What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Dude. Where?

Perri's Pizza.

You can get a cooked one for $3 (don't), or 6 frozen for $9 (do). Only a few minutes in the oven on 450 - the crust burns easy if you leave then in too long.

Not exactly a delicacy, but a great blast from the past, especially if you have been drinking!

Perri's Pizza.

You can get a cooked one for $3 (don't), or 6 frozen for $9 (do). Only a few minutes in the oven on 450 - the crust burns easy if you leave then in too long.

Not exactly a delicacy, but a great blast from the past, especially if you have been drinking!

I went out of my way to get those things in school. Loved them.

I found a local place selling Fiestada Pizzas (sometimes known as Mexican Pizzas) at a local joint.

If you didn't have these in your high school, you missed out.

Those were easily the best school lunch offered. Good find.

At Resurgence Brewing on Niagara street. Session IPA pretty good. The wife enjoys the loganberry wit and sponge candy stout.

Now there's a unique brew if I've ever heard one. Not sure I'd want to try it, though, lol.

Its actually pretty good. Adds some toffe and caramel notes. The loganberry wit on the other hand I'm not a fan of.

Interesting. When you describe it that way, it sounds much more appealing. I'd figured it would be way too sweet.

I've always wanted to try this. Shredded spaghetti squash with good sauce over it and grated cheese. Great idea. Looked great. Fell flat on the palate. I think the sauce just obliterated that nutty goodness. Best to stick with the old salt-pepper-butter accoutrement.

I've always wanted to try this. Shredded spaghetti squash with good sauce over it and grated cheese. Great idea. Looked great. Fell flat on the palate. I think the sauce just obliterated that nutty goodness. Best to stick with the old salt-pepper-butter accoutrement.

My wife tried this with us sometime over the winter. The results were the same.

I love when my son picks dinner. Grilled cheese? Nope, not good enough. Put some glazed ham in there and fire up some tater tots! Oh and we should go get some watermelon and corn on the cob too!

He's a food matching mastermind.

Edited by ubkev

You can double down on the squash - find a good pumpkin sauce to replace the tomato sauce.

You can double down on the squash - find a good pumpkin sauce to replace the tomato sauce.

I make a butternut squash soup — it's got cream cheese in it and turns out pretty thick because I also add cauliflower and don't puree it. I bet that would be good over the "spaghetti." Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you all...having trouble finding anything on the google machine.

I like center cut pork lion roasts on the Egg, usually brine them for quite a while with a heavy emphasis on Rosemary and chicken stock along with the salt.

However, my wife bought one the other day and it is one of those "enhanced with up to 12% sodium solution" things, not the natural pork I always buy.

So, I am not really sure here....I am pretty sure don't want to brine with salt, but if I put it only in the other ingredients will it take the salt that was injected out? I am just very confused.....why do they do this chit to pork and chicken!

Quick question for you all...having trouble finding anything on the google machine.

I like center cut pork lion roasts on the Egg, usually brine them for quite a while with a heavy emphasis on Rosemary and chicken stock along with the salt.

However, my wife bought one the other day and it is one of those "enhanced with up to 12% sodium solution" things, not the natural pork I always buy.

So, I am not really sure here....I am pretty sure don't want to brine with salt, but if I put it only in the other ingredients will it take the salt that was injected out? I am just very confused.....why do they do this chit to pork and chicken!

No direct knowledge with brined pork, but unsalted water will draw the salt out of the meat generally. It's one of the prep things you can do when you're cooking a "country" ham if you don't want it to be extra-salty.

It is processed the same way turkey with water added is processed. Brining won't be very effective because there is already a brine solution added. There isn't much of a mechanism for transfer of the flavors that you want to add. If it were me I would hit it with your favorite rub and let it cure in the dry rub overnight to maximize the penetration of the rubm

It is processed the same way turkey with water added is processed. Brining won't be very effective because there is already a brine solution added. There isn't much of a mechanism for transfer of the flavors that you want to add. If it were me I would hit it with your favorite rub and let it cure in the dry rub overnight to maximize the penetration of the rubm

Thats what i was afraid of...i will give it a good 24 hr dry brine i guess, with a rub with no salt.

I usually always cook and do the grocery shopping...oh well!

BTW, i do always buy my chickens at Whole Foods specifically to make sure i get the organic air chilled birds....i am telling you it is a noticeable difference on the air chilled birds

Thats what i was afraid of...i will give it a good 24 hr dry brine i guess, with a rub with no salt.

I usually always cook and do the grocery shopping...oh well!

BTW, i do always buy my chickens at Whole Foods specifically to make sure i get the organic air chilled birds....i am telling you it is a noticeable difference on the air chilled birds

Dont be afraid to use your normal amount of salt that you'd use on a piece of meat that you brined yourself.

dry rub overnight to maximize the penetration of the rub

You were at my junior prom?

It's amazing what stores can get away with. Some of the low end stuff I think they can add 25% solution to meat. At least when you buy bologna you know you are getting junk....but I can't blame someone for spending more to get decent meat.

You were at my junior prom?

It's amazing what stores can get away with. Some of the low end stuff I think they can add 25% solution to meat. At least when you buy bologna you know you are getting junk....but I can't blame someone for spending more to get decent meat.

I bought an organic free range turkey for thanksgiving a couple years ago. Nearly twice as pricey, worth every last penny.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.