GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

i just watched the game on the game center.

It was a huge game. All lines scored, Ennis, Stafford and Foligno did some magic, and Vanek is running hot again. It is nice to have some lines who have some chemistry together.

We did not allowed many quality chances, few of the 46 shots were really dangerous.

But now we must go on again and win some more games.

Thank you Buffalo, I love you!

So the Pomers-OV thing. Do you think the reason that OV couldn't catch up to Pomers was that they were double shifting OV last game and this? Might that one not be on the coach?

Even so, he should have hauled him down. That one is on OV.

Am I the only puss that was welling up watching the third period last night? (okay I was drunk) I love this team. (i can't believe i said that)

My impression of the third period is the Caps were flailing ineffectively and eventually just gave up. They were pathetic. The Sabres did their part by playing a full 60 minutes, but the Caps just came unglued functionally. The last 5 minutes, they knew they were beat and accepted it, "like a puppy that just got slapped." (That last quote was posted by a Caps fan on their forum.)

It's nice being the team on the other end of that for a change, but I really didn't see it as a singular moment.

My impression of the third period is the Caps were flailing ineffectively and eventually just gave up. They were pathetic. The Sabres did their part by playing a full 60 minutes, but the Caps just came unglued functionally. The last 5 minutes, they knew they were beat and accepted it, "like a puppy that just got slapped." (That last quote was posted by a Caps fan on their forum.)

It's nice being the team on the other end of that for a change, but I really didn't see it as a singular moment.

Like Pominville said, they took their will away. When the Sabres scored goal number 2, I had a feeling they were going to stomp the life out of the Caps, but it wasn't until Pommer's shorty that I knew it. The Caps just seemed overwhelmed most of the night, and it was great seeing the Sabres do that to them.

Am I the only puss that was welling up watching the third period last night? (okay I was drunk) I love this team. (i can't believe i said that)

I do too, but I need them to beat a tough, experienced team in a tight, high-pressure situation before I believe. The Sabres showed up for a big game, and they should be commended for that, but they didn't have to do it against a quality opponent. That Caps team last night bore more than a passing resemblence to the team that completely mailed it in to get their prior coach fired.

I do too, but I need them to beat a tough, experienced team in a tight, high-pressure situation before I believe.

The West Coast swing in the beginning of March? The Rangers last Friday? I mean, look at the wounds in the Sabres side and BELIEVE-UH! The SABRES ARE RISEN! THEY ARE RISEN INDEED!

The West Coast swing in the beginning of March? The Rangers last Friday? I mean, look at the wounds in the Sabres side and BELIEVE-UH! The SABRES ARE RISEN! THEY ARE RISEN INDEED!

Hopefully your last 2 sentences are correct. I think many here won't believe it to be the case if they aren't playing in the 2nd round. They won't have that game against a non-flawed team playing for as much as the Sabres are until the playoffs begin.

The Pens going for 1st overall, the Loafs taking time out of vacation scheduling, the Phlyers going for home ice vs Joisey, and the B's playing for #2 won't exhibit the same level of desperation the Sabres have been playing with for over a month.

I do too, but I need them to beat a tough, experienced team in a tight, high-pressure situation before I believe. The Sabres showed up for a big game, and they should be commended for that, but they didn't have to do it against a quality opponent. That Caps team last night bore more than a passing resemblence to the team that completely mailed it in to get their prior coach fired.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2012032313

Mine was that Vanek shot. "He shoots, where the frig the puck go? It's in the net! It's in the net!" Wooohooo!

Maybe the Pommer steal and goal too. We all stood up in the room and did the arrested dance like Pommers.

Hopefully your last 2 sentences are correct. I think many here won't believe it to be the case if they aren't playing in the 2nd round. They won't have that game against a non-flawed team playing for as much as the Sabres are until the playoffs begin.

The Pens going for 1st overall, the Loafs taking time out of vacation scheduling, the Phlyers going for home ice vs Joisey, and the B's playing for #2 won't exhibit the same level of desperation the Sabres have been playing with for over a month.

This.

Mine was that Vanek shot. "He shoots, where the frig the puck go? It's in the net! It's in the net!" Wooohooo!

Maybe the Pommer steal and goal too. We all stood up in the room and did the arrested dance like Pommers.

If the Sabres have a good rest of the year, including playoffs, this will be the play of the regular season. (And if they don't it will be Lucic-Miller.)

"We took their will away."

--Jason Pominville. http://sports.yahoo....BHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

When is the last time a Sabre said something so dominant? Awesome.

It reminds me of something wjag said a while back. If the other team scores a shortie on you, you don't deserve to win.

We shouldn't call him OV, imo. That's a solid beer for a good price, imo. Don't give it a bad name please.

:lol: PRICELESS!!! :thumbsup:

So the Pomers-OV thing. Do you think the reason that OV couldn't catch up to Pomers was that they were double shifting OV last game and this? Might that one not be on the coach?

He's always double shifted. That team's a one trick pony.

Archived