Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So for my brother's birthday this weekend, his gf surprised him by renting out a local nerf-gun arena for all of us for 1.5 hours. It cost about $400 to rent the whole thing out for that time period, which is a lot, but only cost us each $22, so it wasn't bad. 

But, holy ######, that place is awesome. We had about 8 girls and 10 guys, so we had really even teams. It was so much damn fun. The arena is pretty sweet, and you're just sprinting around wildly trying to play capture the flag. The more people, the better. The girls would basically nest over the flag, so you had to make it to the other side through all the guys trying to run around, then take out your little pistols and hope you could take out the 3/4 girls camped by the flag, then sprint back. So much fun, can't recommend it enough

Edited by WildCard

So for my brother's birthday this weekend, his gf surprised him by renting out a local nerf-gun arena for all of us for 1.5 hours. It cost about $400 to rent the whole thing out for that time period, which is a lot, but only cost us each $22, so it wasn't bad. 

But, holy ######, that place is awesome. We had about 8 girls and 10 guys, so we had really even teams. It was so much damn fun. The arena is pretty sweet, and you're just sprinting around wildly trying to play capture the flag. The more people, the better. The girls would basically nest over the flag, so you had to make it to the other side through all the guys trying to run around, then take out your little pistols and hope you could take out the 3/4 girls camped by the flag, then sprint back. So much fun, can't recommend it enough

So, like paintball softened up for millennials then? 

:devil:

Nerf gun arena?  That is actually a thing?  Where were these palaces of childish entertainment when my son was still impressionable?  Damn.  *jealous*

We used to have epic Nerf gun wars when my son was small.  It usually started with one of us innocently walking down the stairs only to be ambushed at the bottom.  Hilarity ensued.  Except the wife rarely found it all that funny.  Which usually meant she became a target at some point.

And then we were making our own dinner.

*sigh*  memories.

Buffalo Battleground? I've only played airsoft there, but I think they have a nerf option. Awesome place.

Nerf gun arena?  That is actually a thing?  Where were these palaces of childish entertainment when my son was still impressionable?  Damn.  *jealous*

We used to have epic Nerf gun wars when my son was small.  It usually started with one of us innocently walking down the stairs only to be ambushed at the bottom.  Hilarity ensued.  Except the wife rarely found it all that funny.  Which usually meant she became a target at some point.

And then we were making our own dinner.

*sigh*  memories.

That's why we went to one; my brother and all of our friends had massive nerf wars as kids. We went on a trip recently, and did it every night we were out of town in this small little house. Brother's GF heard of it, and is just amazing at planning stuff

Buffalo Battleground? I've only played airsoft there, but I think they have a nerf option. Awesome place.

This is the place we went to. Though that video sucks, and was made in December. The place looks a lot different, and is way more fun if you have 10v10 with capture the flag.

http://www.rochesterparkour.com/nerf-wars/

Never heard of BB. Just looked it up. I really don't like how dim it is in there, but the map itself looks awesome. Way better than Rochester's

This is way cool.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/obituary-angus-brian-macdonald-glace-bay-cape-breton-1.3324104

I better do this so that I know that something nice will be said about me ...  :w00t:

I love that. Tells me so much more about that person than the usual sweet yet somber writeups. Definitely a smile because it happened rather than cry that it's over sorta guy. BRB, writing my own punny obituary to knock 'em dead... if I can make at least one person groan, I'll have succeeded.