GDT: Sabres at Ducks 2/29/2012 10PM

spndnchz

Not looking forward to work tomorrow, but glad I watched this one. That was fun, and I'm digging what I've seen so far from Hodgson.

I don't see any way there can't be unless they changed that rule

It somehow didn't apply to Chara in the playoffs 2 (?) years ago.

On a physical note....Anaheim and Buffalo have a history of not liking one another. It will be interesting to see if the new roster is forced to step up for each other during game 1.

Ruff hates toughness. Half the team on waivers tomorrow morning.

They passed with flying colors tonight.

I love when these 2 teams play. The only reason they didn't go at it in Europe was because the NHL wanted a nice family show. There have been multiple fights more times than not in recent memory.

They passed with flying colors tonight.

I love when these 2 teams play. The only reason they didn't go at it in Europe was because the NHL wanted a nice family show. There have been multiple fights more times than not in recent memory.

You're right. There's some inexplicable rivalry between these two teams going back a couple years now.

There should be, but I won't be holding my breath.

You don't want suspensions.

Kaleta was checked clean before the whistle.....he takes a one hand chop at the guy, then a 2 hand full swing.

I thought Ryan started it.....Ryan skates at Kaleta and Kaleta actually shoves him first. Ryan then punches him.

Ehrhoff was on the bench grabbing Myers and his guy. Hopefully it was only giving Myers balance and not holding his guy's arm.

If anyone has DVR...check it out.

You don't want suspensions.

Kaleta was checked clean before the whistle.....he takes a one hand chop at the guy, then a 2 hand full swing.

I thought Ryan started it.....Ryan skates at Kaleta and Kaleta actually shoves him first. Ryan then punches him.

Ehrhoff was on the bench grabbing Myers and his guy. Hopefully it was only giving Myers balance and not holding his guy's arm.

If anyone has DVR...check it out.

It was so fast that it meant nothing, but who cares if it was for more than balence. Give your guy every advandtage if you get away with it. He should have been whacking in the face with his stick.

Man, Buffalo fans are so concerned with fair-play when it is never shown towards us!!!! F###'em all!

I saw the game in a sports bar in DC. Saw the Anaheim feed, no sound. They did a replay of several of Millers saves during a highlight spot. I thought that was pretty cool. The team played well, a full 60 minute effort. As they got into the late 3rd period I expected the usual soft goal, but the team fought (literally) hard all the way to the end. Why was this team so good in the first weeks of the season, and again now, yet so terrible for that slump? If they do manage to scratch into the playoffs, I wouldn't want to be the No. 1 seed facing them.

Why was this team so good in the first weeks of the season, and again now, yet so terrible for that slump? If they do manage to scratch into the playoffs, I wouldn't want to be the No. 1 seed facing them.

Maybe it WAS the injuries, who knows.

from here on, Christian Ehrhoff will be knows as Das Morser. All in favor?

My mother called him "Terrorhoff" tonight.

She's hot and it rubbed off.

Yowch.

Every time I see Vanek on the bench it looks like somebody stabbed him. "Vanek face" as my friends and I say.

Vanek face is better than Sedin face.

Boring game until the very end. Toooo many stoppages. At least I beat my brother at NHL during the second intermission and the broken glass intermission.

Ich liebe das Morser.

It's almost as bad as making a throw-away right-wing political comment. You'd think someone opened a can of God is Dead.

About that: I spend the second half of my day in a health careers exploration program in which there's a lot of political discussion, and not a lot of it is very constructive. Normally I would've just ignored the comment, but I was already pretty exhausted with thinking about politics that day. It was an overreaction on my part, but I still would rather just read about hockey.

Everyone was in top form tonight. Well done, board.

It was so fast that it meant nothing, but who cares if it was for more than balence. Give your guy every advandtage if you get away with it. He should have been whacking in the face with his stick.

Man, Buffalo fans are so concerned with fair-play when it is never shown towards us!!!! F###'em all!

See my other response.

I'm not concerned. Buffalo did a great job in that and exactally what they should do. All I was saying is the police brigade shouldn't be asking for suspensions because if you want to look at infractions.....Kaleta took a 2 handed swing with his stick at the guy and missed. I agree the bench thing happened so fast and it wasn't aggressive enough to worry about.

Buffalo did perfect.

I focused specifically on Hodgson tonight:

He can skate better than i thought and he does have some stick handling ability. He really seems to excel at moving to open space when he does not have the puck. Getting open and staying open is something this team could definitely use. He seems to be a smart hockey player and very aware of his surroundings. I liked his hard skating and his back checking efforts. I would have liked him to have the puck more and get some more chances but for a first look he seems to be a very solid player. That 1st round of the 08 draft seems to have done well for us and now instead of the magnificent 7 (Goose, Miller, Roy, Vanek, Pommers, Hecht, Stafford) we now have the 3 musketeers (Hodgson, Myers, Ennis) so we shall see how he does once he settles in and is given some time to practice. All I can say is that its nice to have a backchecking natural center on the team again.

It was great to see all the Sabres fans that showed up at the Honda Center tonight.

When they introduced the Sabres tonight I thought I was at a Buffalo home game.

Because it was a Wednesday night, game the attendance was a little down; however, that did not keep the Sabres Nation from representing.

The lower bowl on one end of the ice was dominated by a mass contingent of Buffalo fans that were in town for a HP computer convention.

All night long the Buffalo fan chants dominated the airwaves. At one point the Let's Go Buffalo chant was all you could hear.

After the game the fans were highly motivated in the hallways.

Cody Hodgson played well. He won a good number of face off's which was nice to see.

The one thing Cody did not do was stand around admiring the puck carrier in the offensive zone, instead he was always working to get himself in position to score.

What a relief; we have enough spectators on the team.

It was a fun game.

See my other response.

I'm not concerned. Buffalo did a great job in that and exactally what they should do. All I was saying is the police brigade shouldn't be asking for suspensions because if you want to look at infractions.....Kaleta took a 2 handed swing with his stick at the guy and missed. I agree the bench thing happened so fast and it wasn't aggressive enough to worry about.

Buffalo did perfect.

I am not asking for suspensions. I am saying that according to the NHL's own rules there should be alot of fines and possibly suspensions handed out for the things that happened in the last minute. Maybe Kaleta did send some slashes and push a guy but the rule that I am thinking of doesn't cover that. It does cover going out and fighting (throwing punches) near the end of the game. Which from what I saw was started by the ducks and with sabres answering back. Far as I am concerned anyone that got a fighting major in the last minute is gonna be getting a phone call.

Also I completely forgot about that thing with Chara in the playoffs. But then again it was the playoffs and as buffalo fans know rules get interpreted differently in the playoffs :wallbash:

Archived