GDT: Rangers at Sabres 2/01/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

couple of questions for tonight's game:

• Does Ennis go back to the wing with Vanek out, and Adam to center?
  • Does Ruff keep all the lines in tact minus the changeout of Vanek and Adam?
  • Does he start Miller at home with his chance to post W #235?

I think if the TEAM puts forth an entire 60 MINUTE preformance like last nights, and the defense plays to the level or better than last night, then we stand a good chance of walking away with a W.

I know, I know, that's a lot to ask, and we already know how asking too much of this team is far too great of expectations...

Going up against the #1 team in the east with a chance to climb 3 places in the standings with a win. Good Test.

Good call. Eking out 2 wins vs a bubble team in NJ and a terrible team in the Habs really doesn't say much (except that Miller definitely looks much better). Beating the Rangers, though -- that might just spark some...hope?

Is there a doctor alive who can remove Stafford's head from his rectum?

Good call. Eking out 2 wins vs a bubble team in NJ and a terrible team in the Habs really doesn't say much (except that Miller definitely looks much better). Beating the Rangers, though -- that might just spark some...hope?

Is there a doctor alive who can remove Stafford's head from his rectum?

no, Jack Kavorkian died last June.

We're not getting a top 3 pick in the draft this year anyways so we may as well back this team to get some wins and maybe make a late little push here. I hope management still realizes the flaws in this team and makes some changes but I really don't think DR or LR were getting fired this season regardless of how we end. I for one would love to see us atleast make things interesting come March. We've got 10 of our next 12 at home, let's have a good February and maybe we're back in it beginning in March.

couple of questions for tonight's game:

• Does Ennis go back to the wing with Vanek out, and Adam to center?
  • Does Ruff keep all the lines in tact minus the changeout of Vanek and Adam?
  • Does he start Miller at home with his chance to post W #235?

I think if the TEAM puts forth an entire 60 MINUTE preformance like last nights, and the defense plays to the level or better than last night, then we stand a good chance of walking away with a W.

I know, I know, that's a lot to ask, and we already know how asking too much of this team is far too great of expectations...

Keep Ennis where he is. That line looked good last night. I just hope Lindy doesn't give up on it if it doesn't click tonight. Putting Ennis a center is a big change and he hasn't plated for quite a while. Back to back nights in different towns might be a little tougher for him.

The D pairing looked great last night. This team needs some continuity. I really liked Boyes and Kaleta on the same line last night. Along with Ennis' line the Sabres now can put out two lines with a good forecheck.

As for the top line, w/o Vanek there is no top line. Without a #1 center, Pomminstein becomes a piece to fill in a gap. I'm not saying he should be playing with Ellis and McCormick. Lindy could rearrange the Kaleta line with Boyes at center or put Leino back there, leaving two lines and the D the same.

As for Miller, he played well the last two games. Play him into the ground win or lose as long as he is playing well. Enroth can play on one of the back to backs just not tonight.

We're not getting a top 3 pick in the draft this year anyways so we may as well back this team to get some wins and maybe make a late little push here. I hope management still realizes the flaws in this team and makes some changes but I really don't think DR or LR were getting fired this season regardless of how we end. I for one would love to see us atleast make things interesting come March. We've got 10 of our next 12 at home, let's have a good February and maybe we're back in it beginning in March.

They're 2 points ahead of Anahiem, who currently hold the 3rd pick. So to say they're not getting a top 3 is a bit premature. Plus, with the draft lottery, anyone in the bottom 5 gets a shot at the 1st overall pick.

I'd presume Ennis stays at center, Leino at top line LW, and Adam at LW on line 3. I'd feel a lot better about tonight's game if it was against Biron instead of Lundqvist, but who knows, the Rangers offense isn't very good so I don't think we need to worry about being in a big hole early. On the other hand, facing the best defensive team in hockey doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in our offensively challenged bunch.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but I feel like Rangers Sabres games are generally pretty entertaining. Hopefully it's a fun game.

I'd presume Ennis stays at center, Leino at top line LW, and Adam at LW on line 3. I'd feel a lot better about tonight's game if it was against Biron instead of Lundqvist, but who knows, the Rangers offense isn't very good so I don't think we need to worry about being in a big hole early. On the other hand, facing the best defensive team in hockey doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in our offensively challenged bunch.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but I feel like Rangers Sabres games are generally pretty entertaining. Hopefully it's a fun game.

Aren't the Sabres like 1-7 against Biron with him shutting them out in at least 2 of those meetings. I miss Marty but I'd prefer to never play against him again.

They're 2 points ahead of Anahiem, who currently hold the 3rd pick. So to say they're not getting a top 3 is a bit premature. Plus, with the draft lottery, anyone in the bottom 5 gets a shot at the 1st overall pick.

The Sabres have been a bad hockey club the majority of the year, but I still would be awefully surprised if we end up behind Columbus, Edmonton, Carolina, Montreal and the NY Islanders. I know, everyone will point out how good the Isles have been of late. Well they've been that good lately and we've been horrible for the better part of 2.5 months and we're still tied in points.

This means were likely not getting a lottery pick and the difference in value between the 6th overall and 10th overall is not worth me cheering for losses.

As always exciting to have a Sabres game to look forward to tonight. Doubly exciting as the team have shown some signs of pulling out of the rut lately.

One thing I have noticed the past couple of games is that we are a lot more aggressive on defense. Where we've been collapsing way down low all year, the past two games we've applied a lot more presurre on the puck in our own zone. Pushing out against the boards and the blue line. It's been a change I've been hoping to see all year and I really hope it's a shift in tactics and not just a fluke.

The heavier presurre on the puck carrier has cut down the amount of time we spend running around in the defensive zone quite a bit. I am still not very comfortable when the puck is in our end, but at least I no longer have a constant feeling that a goal against is bound to happen any second.

Gerbe gettin some love from Tyler Ennis.

Today, when Ennis was asked about his return to the lineup he said "Sitting out for six weeks like I had to when I was injured, I got to watch the game from another perspective. Sitting up there, I watched Gerbe and how he's always moving and always skating hard. That's why he's so successful. He never stops his feet. I said to myself before last night's game that I was going to play just like Gerbe. I think he and I, and Staff, we played real well together because we love to skate and we are hard to defend when we are all moving."

I disagree on Staff but some pretty kind words from Ennis that I wanted to share and this was the most logical thread to add it in.

Today, when Ennis was asked about his return to the lineup he said "Sitting out for six weeks like I had to when I was injured, I got to watch the game from another perspective. Sitting up there, I watched Gerbe and how he's always moving and always skating hard. That's why he's so successful. He never stops his feet. I said to myself before last night's game that I was going to play just like Gerbe. I think he and I, and Staff, we played real well together because we love to skate and we are hard to defend when we are all moving."

I disagree on Staff but some pretty kind words from Ennis that I wanted to share and this was the most logical thread to add it in.

That hit Ennis laid out was something you could see Gerbe attempting. Seeing those two flying up the ice, I imagine is going to freeze some defense men, they both can fly and it doesn't give you much time to react. I like the line, I can see Gerbe and Ennis feeding off each other, if Stafford could just hit 1 out of 2 open nets that he blows, the line could be productive. One thing about tonight's game is that Ennis logged over 18 minutes last night, he may not have the legs, but energy has never seemed to be a problem with him.

Hey now, Stafford LOVES to skate.....away from physical board battles :P

If Ennis continues to play with Gerbe's attitude/effort (I mean hell, he HIT somebody!) and the move to center actually works in the long run (see: more than 1 game against a bad hockey team), that's huge for this team. He adds a dynamic element that for the most part our forwards lack, and especially our "centers".

Could Adam be the 'sick' Sabre LR mentioned? I don't get that impression from the TBN article this morning, I'm assuming Adam is still in the doghouse. But I wouldn't mind seeing that line again.

I think Adam has to be the sick Sabre, its my understanding that otherwise Kassian games would start counting as he wouldnt be on emergency recall.

Archived