GDT: Rangers at Sabres 2/01/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

It was really telling to watch Roy V. Ennis V. Kassian in the corners last night. I was in section 112 and I got to say it changed my mind on a lot of things. Roy and Ennis both get pushed off pucks fairly easy, but Ennis fights like a wildcat to get the damn thing back. Kassian on the other hand gets slammed into and guys just bounce off. Being that close and seeing it in real time made it perfectly clear what "toughness" actually means and Roy doesn't have any for the 50 minutes of the game.

The main problem the Sabres suffered from last night was consistent traffic in front of the net. I was very noticeable that Vanek was not out there on the PP.

Final thought, I would guess judging from what i gathered that 5-6 players in the locker room are against ruff and are angry about the high priced UFA's that were brought in. These core guys dislike that these new guys make more than they do. I can't prove it so for now it will remain my opinion but I think there is some serious high school jealousy going on in that room.

This is why I think Ennis would be better at center. Less time along the boards, more time in the middle. It's obvious Ennis will be pushed around a lot, I think he's the smallest player in the league. But Roy is quite a bit bigger than Ennis, they shouldn't be comparable. Roy shouldn't be pushed around as easily as Roy.

I said the other day that the Sabres would need to go 22-6-4 to get in. They just blew one of their OTLs. Now they need to go 22-6-3.

If they bring it every night like they've done the last couple of nights, it will at least be interesting for a while.

It's not going to take 95 points to make the playoffs this year.

A bathrobe that says Mr. Miller?

I'm sure the woman who posted it on twitter has a matching robe. ;)

Also, I'm sticking to my theory that Miller got laid before the all-star break and is playing better as a result. The more pictures of this guy in his robe on the internet, the better it will be for all of us.

This is why I think Ennis would be better at center. Less time along the boards, more time in the middle. It's obvious Ennis will be pushed around a lot, I think he's the smallest player in the league. But Roy is quite a bit bigger than Ennis, they shouldn't be comparable. Roy shouldn't be pushed around as easily as Roy.

It's not going to take 95 points to make the playoffs this year.

Gerbe is actually the smallest technically, but he's built like a tank, so no one realizes it. ;)

And Roy isn't that much bigger than Ennis.

But i do agree that Ennis at center is more beneficial to this team than the Leino experiment, and it lets him use his skillset more advantageously.

I really don't know what to say.

Quit stalking me. Eleven is on a rant and I live to annoy him. It's what we do. He doesn't need you to come running to his aid, seriously.

It seems like 11 enjoys your rapier wit about as much as I do.

To be clear: no one is "stalking you." I simply prefer not to see the board polluted with obnoxious BS.

Your hockey posts are reasonably good. The other stuff is just a waste of everyone's time.

It seems like 11 enjoys your rapier wit about as much as I do.

To be clear: no one is "stalking you." I simply prefer not to see the board polluted with obnoxious BS.

Your hockey posts are reasonably good. The other stuff is just a waste of everyone's time.

The ignore feature. Learn it, love it.

I just found this brief piece on TSN mentioning that ref Kelly Sutherland was taken to the quiet room and assessed for a concussion immediately. Still no word on how he's doing though.

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...eger/?id=386720

I'm glad they took the necessary precautions. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a ref leave a game.

Final thought, I would guess judging from what i gathered that 5-6 players in the locker room are against ruff and are angry about the high priced UFA's that were brought in. These core guys dislike that these new guys make more than they do. I can't prove it so for now it will remain my opinion but I think there is some serious high school jealousy going on in that room.

I thought about this too. Free agents are almost always overpaid. That's the way the NHL is, and if these "core" players want some help (because they absolutely cannot get it done on their own) they should grow the eff up.

I think his one nipple is higher than the other.

And having your name embrodered on your robe is geh.

Mr and Mrs Miller robes were probably a wedding present

I thought about this too. Free agents are almost always overpaid. That's the way the NHL is, and if these "core" players want some help (because they absolutely cannot get it done on their own) they should grow the eff up.

Mr and Mrs Miller robes were probably a wedding present

Or, Ryan just gave her Gaustad's.

Archived