GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

Am I the only puss that was welling up watching the third period last night? (okay I was drunk) I love this team. (i can't believe i said that)

You're definitely not alone. For me, it's how excited RJ gets when the stakes get so high and he's calling the game. Like the first Stafford goal. When he jammed home his own rebound I yelled as if I was falling down a flight of stairs. And Rick just added to the emotion.

Then when Pommer scored the shorty, wow, I was a quivering idiot.

You'll find that all over the league, except for the cities with too much hubris to find fault with their own. (Boston and Manhattan come to mind.)

I don't disagree, but I take delight in pointing out the fun that comes with seeing other team's media blasting their team.

I love being double shifted. Wait. ###### we're not talking about hockey anymore, are we?

I was wondering too, but thought Chz might be on the prudish side. After all, a few months ago she said she would post naked pictures of herself if anyone else would post pictures of themselves. Hey, check out my avatar. I took the challenge.

http://capegazette.v...-choking/801826

This could have been written by Jerry Sullivan

Haha. I was chatting with a Caps fan at the bar during the game last night. It was such a sad goodbye: "Good luck with that apartment hunt, and the Caps catching Ottawa" -- "Yeah, well, it's DC sports.. we'll blow it..." I felt bad, he was just bending over and taking it, no hope at all.

I havent gone thru this thread yet but am curious...anyone think Brouwer's knee on knee with Ehrhoff was an intentional? Brouwer seemed to walk off fine and was able to deck Ennis later...he's been known to pick up a major penalty or two.

I was wondering too, but thought Chz might be on the prudish side. After all, a few months ago she said she would post naked pictures of herself if anyone else would post pictures of themselves. Hey, check out my avatar. I took the challenge.

So did 716.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate seeing this topic bumped.... we were all so excited and enthusiastic..... things went to ###### in a friggin' hurry, didn't they? That night we had a two point lead and controlled our destiny. 9 days later, we're eliminated. 11 days later, we're giving Boston a 'tune up match' - I think that's how ESPN referred to yesterday's game. :( .

The last week has been one big time face-palm moment for the Sabres.

Archived