Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Creating a wedding registry.. Running around a store scanning things left and right, then coming home and filling in the gaps on Amazon = way more fun than I thought it would be.

Other than towels. Every single towel feels like... a towel. Eventually I got the fiancée to settle on Ellen Degeneres' new line of towels just because she loves Ellen. This only proved my point that towels in the same general price range are indistinguishable. But I digress...

Read into this what you will (heh), but I freaking hate progressive lenses. 

They are good for working at a desk, but I find them unworkable for watching TV, driving or pretty much anything else.

I'm guessing it depends on your prescription. For what I need, they are unbelievably perfect and I can't believe what I've been putting up with for the past couple of years.

They also said it could take weeks to get used to them. It took about twenty minutes for me to think they were the greatest things ever.

I'm on an engineering call with a supplier that's located lovely downtown Saskatoon, SK. "These products don't meet the humidity requirements, eh?" "The flux capacitor only works from 5 C to 35 C, not 40 C, eh?"

Well, then they have another issue don't they, eh?

Right now it's as dry as the Sahara in Saskatoon and 50 below.  Nice town, though.

Read into this what you will (heh), but I freaking hate progressive lenses. 

They are good for working at a desk, but I find them unworkable for watching TV, driving or pretty much anything else.

I have the opposite problem with my progressives.  Unusable at my desk on the computer, but useful everywhere else.  The range of focus for my computer screen is down near the bifocal portion of the lens so I need to look through the bottom half of my glasses to get my screen in focus.  Hard on my neck.  A slightly lower than needed reading glass does a much better job of putting my screen in focus.  Driving and TV watching is right through the middle of the lenses.  Much better.

Well, then they have another issue don't they, eh?

Right now it's as dry as the Sahara in Saskatoon and 50 below.  Nice town, though.

Yes and no. The datacentre wants to use outside air for cooling up to around 40 C to save power. It's interesting to see the pro-gress on ideas to cut electricity usage, eh? Low temperatures are rarely an issue in this field, the pieces generate plenty of heat on their own. Maybe there's a synergy there; put datacentres on frozen lakes for self-heating fishing huts.

Signed up to cook dinner for children and parents in a rough spot with their kids currently in the hospital. Gonna get out of work a little early and head over to do that on Thursday. I've never done charity work, and right now seems like the perfect time to start. Let's just hope I don't think their meal :lol:

My son thought he was good at darts today. Good enough to talk trash.

Cricket: 7 rounds, I win. Tough luck, kid.

Something legitimately awesome? I got nothing. It's been a bland week. No complaint thread posts either, though. So I got that going for me......which is nice.