Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

In ther past month: Ed Kowalzcyk (from Live), Iron Maiden and the farewell show from Spirit of the West, whose frontman is fading fast from early-onset Alzheimer's.

What??!! Man that sucks. I love Spirit of the West and saw them a few times back in the day at the Tralf. It kinda shines a new and extra sad light on their song Unplugged.

What??!! Man that sucks. I love Spirit of the West and saw them a few times back in the day at the Tralf. It kinda shines a new and extra sad light on their song Unplugged.

Put a lump in my throat when he sang it.

Had an iPad on his Mike stand to keep him focused on the lyrics and every band member had his back to help him make it through.

Probably the most emotional concert I've been to.

Edited by dudacek

I pulled the trigger today on tickets to take the family to see Bruce Springsteen on Monday night. Pretty psyched.

I decided the other day that next time he's in town I'm going. I'm not the biggest Boss fan, but he's on that list of "shows you should see" for me. Plus I'm sure I know every freaking song.

Dead Kennedys June 21st at the Town ballroom. I'm really considering it. My best friend is going. Could be a damn good time.

I had no idea those guys were still together. I don't think they've put out an album since Bedtime for Democracy back in the mid 80's. I still remember Jello Biafra running for the Green Party back in 2000 when he lost to Ralph Nader. His platform consisted of two planks: abolish the military and legalize all drugs. Pretty short stump speech at the convention but entertaining.

You should definitely go.

Edited by Drunkard

I had no idea those guys were still together. I don't think they've put out an album since Bedtime for Democracy back in the mid 80's. I still remember Jello Biafra running for the Green Party back in 2000 when he lost to Ralph Nader. His platform consisted of two planks: abolish the military and legalize all drugs. Pretty short stump speech at the convention but entertaining.

You should definitely go.

haha yeah, I was kinda like... Oh, a tribute band, right? ...no? Oh.

Looks like I'm grabbing an electronica show in Toronto this weekend. Hybrid. I admit I don't know them that well, but I've always liked the late 90s electronica better than the current EDM stuff and they seem to have stuck to their original aesthetic... get to alt out a bit this weekend. If not that, we'll dig up some punk or metal bar and watch some locals scream their heads off. 

Looks like I'm grabbing an electronica show in Toronto this weekend. Hybrid. I admit I don't know them that well, but I've always liked the late 90s electronica better than the current EDM stuff and they seem to have stuck to their original aesthetic... get to alt out a bit this weekend. If not that, we'll dig up some punk or metal bar and watch some locals scream their heads off. 

Meanwhile I'll be in the thriving metropolis of Remsen, NY, population 508, hanging out with my buddy Mitch and his Americana band The Old Main at their album release party. Talk about completely opposite ends of the spectrum.  :lol: 

Edited by d4rksabre

I have no idea what electronica is unless it's something like Prodigy or that techno type dance music they play at clubs. I'm a dive bar with a juke box that serves mass produced yellow corn water beers type of guy though so I've usually avoided dance clubs like the plague.

I can't recommend DK enough though. I like them the way NS likes the Clash. Well maybe not that much but close.

I have no idea what electronica is unless it's something like Prodigy or that techno type dance music they play at clubs. I'm a dive bar with a juke box that serves mass produced yellow corn water beers type of guy though so I've usually avoided dance clubs like the plague.

I can't recommend DK enough though. I like them the way NS likes the Clash. Well maybe not that much but close.

You're pretty close with the Prodigy, honestly. I don't go clubbing anymore, but if I do, it's the goth club, and that's the kinda stuff they play. 

I like my dive bars too. Country to metal and nearly everything in between. I'll go to pretty much any concert and enjoy it. 

I decided the other day that next time he's in town I'm going. I'm not the biggest Boss fan, but he's on that list of "shows you should see" for me. Plus I'm sure I know every freaking song.

It was a great night. I think everyone who's even a little interested should see him once.

• 1 month later...