What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Have a bit of what's turned into an annual tradition for me today. I am a very middle aged man who still has 3 of his grandparents, and all of them are still in good health and living at home. My grandparents on my dad's side both had birthdays within the last 3 weeks. They are 94. For the last decade or so I've made them an elegant birthday dinner and delivered it to them. The logisitcs of a portable special meal sometimes make menu selection and prep interesting. Fortunately they are adventurous eaters even today. Today I am bringing them beef bourguignon, homemade French bread, and red velvet cake. We head for Buffalo in about 30 minutes. I did a bunch of the prep work last night and have all of the ingredients that still need prep pre-measured and packaged for travel. Last night I browned the floured beef and sauteed the mirepoix and made the start of the burgundy-based gravy (that will need to be added to and brought to a simmer at Gramps place). All of the braising will happen while we visit them.

Should be a pleasant afternoon visiting my grandparents. Cheers folks!

Have a bit of what's turned into an annual tradition for me today. I am a very middle aged man who still has 3 of his grandparents, and all of them are still in good health and living at home. My grandparents on my dad's side both had birthdays within the last 3 weeks. They are 94. For the last decade or so I've made them an elegant birthday dinner and delivered it to them. The logisitcs of a portable special meal sometimes make menu selection and prep interesting. Fortunately they are adventurous eaters even today. Today I am bringing them beef bourguignon, homemade French bread, and red velvet cake. We head for Buffalo in about 30 minutes. I did a bunch of the prep work last night and have all of the ingredients that still need prep pre-measured and packaged for travel. Last night I browned the floured beef and sauteed the mirepoix and made the start of the burgundy-based gravy (that will need to be added to and brought to a simmer at Gramps place). All of the braising will happen while we visit them.

No wonder you are a grease guzzlin' alchie! You've got the natural biological hedge that should get you to 70 at least.

That's cool.

Very cool. Almost every Sunday we cater dinner to my mother-in-law. Today was simple and southern: roast loin of pork, sweet potatoes, and succotash.

Almost forgot about my tasty brunch yesterday:

crab and spinach omelet

sweet potato pancakes

fruit compote

home fry patties

green tea martini for me, mimosa for the bf

Good stuff.

You do have some brunches, don't you?

And we apparently need to get "the bf" (I thought there was a post recently about how women never refer to men that way and I KNEW it was wrong) to read the whisky thread.

• Like (+1) 1

You do have some brunches, don't you?

And we apparently need to get "the bf" (I thought there was a post recently about how women never refer to men that way and I KNEW it was wrong) to read the whisky thread.

Haha -- well, to be fair he was drinking scotch (Oban, mostly) before I ever tried it, and would normally do a Bloody Mary on Sundays but is favoring the mimosas after we had the blood orange ones the other week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.