What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I'm making burgers tonight.

So, Sabrespace...What are your favorite non-standard burger toppings?

Smoked gouda and Ranch dressing. If it's a lamb burger: feta, taziki sauce, spinach, and sundried tomato. Mmmm.

Smoked gouda and Ranch dressing. If it's a lamb burger: feta, taziki sauce, spinach, and sundried tomato. Mmmm.

If it's lamb, it is NOT a burger, and hell yes, that is the way to dress it. Maybe fresh tomato in my case, but you have the basic idea.

EDIT, PS, some fresh cuke slices?

Edited by Eleven

If it's lamb, it is NOT a burger, and hell yes, that is the way to dress it. Maybe fresh tomato in my case, but you have the basic idea.

EDIT, PS, some fresh cuke slices?

lol semantics; he didn't specify beef burger! ;) And yes, I also like fresh tomato and love cucumber. Unfortunately the person most often preparing the lamb burgers dislikes both, so they are rarely around.

lol semantics; he didn't specify beef burger! ;) And yes, I also like fresh tomato and love cucumber. Unfortunately the person most often preparing the lamb burgers dislikes both, so they are rarely around.

I've always told you that he was suspect.

EDIT: She knows I'm kidding, and I've met him, and he really is very nice.

Edited by Eleven

I'm making burgers tonight.

So, Sabrespace...What are your favorite non-standard burger toppings?

My response is too late now but you can't go wrong with a fried egg on a cheeseburger. Especially if you don't break the yolk until you take your first bite.

My response is too late now but you can't go wrong with a fried egg on a cheeseburger. Especially if you don't break the yolk until you take your first bite.

Fried egg is the wife's absolute favorite burger topping. Very Yum.

And you're not late. Grilling season is just beginning!

I know smoked gouda has become quite popular in the last couple of years, but I cannot understand how anyone could prefer it to regular gouda.

Those damned kids!

Vive la France!

(That's the way they serve it there -- i.e. if you just go to a typical restaurant and order a burger, it comes with a fried egg. I was pretty surprised the first time that happened, but it was really good.)

I know smoked gouda has become quite popular in the last couple of years, but I cannot understand how anyone could prefer it to regular gouda.

Those damned kids!

Vive la France!

(That's the way they serve it there -- i.e. if you just go to a typical restaurant and order a burger, it comes with a fried egg. I was pretty surprised the first time that happened, but it was really good.)

Don't you mean Freedom Egg then?

Those damned kids!

All gouda is good gouda! I specified smoked only because that particular combo was what they served at the restaurant. :)

Those damned kids!

Vive la France!

Aged gouda > smoked gouda > gouda.

And try smoked Swiss sometime. Damn.

So, being out of any sort of real food, especially produce (I need to go to Weg's), and out of fuel for the grill, and responding to weave's challenge, here is my refrigerator creation:

2 links Wegman's crappy chicken-apple sausage (it is awful)

2 slices Al Cohen's rye, toasted

some smoked gouda (sorry, freeman), shaved

a fair amount of Chinese hot mustard

pickle chips (sweet in this case, but dill would do, it's not relish, after all--but sweet blends nicely with these ingredients)

sesame oil

butter

one chocolate cupcake

Split sausages lengthwise and saute in a small amount of sesame oil.

Reserve cupcake.

Toast bread.

Figure out where Sara had put the butter, find it, and slice thinly. Put remaining butter where it ###### belongs.

Take the bread out of toaster.

Butter one side of each slice.

Take sausages off of heat, put on bread, along with pickles, cheese, and lots of hot mustard; top with other slice of bread.

Grill sandwich.

Eat sandwich. Think, "well, I really need to go shopping."

Eat reserved cupcake. Think, "well, at least there was a cupcake."

Edited by Eleven

So, being out of any sort of real food, especially produce (I need to go to Weg's), and out of fuel for the grill, and responding to weave's challenge, here is my refrigerator creation:

pickle chips (sweet in this case, but dill would do, it's not relish, after all--but sweet blends nicely with these ingredients)

sesame oil

butter

one chocolate cupcake

Reserve cupcake.

Toast bread.

Figure out where Sara had put the butter, find it, and slice thinly. Put remaining butter where it ###### belongs.

Take sausages off of heat, put on bread, along with pickles, cheese, and lots of hot mustard; top with other slice of bread.

Grill sandwich.

You were drinking right?

sesame oil

butter

one chocolate cupcake

Reserve cupcake.

Toast bread.

Grill sandwich.

Would you have us all believe this is the first you've used butter in 5 months or so? Hope it's salted.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.