Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

love it. 

where you at? visting, or relocated to some bayou?

shrimp and grits was among the better dishes i had during my last visit to NOLA. and i ordered it no fewer than four times. i read somewhere (during the visit) that the dish is actually much more native to a part of the carolinas (esp. the grits), but that louisiana, as it is wont to do with all things culinary, has refined and perfected it.

if you think you don't like grits, i urge you to revisit them in the hands of a capable chef or cook. delightful.

I live on Tybee Island in GA  its near Savannah.  Born and raised in Atlanta but bought a house on Tybee a few years ago after I bought another funeral home in Savannah.  Have four others in metro that my brothers run.  Tired of metro bs ....I bought the Savannah home for my daughter who just graduated from mortuary school .  After she serves her apprenticeship at one of the homes in Atlanta the Savannah one is hers to run.  Then i really get to relax and enjoy Tybee life.  But I also have around 2000 acres roughly in middle GA that I farm and raise some cattle and hogs on to keep me busy.

I live on Tybee Island in GA  its near Savannah.  Born and raised in Atlanta but bought a house on Tybee a few years ago after I bought another funeral home in Savannah.  Have four others in metro that my brothers run.  Tired of metro bs ....I bought the Savannah home for my daughter who just graduated from mortuary school .  After she serves her apprenticeship at one of the homes in Atlanta the Savannah one is hers to run.  Then i really get to relax and enjoy Tybee life.  But I also have around 2000 acres roughly in middle GA that I farm and raise some cattle and hogs on to keep me busy.

Ahh - so you're not even in Louisiana. My mistake. I saw the references to things commonly associated with it, and inferred wrongly. Although, I've often heard: If you enjoy NOLA, you should visit Savannah as well.

Glad to hear business is good and being carried on by a subsequent generation.

A small thing, but awesome (to me) anyway:  I hung out with 2 old friends last night and watched the NBA finals.  Once you get to a certain age, between work, family, etc. there just aren't that many opportunities for that kind of hanging out.  It was great.

A small thing, but awesome (to me) anyway:  I hung out with 2 old friends last night and watched the NBA finals.  Once you get to a certain age, between work, family, etc. there just aren't that many opportunities for that kind of hanging out.  It was great.

Agreed. I've always keep ties with my oldest friends, but it is rare we all get together.

One of them bought a beach house a few years back and has hosted the old gang a few times for a weekend getaway.

Good times.

So I'll have to go on vacation is what you're telling me? As all I can get for breakfast around here are "dippy eggs" and scrapple :P I'm good with that. Vacation it is. I love trying new food.

Shrimp & grits is dinner.

A small thing, but awesome (to me) anyway: I hung out with 2 old friends last night and watched the NBA finals. Once you get to a certain age, between work, family, etc. there just aren't that many opportunities for that kind of hanging out. It was great.

Yes indeed. Don't go wishin' your life away you SS whippersnappers, you hear?

Hey 11 We've.....

Y'all boys ever down my way holler at me I'll fix y'all shrimp & grits for supper or breakfast. My meemaw was a Savannah girl before she married my pawpaw and went up to Atlanta. I use her recipe and it'll knock y'alls dick in your watch pocket

I'll take you up on that. And maybe some hog hunting too.

That is awesome. Hope you had a blast

On this note: getting together with 4 buddies tonight to have a fire while watching the hockey game on my friend's deck with outdoor TV. I'm not as old as you (haha!) nor do I have kids, but most of my friends do, so these times are fairly rare and quite awesome. 

On this note: getting together with 4 buddies tonight to have a fire while watching the hockey game on my friend's deck with outdoor TV. I'm not as old as you (haha!) nor do I have kids, but most of my friends do, so these times are fairly rare and quite awesome.

Outstanding.

:) thanks.  But it's not officially my birthday until NS says so.

Ooopppps.

Happy Birthday to our qwk friend.

And what is all this about a girlfriend?

:flirt:

Ramadan is awesome.

It starts probably on Monday at sunset and Tuesday (7th) will be the first fasting day.

This year will be the hardest / longest fasting periods with 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after the longest daylight hour day here in North America and the Northern Hemisphere in general.

The fasting period in Halifax will be roughly from 3:30 AM until 9:30 PM on the longest fasting day and a bit shorter either side of June 21st.

That is extremely long to go without food and especially water, so I have decided that I will only do a partial fast and concentrate on other aspects of the Holy Month.

I will be doing my customary fast of non-essential internet and computer use.

So, I may not be logged in again until Eid al Fitr ... July 7th, when I will post how awesome it is.

Salam / Peace.

NS ... out.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Is the cigar thread still kicking or did it get sent into the ether?

First evening of the season with a smoke and a whiskey.

Life is good again.

I've been all over the cigar thing recently. Got my humidor rolling good. Had a CAO Gold this weekend and it was excellently seasoned. 

The weather for this week looks like , which is too bad because I was planning cigars this week with a friend after work. Might have to wait on that.  :(

:thumbsup: :beer:

Grats!

I think?

Definitely 'congrats'! I really liked the people who interviewed me, and the benefits are very nice. The pay was all I was worried about, and it's a very nice start. I'm very excited about it.

Thanks for all of the advice and everything. It's awesome to be able to come here and get support like that  :beer:

As a side note, why is this is the only thread where I don't receive a notification when someone quotes me? 

Edited by WildCard

Definitely 'congrats'! I really liked the people who interviewed me, and the benefits are very nice. The pay was all I was worried about, and it's a very nice start. I'm very excited about it.

Thanks for all of the advice and everything. It's awesome to be able to come here and get support like that :beer:

As a side note, why is this is the only thread where I don't receive a notification when someone quotes me?

Im guessing somewhere along the way you hit the icon to not follow that thread anymore? Accidentally ?

I've been all over the cigar thing recently. Got my humidor rolling good. Had a CAO Gold this weekend and it was excellently seasoned.

The weather for this week looks like ######, which is too bad because I was planning cigars this week with a friend after work. Might have to wait on that. :(

Humidity beads are your freind. Wet em and forget em. Check every 2-3 months.