Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, the family friendly outdoor movie at a local park yesterday. For those that haven't seen it, it's the heart-warming tale of seven brothers whom, after starting a fight during a barn-raising and being run out of town, return and forcibly abduct six women with the intent to marry them back at their family mountain compound. After causing an avalanche to thwart the perusing townsfolk, of course.

I remember watching the movie repeatedly when I was a kid, but it didn't strike me how strange it was at the time.

Sure does sound like a nice family friendly concept.

Hmmmm. Long Island is North of NYC, and Billy Joel has some territory in there. It's like a 1980's no-mans land. 

And then there's Nova Scotia...

:w00t:

:wub:

Danny Gallivan? I got nothing....

shrader loves everything Nova Scotian, especially Nova Scotians.

He may also remember my deep rooted hate on for everything even remotely connected to Billy Joel.

Awesome that you know that the great Danny Gallivan was born in Sydney, NS.

I started singing "I love I love I love my calendar cat" in the shower this morning. I wasn't sure where it came from, but Google helped me remember. Back when calendars were sexy... this probably brought condemnation from Phyllis Schlafly. We don't see October, but surely when the KKK did, they burned one of the calendars at a rally in Mississippi. Ahhh, 1978...

I started singing "I love I love I love my calendar cat" in the shower this morning. I wasn't sure where it came from, but Google helped me remember. Back when calendars were sexy... this probably brought condemnation from Phyllis Schlafly. We don't see October, but surely when the KKK did, they burned one of the calendars at a rally in Mississippi. Ahhh, 1978...

Funny. I couldn't get that jingle from the Enjoli commercial out of my head yesterday....what was that 1978?

"I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never ever ever ever let you forget you're a man"

Funny. I couldn't get that jingle from the Enjoli commercial out of my head yesterday....what was that 1978?

"I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never ever ever ever let you forget you're a man"

Ah yes.  The song I had to sing at the front of the bus first day of freshman year.

Funny. I remember the commercial but couldn't have come up w/ it being for Enjoli for anything.

Funny. I remember the commercial but couldn't have come up w/ it being for Enjoli for anything.

I remember it going "c'est enjoli," but obviously it didn't. I also remember "rich" Corinthian leather, not "soft."

I will no longer tell my young relatives to stop staring at their gizmos. Man, I must have watched a lot of TV back in the day!

P.S. Ancient Chinese !

I remember it going "c'est enjoli," but obviously it didn't. I also remember "rich" Corinthian leather, not "soft."

I will no longer tell my young relatives to stop staring at their gizmos. Man, I must have watched a lot of TV back in the day!P.S. Ancient Chinese ######!

Since when is "secret" a no-no?

:lol:

And stop squeezing your Charmin. ;)

:w00t:

:wub:

shrader loves everything Nova Scotian, especially Nova Scotians.

He may also remember my deep rooted hate on for everything even remotely connected to Billy Joel.

Awesome that you know that the great Danny Gallivan was born in Sydney, NS.

I don't know if we can be friends anymore.   :P

First the sweet corn, then the peaches, next the grapes and apples.

But the spinach and the snap peas are really, really first.

I forgot about TOMATOES, big time whoops.

And I haven't said a dang thing about potatoes. 

In conclusion, after much reflection, and a little bit of introspection, dirt.

First the sweet corn, then the peaches, next the grapes and apples.

But the spinach and the snap peas are really, really first.

I forgot about TOMATOES, big time whoops.

And I haven't said a dang thing about potatoes.

In conclusion, after much reflection, and a little bit of introspection, dirt.

I don't think that you and I could simultaneously exist in the same universe. If we did I would be the ant dragging the fly carcass across the sidewalk. You would morph between the fly and the magnifying glass ready to fry us both. I am thankful for SS.