What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Not in the bar.  i wouldn't hesitate to order an app and a beer or 3 and sit and read there for a couple hours if it wasn't busy

And LOL at Blue Bull being full of DB's.  It's my buddies regular Thursday after work hang out.  

Hey...... Shannon's on NF Blvd?

Blue Bull does have Shiner Bock...

The Boulevard is heading in the wrong direction, but that looks pretty good. 

What about Pizza Planet on Transit and Sheridan (I think)? Great beer, good food. No one ever talks to me when I'm at a bar alone, so I don't know what "no one will bother me" means. ;-)

Owner Bob Syracuse was a forerunner in supporting the craft movement. God bless him.

Anyone ever take up an Omaha Steak offer with burgers, dogs, chicken, etc.?  

Holy ######, it's good stuff.

I don't think I'd pay the premium for it (I got this nice combo of all sorts of meats for filling out a freaking survey that took 5 mins tops) but they do have nice stuff.

Their beef is perfectly aged. I have it sent to my folks. My father raised and butchered a beef every year. He was careful to age the meat enough. He appreciates the effort involved. Their product really is worth the premium.

My father sent me an Omaha Steaks package for Christmas last year. Steak, Pork, Burgers, Salmon all good stuff. The sides that came with it were decent but a little too processed/tv dinner style for my taste but gad damn the meat was good. Not sure I would have bought it myself as it was rather pricey, but it made for a great Christmas gift to use after I had just finished my kitchen remodel.

My father sent me an Omaha Steaks package for Christmas last year. Steak, Pork, Burgers, Salmon all good stuff. The sides that came with it were decent but a little too processed/tv dinner style for my taste but gad damn the meat was good. Not sure I would have bought it myself as it was rather pricey, but it made for a great Christmas gift to use after I had just finished my kitchen remodel.

I buy supermarket meat. It's ok. I grew up in farm country so I know what specific animals you'd find on the shelves. I'm not saying it bad. It's just not a prime animal. You pay top dollar for something that was bred for meat. Not some old milker that couldn't get up anymore. I do remember those home grown steaks though. I thought I was some poor kid at the time. Stupid me.

So basically I'm at Sheridan and Transit, and where I sleep at night is on the Lancaster/Elma border. 

The French Pub on French Rd isn't a bad place when its not busy.  It does get busy though.

You know, Lancaster lacks good, adult bars.  Hmmm..........

The French Pub on French Rd isn't a bad place when its not busy. It does get busy though.

You know, Lancaster lacks good, adult bars. Hmmm..........

Lancaster can barely tie its own shoes much less open a bar worth drinking at. GBP was great when I was in college but I have no interest in running into anyone I knew in high school.

Lancaster can barely tie its own shoes much less open a bar worth drinking at. GBP was great when I was in college but I have no interest in running into anyone I knew in high school.

GBP?

Green Buffalo.  Nevermind.

Edited by weave

The French Pub on French Rd isn't a bad place when its not busy.  It does get busy though.

You know, Lancaster lacks good, adult bars.  Hmmm..........

I've had many a great time at the French Pub, but yea, it definitely gets busy.

Other recommendations for D4rk: I haven't been there since it converted from The Aud to the Bradford Ale House, but it was a good spot on Transit in Depew, near George Urban. Buffalo Brew Pub is always good, and The Pub on Broadway near Transit is a nice little dive bar. For something a little more low key, Forestview has a very nice bar section now that I can easily recommend, and pretty good food. There's also a Tully's and Yings right on French off Transit, if you don't mind chains.

Other recommendations for D4rk: I haven't been there since it converted from The Aud to the Bradford Ale House, but it was a good spot on Transit in Depew, near George Urban. Buffalo Brew Pub is always good, and The Pub on Broadway near Transit is a nice little dive bar. For something a little more low key, Forestview has a very nice bar section now that I can easily recommend, and pretty good food. There's also a Tully's and Yings right on French off Transit, if you don't mind chains.

I didn't even think of Forestview! Classic!

BBP is so damned busy for a quiet read and a beer.

This is why America is illiterate. It shouldn't be this difficult to find a good place to drink quietly.

Go the vagabond route and pick up a bottle of wild irish rose, put it in a paper bag, and take it to the park when you can read on the park bench and get hammered. Bonus points for public urination and/or rubbing one out.

Edited by Drunkard

Go the vagabond route and pick up a bottle of wild irish rose, put it in a paper bag, and take it to the park when you can read on the park bench and get hammered. Bonus points for public urination and/or rubbing one out.

A little MD 20/20 and a shelter in Como Park. I like your style. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.