GDT: Sabres at Ducks 2/29/2012 10PM

spndnchz

My take on the game:

I have no take. F'n 10pm starts on a weeknight.

I did see the 1st period. Hodgson looked like he'd been on a line with Ennis all season long. I liked the way he was crashing the net. But there was alot of wide open play with too many fast breaks coming back at Miller. Looked like it was going to be an entertaining last two periods.

Good win. The Sabres earned it team-wide, but Miller was the difference.

If Miller had played as well in the first half of the season as he's played in the last month, the Sabres would be comfortably in the #4-#5 slot in the EC.

19 games left. 14 wins gets them to 92 points. Washington is in the #8 slot right now and projects to finish with 90 points.

It's not impossible if Miller stays in the zone.

Go Sabres.

I thought the sabres third and 4th line looked lost at times. If Miller didn't play as well as he did we would never have won that game. Hodgson ennis and stafford looked good together. Roy has been playing well on the first line, but I still think that Hodgson should be on the first line with Ennis centering the second and roy the third. Just my opinion.

To everybody complaining about the late game, I want you to know I slept until 10 and got to work about 30 minutes ago. Making your own schedule is fantastic :D

Also, if Stafford were capable of hitting the net with any regularity on his chances, he'd be at 30 goals again.

Also, if Stafford were capable of hitting the net with any regularity on his chances, he'd be at 30 goals again.

Stafford almost looks like he's panicing when he's pressured in his own zone or the neutral zone and he just throws the puck out. He especially looked scared on that scoring chance up tight in front of Hiller. He "ole'd" the backhand deke and Hiller didn't bite at all. A combination of little hockey sense and no confidence. He'd be alright on the 3rd line but not at his contract.

Stafford almost looks like he's panicing when he's pressured in his own zone or the neutral zone and he just throws the puck out. He especially looked scared on that scoring chance up tight in front of Hiller. He "ole'd" the backhand deke and Hiller didn't bite at all. A combination of little hockey sense and no confidence. He'd be alright on the 3rd line but not at his contract.

I can't agree with this - he walked in alone, showed him the backhand like he was going across the goal mouth in an attempt to pull him off the near post, which worked, then went back to the forehand to try to put it up high which is a good play against a butterfly goalie like Hiller - he is hard to score on down low - the book on him is to go high, Staff just missed on his shot - He's skating pretty well and getting his chances - he just can't bury the puck. If he keeps playing with Hodge I think he will break through.

I can't agree with this - he walked in alone, showed him the backhand like he was going across the goal mouth in an attempt to pull him off the near post, which worked, then went back to the forehand to try to put it up high which is a good play against a butterfly goalie like Hiller - he is hard to score on down low - the book on him is to go high, Staff just missed on his shot - He's skating pretty well and getting his chances - he just can't bury the puck. If he keeps playing with Hodge I think he will break through.

This I agree with. He's been looking pretty good lately, just not being able to finish. I think Hodgson is definitely going to help his game.

Sorry to bring this all back into a GDT, but I did not start it and I have to address some of the later posts after I signed out last night.

It started with this post from Korab ...

He's a serb, not a cannibal.

To which I replied ...

I really don't know exactly what you are up too by calling me a Serb, but I will let it slide.

Anyone who has read my posts and knows any thing about me would recognize this as the ultimate in trolling. I will not bother to report it, as the mods probably would not recognize the nature of this kind of post.

My apologies to any Serbs on this board. I have many Serb friends, but also several close friends in Bosnia that had family killed in the war there, by Serbs.

Korab,

You have sunk lower than I even thought possible. Have a nice evening.

Ur not falling on deaf ears.

Thank you and I was not lobbying for a warning. Most people, on this board or not, likely would not recognize the extremely offensive nature of this post.

NS, I don't know your heritage.

But I think what korab meant w/ the cannibal reference was that "Team Storm Cloud" or whatever doesn't eat their own...

Not that it is really relevant, but my heritage is not Bosnian (by the way Bosnians are all slavs and , therefore Orthodox Christain originally, but many adopted Islam or Roman Catholism after the region came under different influences) it is Slovak and Austrian.

If you read my original reply to Korab my issue was not with the cannibalism joke, which I found very funny, it was with the Serb part.

He took another ethnic/religious shot at him the other day which involved his family.

This is 2x in a week.

Thank you for your support. This post is not really like that first one though.

That, and I can neither distinguish nor recognize the significance of the difference between a Serb and a Bosnian, if there is one. Sorry if the joke fell flat, but it was definitely TSC not eating their own. But it's nice to know we can now lobby for warm status.

I'm sorry Korab, but I just can't buy that you would not see your post as extremely offensive. I will give you that you cannot tell the difference between a Bosnian Serb, Bosnian Croat (Catholic) or a Bosnian Muslim. You are an educated man and must have some knowledge of what transpired in Bosnia in the early to mid 1990s. Also, while I am not Bosnian, I have not hidden the fact on this board that I am a Muslim. Nor have I hidden the fact that many of my good friends in Bosnia have suffered greatly as a result of the war. Entire families being killed, mothers being raped in front of their husbands and children, mass murder, genocide ...

Finally, it was not about the joke.

My feeling is you do not like me due to that incident back in November 2011. I have apologized for it. I'm sorry if this is wrong, but my take is that you are trying to have me react in such a way that I am banned, or that by the nature of your Serb post you are trying to make me leave the board.

Sorry for venting, but this is extremely hurtful and I needed to try to make the board understand that.

My thoughts:

Great first period but through the entire game Anaheim skated way better than Buffalo. They had some great chances and Miller was the main reason we won last night. However its gonna be even harder tonight as they face a "rested" Sharks.

my vote for Ehrhoff's new name is "Thor" .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Ger%C3%A4t

"Karl-Gerät" (040/041) (German literally "Karl-device"), also known as Thor and Mörser Karl, was a World War II German self-propelled siege mortar (Mörser) designed and built by Rheinmetall. It was the largest self-propelled weapon to see service..........AND NOW IT SHATTERS GLASS AT HOCKEY RINKS !!!!

my vote for Ehrhoff's new name is "Thor" .......

http://en.wikipedia....Karl-Ger%C3%A4t

"Karl-Gerät" (040/041) (German literally "Karl-device"), also known as Thor and Mörser Karl, was a World War II German self-propelled siege mortar (Mörser) designed and built by Rheinmetall. It was the largest self-propelled weapon to see service..........AND NOW IT SHATTERS GLASS AT HOCKEY RINKS !!!!

Sorry, but it was decided several pages up thread last evening that his name is "Das Morser."

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21034-gdt-sabres-at-ducks-2292012-10pm/page__view__findpost__p__369052

And that wasn't just any glass shatter. That was a glass shatter from center ice. That was damned impressive.

Yah! Das Morser!

GO SABRES!!!

Sorry, but it was decided several pages up thread last evening that his name is "Das Morser."

http://forums.sabres...post__p__369052

And that wasn't just any glass shatter. That was a glass shatter from center ice. That was damned impressive.

Yah! Das Morser!

GO SABRES!!!

Das Morser 'the mortars', not a cannon! (pendant alert!)

Archived