What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Hot days call for gin. Tanqueray.

Bombay sapphire (and the accompanying tonic) will make me malaria proof by the end of the summer

As for tonight it was grill night: Asiago burgers topped with thick cut bacon, grilled sandwich turkey, tomatoes and avacado. Sides: garlic parmesan broccoli and some fruit salad.

Excellent but next time I'm going to have to concoct an aioli for the burgers and get some sturdier buns

Don't buy a jar of good quality half-sour pickles on a hot day where you sweat, because they will be gone in 30 minutes.....

Jewish Gatorade I tell ya......

In the immortal words of Roger Moore: You're too Jewish.

What in the world makes you think that salt cools you down?!

Had my first Paula's donuts today. Well, the first one was a cinnamon glazed. A fritter, really. A little greasy tasting and somewhat disappointing. Then I dealt with the peanut butter-filled doodaddy. It was a perfectly sane thing to eat until the innards came oozing out like the substance that devoured that poor town in The Blob. It was fantastic. It should come with a complimentary Indian can. Or a hot towel. Or insulin. Or something. The last few bites, after the fritter, were sickly sweet, but there was no way I was going that far into Donut Heaven and leaving anyone behind.

Trying a new recipe today. Corn bread made from a recipe from an outstanding bread making book called The Bread Baker's Apprentice. It is a northern style (cakey and sweet as opposed to southern style thin, savory, and crumbly) corn bread. Got it goin on the Weber gasser in a 10" cast iron pan while two pork shoulders and two roaster chickens finish on the smoker. Baked beans on the side of course. And margaritas in my glass.

Trying a new recipe today. Corn bread made from a recipe from an outstanding bread making book called The Bread Baker's Apprentice. It is a northern style (cakey and sweet as opposed to southern style thin, savory, and crumbly) corn bread. Got it goin on the Weber gasser in a 10" cast iron pan while two pork shoulders and two roaster chickens finish on the smoker. Baked beans on the side of course. And margaritas in my glass.

Dude, how many people do you cook for?

Sounds great though.

Burgers on the grill tonight with some Mac salad and corn on the cob.....tastes like summer.

Dude, how many people do you cook for?

Sounds great though.

Burgers on the grill tonight with some Mac salad and corn on the cob.....tastes like summer.

LOL We'll have leftovers for the week and alot will end up in the freezer so I have 'que in January.

Just got back from Smoke on the Water in Tonawanda. Pricy for what it is, but exceptionally good food none-the-less. Had the brisket sammich and the fried perogies. Very good. The wife had the Cuban sammich which was outstanding. Love the seasoned fries, too. As a bonus, their Sam Adams is on tap, and we were sat on the back porch overlooking the creek.

Made paella on the grill Saturday. I love making that dish, it takes awhile put you're outside with a drink and (hopefully) friends. My buddy brought over stuff to make Caipirinhas, which is national drink of Brazil (apparently). Brazilian rum is kinda like Tequila, so the end up being margarita-like. Really good Saturday.

post-1315-0-89072400-1403533943_thumb.jpg

post-1315-0-75100600-1403534240_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie

Made paella on the grill Saturday. I love making that dish, it takes awhile put you're outside with a drink and (hopefully) friends. My buddy brought over stuff to make Caipirinhas, which is national drink of Brazil (apparently). Brazilian rum is kinda like Tequila, so the end up being margarita-like. Really good Saturday.

post-1315-0-89072400-1403533943_thumb.jpg

post-1315-0-75100600-1403534240_thumb.jpg

Got a good paella recipe? The bf loves it but hasn't tried making it himself yet. I'd gotten him a paella set with the rice, paprika, and chorizo, but there are so many recipe variations that it's hard to know where to start. And cachaca (Brazillian cane rum) is definitely very different from Caribbean rum... too rough to drink alone, but lime and sugar tames it nicely. Leblon and Avua are good brands.

Got a good paella recipe? The bf loves it but hasn't tried making it himself yet. I'd gotten him a paella set with the rice, paprika, and chorizo, but there are so many recipe variations that it's hard to know where to start. And cachaca (Brazillian cane rum) is definitely very different from Caribbean rum... too rough to drink alone, but lime and sugar tames it nicely. Leblon and Avua are good brands.

Start with quality seafood!

Lol well yeah, but which one? The main source of variation among recipes seems to be the protein component. Too many options!

That comment will be problematic if Drane finds this thread.

Anyway. I'd go with a fish with firm, white flesh and a lot of shrimp and other shellfish.

That comment will be problematic if Drane finds this thread.

Anyway. I'd go with a fish with firm, white flesh and a lot of shrimp and other shellfish.

? I specifically avoided any mention of sausage... am I being blond?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.