2012 Trade Deadline Thread

spndnchz

apparently 5 teams in on Nash and Buffalo not listed - take it for what it is....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387983

Mere speculation on a pretty slow day at TSN ... the story was posted by "TSNstaff".

In many ways TSN is the ESPN of Canada ... I put very little stock in anything on there unless it is from McKenzie or Dregger.

If I'm in the wrong thread sorry.. but this seems substantial enough:

From TSN's daily trade updates:

"During Thursday morning's skate, defenceman Pavel Kubina was held off the ice to protect the team's interests. The veteran has been asked for teams he would be willing to be deal to."

Seems like someone might be on the move real soon.

I'm not worried about some team getting Nash. I'd like to see what CBJ gets in return and how that impacts the team. If you have Nash you don't give him away. Well, presumably.

Luke Schenn is a +7 with 2 goals and 15 assists in 56 GP. Idk where u get ur info from, but u should start lookin somewhere else. Toronto would riot if they gave up schenn and kessel for nash, let alone kadri and a 1st on top of it.

How 'bout here: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/15/schenn-a-healthy-scratch

And I'd bet Leafs fans would be thrilled to get Nash for Kessel, Schenn, Kadri and a #1.

If the Bruins get Nash, my god.

I highly doubt Boston would give up the kind of assets needed to get Nash. Their team is too good to make that kind of change.

Amen to all that, brother. Jakey loves his balled up paper too.

Jakey goes out on his leash and harness, but only when we are with him ... he's pretty cute, if I do say so myself (proud papa), walking around the neighbourhood like that ... everybody in the neighbourhood loves Jake.

Are you in Halifax by chance?

nope, just accross the border from Buffalo

My girlfriend has thought about trying to take them out for a walk, but it wouldn't work. The one is more of a free spirit type that wants to do his own thing, the other (Miller)might go but it would be while riding on your shoulders

How 'bout here: http://www.torontosu...healthy-scratch

And I'd bet Leafs fans would be thrilled to get Nash for Kessel, Schenn, Kadri and a #1.

I highly doubt Boston would give up the kind of assets needed to get Nash. Their team is too good to make that kind of change.

I doubt they would be as excited if it meant giving up Kessel in the deal too, but Schenn and Kadri? They are already talking about what they could use those guys to get

Spector's website is indicating that Columbus is looking for a good young rostered player and top prospects/picks. If that is true, the price may not be too high for teams like Boston, NYR, Van, etc. One real good player plus top prospects aren't going to throw a team with cup dreams this season too far out of whack. Does Seguin and picks/top prospects for Nash throw a wrench into team chemistry? Probably not.

Spector's website is indicating that Columbus is looking for a good young rostered player and top prospects/picks. If that is true, the price may not be too high for teams like Boston, NYR, Van, etc. One real good player plus top prospects aren't going to throw a team with cup dreams this season too far out of whack. Does Seguin and picks/top prospects for Nash throw a wrench into team chemistry? Probably not.

I agree, but I have a hard time seeing CBJ letting Nash go for that. I can see, though, CBJ accepting Seguin, Bergeron and Rask for Nash -- but I think that would be too much for Boston to give up. CBJ might take Seguin, Rask and Boychuk -- but even that would be a pretty significant disruption to the Bruins.

I agree, but I have a hard time seeing CBJ letting Nash go for that. I can see, though, CBJ accepting Seguin, Bergeron and Rask for Nash -- but I think that would be too much for Boston to give up. CBJ might take Seguin, Rask and Boychuk -- but even that would be a pretty significant disruption to the Bruins.

If Columbus is expecting 3 young, very good NHL players, one of whom is a recent top 3 pick then they won't be moving Nash.

I don't understand how anybody could value Nash at Seguin, Bergeron AND Rask. I wouldn't move Seguin or Bergeron for Nash, let alone both plus Rask. I don't see how trading Seguin or Bergeron makes the Bruins any better, and frankly I think it would make them worse. Bergeron has a no movement clause anyway, and you can bet your balls that Columbus would be a team he'd refuse to go to. Rask I could see, but with Thomas up there in age I don't think I'd toss my goaltender of the future overboard when my team is already good enough to win the Cup.

Did you just imply that your family allowed your cat to wander into the road and get killed by a car? That's just plain messed up. It's called keeping the animal inside. I've had a house full of cats and they haven't gotten out in eleven years. Oh and before you call ME cruel, it's called skylights and big picture windows. Sunlight is all they ever need. And room to run and things to climb. And balled up pieces of paper. And smart owners.

Before my mother's last cat, which was just recently put down after 13 long and lazy indoor years, we had never had strictly indoor cats. We let them go out and hunt and do whatever they wanted. They were healthier, happier creatures when they could go out in the woods and hunt moles and mice. They maintained their energy into their later years longer than our housecat ever did.

That little one that loved the road? There was nothing we could do about that. It was brought to us as a kitten by a neighbor who thought it was ours. It wasn't. And for whatever reason it was hell bent on heading straight for the road every time we let it out of the house.

Nature took its course. Not much you can do about that.

Are you on drugs? You do realize that Schenn is still getting healthy-scratched, that Kadri is still bouncing up and down from the AHL and that the Leafs' #1 is likely to be in the teens? And that Nash is a no-BS true star player? Or do you think the Sabres can get Malkin for Roy and Stafford?

I can't believe how many people on this board resort to "Are you crazy" and "Are you on drugs?" Hate to break it to you and those who resort to those expressions, but a civilized discussion would probably be more fun and you'd get better info.

Before my mother's last cat, which was just recently put down after 13 long and lazy indoor years, we had never had strictly indoor cats. We let them go out and hunt and do whatever they wanted. They were healthier, happier creatures when they could go out in the woods and hunt moles and mice. They maintained their energy into their later years longer than our housecat ever did.

That little one that loved the road? There was nothing we could do about that. It was brought to us as a kitten by a neighbor who thought it was ours. It wasn't. And for whatever reason it was hell bent on heading straight for the road every time we let it out of the house.

Nature took its course. Not much you can do about that.

oh no, I sense a cat thread coming

I can't believe how many people on this board resort to "Are you crazy" and "Are you on drugs?" Hate to break it to you and those who resort to those expressions, but a civilized discussion would probably be more fun and you'd get better info.

GO CRY IN THE COMPLAINT THREAD NO OJNE GIVES A ######

I have to agree with this sentiment.

this place is rather civil for the most part, all message boards are like this it isnt even a personnal attack at this point, i dont let it affect me and i dont know why you would

It doesn't bother me at all. But given the choice I prefer to have civil. adult conversations though and responded accordingly.

It doesn't bother me at all. But given the choice I prefer to have civil. adult conversations though and responded accordingly.

Amen. This place has always been mostly rational, civilized discourse. When the discourse turns rude, impolite, or nasty it chases off good posters who don't want to deal with that. If you want to attack other posters and act like jackasses toward other posters, go somewhere else.

Amen. This place has always been mostly rational, civilized discourse. When the discourse turns rude, impolite, or nasty it chases off good posters who don't want to deal with that. If you want to attack other posters and act like jackasses toward other posters, go somewhere else.

I generally agree with this but there are times when it is warranted.

I generally agree with this but there are times when it is warranted.

Agreed. There are times. Personally I won't hang around if it devolves into constant attacking, condescension, name-calling, etc. Not that my loss would be anything but a blip on the radar but I suspect others will either leave or lessen their participation.

You jerk.

Archived