GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

This is their biggest test since game 7 vs. Philly. I think this game can fairly be seen as a crossroads -- if they lose, they're probably out of the playoffs, and a significant revamp in the offseason becomes much more likely. If they win, the playoffs are more likely than not to occur, which gives them a shot at winning a round, and that will affect the way they approach the offseason.

Have they turned a corner? Are we going to see a focused, determined effort that includes sharp goaltending, tenacious D AND timely scoring? Or will it be same-old, same-old?

That's why they play the games, innit?

Go Sabres.

This is their biggest test since game 7 vs. Philly. I think this game can fairly be seen as a crossroads -- if they lose, they're probably out of the playoffs, and a significant revamp in the offseason becomes much more likely. If they win, the playoffs are more likely than not to occur, which gives them a shot at winning a round, and that will affect the way they approach the offseason.

Have they turned a corner? Are we going to see a focused, determined effort that includes sharp goaltending, tenacious D AND timely scoring? Or will it be same-old, same-old?

That's why they play the games, innit?

Go Sabres.

Based on our remaining schedule, I hereby agree with labeling this game as a "must win." Despite how well the team has played as of late, I'm not sure if they can be counted on to win the majority of six games vs Washington, Pittsburgh, Toronto x2, Philadelphia, and Boston. That is downright brutal.

Based on our remaining schedule, I hereby agree with labeling this game as a "must win." Despite how well the team has played as of late, I'm not sure if they can be counted on to win the majority of six games vs Washington, Pittsburgh, Toronto x2, Philadelphia, and Boston. That is downright brutal.

Not saying I'm believing this, but I offer it for food for thought. During the Ottawa - Winnipeg game last night, the Ottawa broadcast team offered that the Sabres may not lose another regular season game. Yeah their nervous in Ottawa...

Hopefully, Pitts, Philly and Boston will have clinched by then, that changes everything.

Hopefully, Pitts, Philly and Boston will have clinched by then, that changes everything.

Eh, it could change a little bit I suppose. I don't think teams are going to rest their entire lineup. All of those teams are deep enough that even if you rest one or two star players, they're dangerous. Pittsburgh, for one, will definitely be tough, because regardless of playoff positioning, they're going to want to keep getting Crosby acclimated and ready for playoffs.

Philly and Boston may be different stories, but as I said, still very deep and dangerous teams.

Anyway, here is my blog post about tonight's game if anybody is interested: http://www.thesportsbuff.com/?p=1273

This will get you in mood.

I will be touching down in Germany when the game starts. Thank God for the GR App.

Say a prayer to the baby Jesus and put Oven Chicken into the boards!

Give em' Hell Boys!

Guest Sloth

I know it's not a realistic comparison, but I'm feeling as if this game is as big as when the Sabres played the Rangers in Game 5 in round 2 of the 06/07 playoffs. Many felt who ever won that game was an almost guarantee winner of the series. I also like to compare this game to when Team USA played Team Vancouver to play in the gold medal game in the Vancouver Winter Olympics.

What gives me a huge amount of confidence in Ryan Miller are 2 major things. His recent level of play and the fact he did not roll over to the Rangers, Finland, and arguably the biggest one of all Team Canada. Miller stood on his head in pool play and in the gold medal game. He was THE reason Team USA did so well.

I feel the pressure is on the skaters, not Ryan Miller.

as someone who has suffered with my brothers and sisters for many many years, nothing is worse than living here. every year i listen and read about the caps winning the stanley cup. i am so over ovie and his rock star life. all i want tonight is a good old fashioned asswhupping. rocking my #42 jersey in section 105, behind miller for 2 periods. no red lights in front of me, just win baby.

as someone who has suffered with my brothers and sisters for many many years, nothing is worse than living here. every year i listen and read about the caps winning the stanley cup. i am so over ovie and his rock star life. all i want tonight is a good old fashioned asswhupping. rocking my #42 jersey in section 105, behind miller for 2 periods. no red lights in front of me, just win baby.

i think im in 107

Archived