rocking-forever-Young.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.