Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

This video ... it gives me hope that there are others out there that care that humans still insist on destroying the planet ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=BUOQ_yPW_0s

Video by Scott McKinley Productions, Produced for Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation for Ad campaign. Licensed music by Kenny G.. This short video won Grand Prize - Best of Show at International Wildlife Film Festival in Missoula Montana! The majority was shot on location in Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons National Park and The National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you.

Hope it's awesome SwampD.

Thanks NS. Unfortunately, I caught a virus that left me with vertigo (I thought people stopped getting that back in the 1800s) and have been in bed since friday. Today is the first day that I have acually been able to focus my eyes enough to be able to type. Probably won't be able to drive for a week. I knew i shouldn't have tempted the virus gods last week (I know Falstaff put a hex on me).

Things that are awesome - good health care and twenty years worth of sick days.

My brother in law secured his 2013 PGA tour card this past weekend. Awesome.

edit...to make it hockey related. Yeah, he's the enemy. :P

http://www.thehockey...r-Fritsch.html#

For the golf fans, my brother in law ended up finishing tied for 9th at Torrey Pines last weekend. Thankfully, I missed watching the Sabres on Sunday because I was following him. He played in the group in front of Tiger on Sunday and Monday and at one point was in second behind Tiger at -10. By finishing in the top 10 he ended up getting into the tourney in Phoenix this weekend, otherwise he would have had to play in to qualify. Unlike the Sabres, he was clutch at the very end, with a 36 foot chip in on 16 to save par and two birdies on 17 and 18 to sneak into the top 10.

This weeks tournament is the Waste Management Open, famously known for the 16th hole party atmosphere where the golfers sometimes throw gear etc. into the crowd. I hear a rumor that my BiL may have some hockey pucks to throw to the fans there this week.

I just registered for my 5th straight National Homebrewer's Conference in Philly this year. For all the homebrewers / beer snobs out there, you should definitely try to make one of these if you haven't already, it's a blast.

Ah man, why would there have to be a homebrewing conference in my town with the last day on my birthday? Oh wait, that's AWESOME!

Edited by MattPie