Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I don't know where to drop this, so it might as well be here:

This Thursday, 4 September, make all your dreams come true...

JOBS: How would you like to work at First Niagara Center?

Open job interviews for housekeeping, security, parking attendants, and utility personnel will be conducted Thursday from 2-7pm at First Niagara Center.

Congrats in advance! If you're a first timer (like I am), my tips for the hospital trip are: don't bother with "entertainment" stuff like books or even movies. We dragged a bunch of stuff in there that we never touched, you won't have time. The only thing we did watch were a DVD or two worth of Scrubs episodes (seemed apropos). Only take a change of clothes or two, you won't have time to shower every day. Ideally, have you hair cut in such a way that it looks good straight out of bed. I lucked out that my hair looks OK in all the first pictures even though I hadn't cleaned up or slept much in the last 24 hours.

It's my 2nd and her 4th, but our first together.

Not unless there are lots of preemies. Congrats, everyone!

Haha true. My bday is the 14th, and I know for a fact that I was made on Christmas Eve in a fit of exhaustion (the fertility test thing went off, my sister was a hyped up 6 year old excited about xmas... there was no passion whatsoever in my conception). September babies are often holiday gifts.

I have a friend whose birthday is Oct. 5 and he claims it's the most popular (edit: common) birthday around the world because it falls the right number of days after New Year's Eve. I've always called BS on that one.

Alas:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2011/10/oct-5-americas-most-common-birthday/

Edited by PASabreFan

I have a friend whose birthday is Oct. 5 and he claims it's the most popular (edit: common) birthday around the world because it falls the right number of days after New Year's Eve. I've always called BS on that one.

Alas:

http://abcnews.go.co...ommon-birthday/

That's some hardhitting journalism by Christina Ng. She's got a bright future.

Haha true. My bday is the 14th, and I know for a fact that I was made on Christmas Eve in a fit of exhaustion (the fertility test thing went off, my sister was a hyped up 6 year old excited about xmas... there was no passion whatsoever in my conception). September babies are often holiday gifts.

Most of my family (immediate and extended) has birthdays between August 29th and October 22. There's at least 15 people in my family with birthdays between those dates, my mom sister and self included, and now my fiance.

We all joke that my family had cold winters in years prior to our births.

My birthday is at the end of September. It wasn't until about two years ago that I found out there was a really bad snow storm in early January of my birth year. My parents had just moved into their new house and didn't have a TV (only a radio) or even a living room set. My brain finally put 2 and 2 together. Apparently, I was a blizzard baby...

You can say all of that 100 times over. RosePie, 2 weeks old today (picture from about 3-4 days old):

post-1315-0-77401200-1409627957_thumb.jpg

Congrats, MattPie!

Congrats to Ink and MattPie on the new additions! I'll be joining the "new baby" bandwagon later this week. If she doesn't arrive on her own before, my wife will be induced Thursday morning.

And a pre-emptive congrats to you as well! Hopefully it'll be a Fantastic Friday.

Awesome? Maybe. Weird? Fo sho.

There's a redditor that thinks there's two (or possibly more) fake college football teams in existence. These are non-accredited online schools that claim to have real football programs. The thought is that they exist to make money by getting paid to play against real (and often struggling) D1-AA and NAIA football teams and losing big. One of the "schools" suspected of being fake is the College of Faith, whose curriculum consists primarily of a third-party online bible study. The NCAA D-II University of Arkansas Bull Weevil's defeated College of Faith by a score of 78-0, breaking several school records. The school's football team, the College of Faith Warriors, seem to have many logos, including an obvious, blatant rip off of the Sabres' third jersey logo:

3862608_orig.png

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Awesome? Maybe. Weird? Fo sho.

There's a redditor that thinks there's two (or possibly more) fake college football teams in existence. These are non-accredited online schools that claim to have real football programs. The thought is that they exist to make money by getting paid to play against real (and often struggling) D1-AA and NAIA football teams and losing big. One of the "schools" suspected of being fake is the College of Faith, whose curriculum consists primarily of a third-party online bible study. The school's football team, the College of Faith Warriors, seem to have many logos, including an obvious, blatant rip off of the Sabres' third jersey logo:

3862608_orig.png

Yeah, we're all over it in the around the NHL thread. College of Faith is in the news because it had a record-low yards gained in a game last night. -130 or something.